Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 9:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by synzero
It's not exactly nothing, since the club rooms are not just club access rooms but they are at the top level of the hotel, near the club (which is excellent, for both breakfast and for snacking/food for other times).
A Globalist will get upgraded to high floor Eiffel tower room regardless.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
A Globalist will get upgraded to high floor Eiffel tower room regardless.
If there are rooms available. Which there probably would be, but booking the room guarantees it. If there aren't "club rooms" available then you'll still have club access but might not be on the club level floor.
Old May 4, 2024, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by synthzero
If there are rooms available. Which there probably would be, but booking the room guarantees it.
6k extra points per night for nothing.
Old May 4, 2024, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Standard rooms using points/awards are often available close in if you can wait until a few days prior to check in.
Old May 5, 2024, 5:07 am

goodafternoon
i am thinking about using MEET and GREET in ORLY in combination with transfer from the hyatt regency etoille
The conciergery makes a good offer for that .
Anybody experience with this ??
greetings
cornelis
Old May 13, 2024, 2:04 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
True but I wouldn’t be too concerned about that (at least if you have status and/or a returning guest). I’ve stayed at the hotel probably 20 times, always very busy if not full (had the Guar rate a few times) and always have been on a high floor. I guess they keep the lower floors for group/conference/ÔTA bookings?
So heartened to hear you’ve returned as often to this hotel. I read your posts on PHV avidly, and have chosen that previously using points plus tsu plus cash upgrade. However, now that I’m retired, and want to stay a week, it’s a choice between PHV and ever increasing copays for true suites or a very affordable cash rate plus tsu (booking for next year).

I know central Paris well and have stayed in the 1st arr the last 10 times ((Westin prior to PHV), and love the location, but now will consider this as if it’s good enough for you 20 times it should be good enough for me.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Great but don’t have too high expectations…it’s a 1000+ rooms HR not a PHV and not 1min walk from Place Vendôme and 2-3mins from Opera (and even as a regular you won’t be treated as PHV and HdL do)…there is a reason why it’s 2-4x times cheaper…

But yes it’s clean, in a safe area close to city center by tube and has great views, good lounge and decent restaurants (but plenty of options in the neighbourhood.

All in all (at least for me) a decent back up when there is no room available with my corporate rate at the PHV or HdL (e.g in 3 weeks during Roland Garros) but when travelling privately I choose one of the other 2 with corporate rate or points if not available.
Old May 13, 2024, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Great but don’t have too high expectations…it’s a 1000+ rooms HR not a PHV and not 1min walk from Place Vendôme and 2-3mins from Opera (and even as a regular you won’t be treated as PHV and HdL do)…there is a reason why it’s 2-4x times cheaper…

But yes it’s clean, in a safe area close to city center by tube and has great views, good lounge and decent restaurants (but plenty of options in the neighbourhood.

All in all (at least for me) a decent back up when there is no room available with my corporate rate at the PHV or HdL (e.g in 3 weeks during Roland Garros) but when travelling privately I choose one of the other 2 with corporate rate or points if not available.
While I agree with your points, the PHV & HdL serve a completely different market than the HR Etoile.

The HR Paris Etoile has been my go-to property whenever I am in town solo on business, whereas I book the PHV whenever my wife joins me in Paris and we want luxury.

The staff at the HR Etoile know of me sufficiently to always treat me well, and I like the location for my business purposes since a lot of my meetings are at La Defense.
Old May 13, 2024, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sapguy
While I agree with your points, the PHV & HdL serve a completely different market than the HR Etoile.

The HR Paris Etoile has been my go-to property whenever I am in town solo on business, whereas I book the PHV whenever my wife joins me in Paris and we want luxury.

The staff at the HR Etoile know of me sufficiently to always treat me well, and I like the location for my business purposes since a lot of my meetings are at La Defense.
Humm maybe I’m being difficult but even as a solo business traveller (with meetings in central Paris but also La Défense and other West Paris suburbs) I always prefer to stay at the PHV whenever possible (like I did yesterday despite spending most of today in Boulogne, St Cloud and Clichy…).
Old May 13, 2024, 11:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Humm maybe I’m being difficult but even as a solo business traveller (with meetings in central Paris but also La Défense and other West Paris suburbs) I always prefer to stay at the PHV whenever possible (like I did yesterday despite spending most of today in Boulogne, St Cloud and Clichy…).
It's all good! I like the PHV very much and maybe I will follow your lead to stay there more often, even as a solo traveler on business

But to be honest, the HR Etoile suits my needs perfectly well. Perhaps another reason for me favoring it is that Porte Maillot is kinda "mon quartier" going way back to the days when I was a regular at Le Meridien Etoile across the street (those were my Starwood days) so I am fond of and eat regularly at the many restaurants in the quartier such as Robuchon Etoile, Maison Rostang (under Papa Michel and now with Nicolas Baumann), Dessirier, La Scene Theleme, le Congres, Ballon des Ternes, etc. and I can just walk to them instead of dealing with a taxi or Uber or the Metro.
Old May 14, 2024, 2:06 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I might split my week between the two. A lot of my favorite restaurants are in the 9th, and the location of the HR seems a bit daunting for that.

It would be a week of leisure and so if I do my 9th dining while at the PHV and my more western Paris dining at the HR Etoile, it could work.

The Hotel de Louvre rooms always seemed too small for me (not part of the TSU program, if they were, it’s a game changer).

I know lots of folks get upgraded at the HdL, but that’s much less likely when there for a week in May or September.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.