Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Destinations by Hyatt migrating to Homes and Hideaways by WoH platform 20 Feb 2024

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Destinations by Hyatt migrating to Homes and Hideaways by WoH platform 20 Feb 2024

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

I have an upcoming stay at the WBV on Maui. I received this email from Hyatt a few days ago. I asked around and it seems like it affected all of the Destinations by Hyatt on Maui. Anyone have any insight as to if they are outright leaving or if they will actually be bookable still under the homes & hideaways?
We are reaching out regarding your reservation, confirmation number xxxxx, at Wailea Beach Villas, A Destination By Hyatt Residence checking in on May 16, 2024. Beginning February 20, 2024, Wailea Beach Villas, A Destination By Hyatt Residence will no longer be a Destination by Hyatt residence.

Rest assured, your stay will be honored, your World of Hyatt benefits delivered, and your points and nights credited to your account. Based on your existing reservation as of today, you will earn the following:
  • Base Points and applicable Bonus Points for qualifying spend
  • Tier-qualifying nights for eligible nights

Any changes or cancellations to existing reservations can be made by contacting the Hyatt Global Care Center at 1.888.848.9496 (or 1.402.952.1131 if outside the US). Modifications on or after February 20, 2024, will need to be cancelled by the Hyatt Global Care Center and rebooked directly with the property as a paid stay and new rates may apply.

Starting February 20, 2024, you can make reservations for stays at most of the residences formerly branded as Destination by Hyatt Residences on Homes & Hideaway on Hyatt where you can earn and redeem points for stays at a collection of private homes, villas, and condos in Vail, Snowmass, Hawaii, and more.

We hope you enjoy your upcoming stay and many more rewarding journeys at over 1,300 Hyatt hotels worldwide.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I don't know any of the answers, but FWIW there was also this recent post for another property where someone received basically the same letter: Destination Hyatt Hotel - Lodge at Kukui'ula
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oakfan52
... they will actually be bookable still under the homes & hideaways?...
almost certainly this - otherwise they wouldnt be mentioning points etc for may stay..
i guess feb 20 is their official rebranding day
Old Feb 9, 2024, 7:53 am
foo

Programs: MR, TY, UR
This appears to be a devaluation in redemption value at Destination by Hyatt properties. Looking at the homes that are currently available on the Hyatt Homes site paying with points has a fixed value of 1.2 cpp. I have a booking later this year where under the current award chart I am receiving a 2.6 cpp redemption value.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
This must be because of the fire?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stvr
This must be because of the fire?
No, it's because Hyatt's moving the Destinations properties to a different platform, Hyatt Homes & Hideaway. As OP posted:
Starting February 20, 2024, you can make reservations for stays at most of the residences formerly branded as Destination by Hyatt Residences on Homes & Hideaway on Hyatt where you can earn and redeem points for stays at a collection of private homes, villas, and condos in Vail, Snowmass, Hawaii, and more.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by foo
This appears to be a devaluation in redemption value at Destination by Hyatt properties. Looking at the homes that are currently available on the Hyatt Homes site paying with points has a fixed value of 1.2 cpp. I have a booking later this year where under the current award chart I am receiving a 2.6 cpp redemption value.
Agreed. I routinely got 3 to 6 cpp redemption value for Snowmass and Vail condos during peak season. If the Destination properties follow the trend I see on Hyatt Homes, those days are over. While it will be nice to still earn points, I will have to somehow prepare myself for the cash rates most people pay. I don't know if I can do that, haha!
Old Feb 14, 2024, 12:40 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Does this apply to Destinations Residences only or all Destinations hotels, including properties like the Shay (which isn't a home nor a hideaway)?
TerryK likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Does this apply to Destinations Residences only or all Destinations hotels, including properties like the Shay (which isn't a home nor a hideaway)?
It appears to be Destination Resorts only...at least for the moment. I am staying at one right now in Snowmass and all Hyatt and Destination Resorts signage have been removed. My paperwork all referenced Coraltree Residence Collection. For grins, I tried to book a stay this morning for a Destination Residence property on Hyatt.com. No dice. Only the Destination Hotels were available.

Doing some quick searching, Coraltree will maintain management for some of the Vail and Snowmass properties. But not all. And I imagine some of these will be available on the Homes and Hideways platform, although I do not see any signs of them yet.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 3:34 pm

Destination by Hyatt vacation rentals - unannounced devaluation

As far as I can tell, Hyatt made a no-notice major devaluation to most of its destination properties. Previously, most of these properties were bookable at the stated category rate and had some great redemptions...I noticed this devaluation because I was about to book a 4BR platinum villa at Top of the Village Snowmass for 70,000 points a night - the cash cost was about $6000 a night.

Now, Destination redemptions are completed on https://www.hyatt-homes-and-hideaways.com/ and are tied to a fixed point value of 1.2 cents per point. Availability more than a couple months out also seems to be greatly reduced. The property I was considering is not even available for booking now, but it would be roughly 7x more expensive per night if it were.

I know this won't affect a ton of people, but it is disappointing how Hyatt rolled this out without any notice that I could find. Anyone else affected or had an idea this was coming? Hyatt twitter confirmed the changes were intended via DM
Old Feb 20, 2024, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JustinTI
As far as I can tell, Hyatt made a no-notice major devaluation to most of its destination properties. Previously, most of these properties were bookable at the stated category rate and had some great redemptions...I noticed this devaluation because I was about to book a 4BR platinum villa at Top of the Village Snowmass for 70,000 points a night - the cash cost was about $6000 a night.

Now, Destination redemptions are completed on https://www.hyatt-homes-and-hideaways.com/ and are tied to a fixed point value of 1.2 cents per point. Availability more than a couple months out also seems to be greatly reduced. The property I was considering is not even available for booking now, but it would be roughly 7x more expensive per night if it were.

I know this won't affect a ton of people, but it is disappointing how Hyatt rolled this out without any notice that I could find. Anyone else affected or had an idea this was coming? Hyatt twitter confirmed the changes were intended via DM
I'm not aware of the change, but I do see a new section on Hyatt.com with specific (separate) terms and conditions for Destination by Hyatt Residences - https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ce-awards.html.

The booking engine also looks different vs. "regular" Hyatt properties. I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 3:59 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
See this thread ...

Destinations by Hyatt migrating to Homes and Hideaways by WoH platform 20 Feb 2024 - FlyerTalk Forums

[Mod note: now merged with the above thread]

Last edited by Zorak; Feb 20, 2024 at 8:49 pm
Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:23 pm

Wish I had seen that thread - definitely would have gotten something booked. Thought I had time and plenty options for a March 2025 stay...

I'd still call it a stealth devaluation overall if the only people who got notice were those with existing reservations. Also, the fixed 1.2 cents per point value doesn't give me a ton of hope for outsized Mr. and Mrs. Smith point redemptions.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by JustinTI

It affects me. Stayed here 4-5 times on points. Please see my comment in the linked thread above. And as an aside Top of the Village looks now like a completely separate booking channel. Not sure of the Management Company.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mydogsarebad
It appears to be Destination Resorts only...at least for the moment. I am staying at one right now in Snowmass and all Hyatt and Destination Resorts signage have been removed. My paperwork all referenced Coraltree Residence Collection. For grins, I tried to book a stay this morning for a Destination Residence property on Hyatt.com. No dice. Only the Destination Hotels were available.

Doing some quick searching, Coraltree will maintain management for some of the Vail and Snowmass properties. But not all. And I imagine some of these will be available on the Homes and Hideways platform, although I do not see any signs of them yet.
I assume you'll still get your points and night credits?

I have a reservation next week in Snowmass. The reservation has disappeared from my account but I never received any emails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.