Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by jbeckett
Thank you for the information!
I personally much prefer the lounge for breakfast. The food is basically the same but the view in the lounge is spectacular (they open it up to the entire space of the neighboring bar with panoramic views of Paris), and it is much less crowded. You can sit right by the window or on a couch with views through the large windows.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by synzero
I personally much prefer the lounge for breakfast. The food is basically the same but the view in the lounge is spectacular (they open it up to the entire space of the neighboring bar with panoramic views of Paris), and it is much less crowded. You can sit right by the window or on a couch with views through the large windows.
I can't remember if it was you or someone else that disputed what I reported, but I stand by what I said that there are more options for food and drinks at the restaurant than at the lounge.

It's true the view from the lounge is unbeatable, but I've had breakfast and the evening food spread at the lounge so I already know what the experience is like. For breakfast, I’ll continue to head down to the restaurant.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 4:54 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by lsquare
I can't remember if it was you or someone else that disputed what I reported, but I stand by what I said that there are more options for food and drinks at the restaurant than at the lounge.

It's true the view from the lounge is unbeatable, but I've had breakfast and the evening food spread at the lounge so I already know what the experience is like. For breakfast, I’ll continue to head down to the restaurant.
I'm offering a different perspective to the OP. Everyone has different preferences. If there are more options at the restaurant I didn't notice it, but I don't doubt your report. However, the lounge had all the options I personally like to eat, and the quality was excellent. My wife and I found the restaurant very busy and crowded and much less pleasant, for our preferences. If you value the additional options, whatever they were, of course that's your prerogative.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, AA Exec Plat, OZ Diamond Plus
I don’t suppose anyone has found a way to make standard rooms appear? 21k club rooms are running amok but no combination of dates will make a standard redemption budge in May 2024.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I booked the Ambassador suite once at this hotel for $100/night, and got upgraded to the Presidential Suite for free for 4 days, as a Discoverist. In a summer, before Covid. It was wild. I just flew to Paris because of this deal, lol...
Old Sep 10, 2023, 6:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
I’ve never seen a standard room here. Period. Not sure why they get away with it.
Old Sep 10, 2023, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stvr
I’ve never seen a standard room here. Period. Not sure why they get away with it.
I've seen them available last minute, but by then it's too late as I locked in the cash rate.
Old Sep 11, 2023, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
What are the hours for breakfast at the Restaurant versus the Lounge. Thanks

Last edited by suite2suite; Sep 11, 2023 at 12:47 pm Reason: Got the answer from the website
Old Sep 11, 2023, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by suite2suite
What are the hours for breakfast at the Restaurant versus the Lounge. Thanks
I think breakfast at the lounge ends 30 minutes earlier than at the restaurant.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by lsquare
I've seen them available last minute, but by then it's too late as I locked in the cash rate.
How last minute would you say?
Old Sep 15, 2023, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FPmiles
How last minute would you say?
Like 24-48 hours before. I think they rather settle for the points than potentially have an unsold room. My advice would be to book at the lowest cash price that you can afford and hope that an award is available before you can't cancel anymore.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 9:16 am

Programs: Chase, Amex, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Delta
I will be staying at the HR with my wife and kids next year to celebrate my wife's 40th. We pre-booked a Regency Suite King since there will be four of us. She is a huge fan of good food and good wine (who isn't?), which obviously is plentiful in Paris. Does anyone have any good recommendations for that around the hotel, or is it pretty much "You can't go wrong"?

Thanks!
Old Oct 20, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
For ideas on good food nearby, see my posts #928 & #931 up thread
Old Oct 20, 2023, 9:52 am

Programs: Chase, Amex, Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, Delta
Originally Posted by sapguy
For ideas on good food nearby, see my posts #928 & #931 up thread
Many thanks!
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:13 pm

Connecting rooms?

Bit of a random question. Currently have two standard twin rooks booked, one with points and one with cash.

I was told there are no connecting rooms other than the family rooms. Has anyone had success converting two rooms into a family room?

Additionally, as an Explorist, is a club lounge upgrade in the realm of passibility?

I do see Club lounge rooms available for an additional 6k per night, but I don’t think I’ll be using the lounge very day.

Last edited by nikehair; Nov 28, 2023 at 11:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.