Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The king room is pretty common size for a base-level Paris hotel room, which means it's tight for a couple with luggage and would be super tight for 3 persons.

With three in a regular sized room, I'd definitely be looking to get into the lounge just to have a space to hang out away from the room!
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
The king room is tiny, so 2 adults and 1 child would be difficult and they may not even allow it.

The Club Lounge serves up a decent breakfast and a nice happy hours with unlimited wines along with simple food which could be dinner for 1 night if one wants to save money
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:58 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by sapguy
The king room is tiny, so 2 adults and 1 child would be difficult and they may not even allow it.

The Club Lounge serves up a decent breakfast and a nice happy hours with unlimited wines along with simple food which could be dinner for 1 night if one wants to save money
Are the Twin rooms any bigger? The website is allowing me to book two adults and a 12 year old into the King or Twin, but there is a note on the reservation page that appears to contradict this:

“The hotel does not offer roll-away beds. Our rooms can accommodate two adults max, except for Regency Suite, Eiffel Tower Suite and Family rooms.”

So, am I just asking for trouble if I book anything below a Family room?
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsnearline
.........“The hotel does not offer roll-away beds. Our rooms can accommodate two adults max, except for Regency Suite, Eiffel Tower Suite and Family rooms.”

Yes. All rooms are the same tiny size except for Family Rooms and suites. Please do yourself a favor by booking 2 rooms or a suite.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by jsnearline
Are the Twin rooms any bigger? The website is allowing me to book two adults and a 12 year old into the King or Twin, but there is a note on the reservation page that appears to contradict this:

“The hotel does not offer roll-away beds. Our rooms can accommodate two adults max, except for Regency Suite, Eiffel Tower Suite and Family rooms.”

Nope, all rooms are tiny, except for the aforementioned family rooms and suites
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes. Mostly to the rear of the hotel, and it's a bit of a hassle to walk to the Metro. They're nearly done though. Already finished on the far side of Blvd. Pereire, and it's really nice.
Any updates on the construction? Seems like it should be done or nearly done? What's the best way to walk to/from the metro?
Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
HR Etoil or Le Meridien Etoile?

Please help me choose. My upgrade just went though for a Junior Suite at LM. I also have a Regency Suite booked on points at Hyatt Regency Etoile. the Regency Suite is apparently two connecting rooms.
Anyone stay at both and have a strong preference?
I am traveling with my husband and two small kids so I need a room that can accommodate all 4 of us.
Thanks for any feedback!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:11 am

How many restrooms are there in the Regency Suite?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:19 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Traveler73
Two restrooms
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ashley1245
Please help me choose. My upgrade just went though for a Junior Suite at LM. I also have a Regency Suite booked on points at Hyatt Regency Etoile. the Regency Suite is apparently two connecting rooms.
Anyone stay at both and have a strong preference?
I am traveling with my husband and two small kids so I need a room that can accommodate all 4 of us.
Thanks for any feedback!
I’d say it really depends on what you value. HR will have a much better view + breakfast and canapé hours are in the club with hotels views over Paris and the Eiffel Tower.

Le Meridien has nicer/more modern rooms, and the suite should be bigger. HR will have two real beds and two restrooms whereas you are more likely to get a sofa bed for the kids at LM.

F&B offerings are usually higher end at the HR though it can vary.

For similar rates/points value I would likely choose the HR.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
Any updates on the construction? Seems like it should be done or nearly done? What's the best way to walk to/from the metro?
Tramway is in “test mode” operating without passengers for now and should run with passengers somewhere in April. Most of the work is finished, the disruption is minor and you can walk to the metro by exiting the hotel from the main entrance and turning right along the Meridien then walking straight for a few minutes. Another option is to exit the hotel by the “Boutiques du Palais” mall, walk straight until you exit and the mall and get right into the subway station.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:22 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
What is the standard room for this hotel? I can’t find a single night that has award space, is this normal?
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
What is the standard room for this hotel? I can’t find a single night that has award space, is this normal?
The standard room is like "King Bed" or "2 twin beds". No, I don't think it exists. Maybe others can chime in about being able to book a basic room here on points, but it never comes up on my searches (granted, I rather think this hotel is cruddy so don't look that often).
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by Kacee
The king room is pretty common size for a base-level Paris hotel room, which means it's tight for a couple with luggage and would be super tight for 3 persons.

With three in a regular sized room, I'd definitely be looking to get into the lounge just to have a space to hang out away from the room!
Eh, usually, for Paris, you accept 22 sq meters in an unbeatable central location (i.e. Hotel du Louvre), or you accept 22 sq meters because it's a budget property (~like back when this place used to be 100 euros a night).

For a location on the edge of the city proper, and with prices at ~350-500 euros a night, I think this room size makes this hotel a bad value proposition, even for Paris.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 11:24 am

Programs: Travel Agent for Four Seasons Preferred program, Marriott Stars, Hyatt Prive, Rosewood Elite
Originally Posted by Traveler73
One...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.