Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by cdmca
If the King Room is sold out, I would imagine it would stay that way.
OP can also check to see if the room becomes available by periodically checking availability in the meantime. Never know when it might open up.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver, American Airlines Platinum
Originally Posted by IndoorCamper
My travel dates are December 24-29, and it seems that the base king room for 12,000 points is fully booked. I reached out to the hotel to see if there was anything they could do, and they offered me a two twin room for 12,000 points. This actually surprised me, and was a nice gesture. I booked the King room with club access, for 17,000 points a night as a place holder.

I'm considering booking the two twin room, as I will have the opportunity to upgrade (or atleast side-grade to a King) as an Explorist. My only concern is the occupancy rate of the hotel, since I will be traveling during peak travel season. I don't value club access, let alone at 5K a night. Someone suggested to me that I booked the twin, and offer to pay for a side-grade or upgrade upon check-in. Thoughts?

Hopefully someone who booked with points cancels their King, I'll be checking diligently in the mean-time. Fingers crossed!
The assistance I received from their Reservation Support was spectacular. I had mentioned I had a King, Club Room level booked using points and inquired if it was possible to be notified if a base King became available. They were able to downgrade me to the room I was looking for 12,000 pts a night.

Last edited by IndoorCamper; Nov 17, 2019 at 10:48 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tearex
OP can also check to see if the room becomes available by periodically checking availability in the meantime. Never know when it might open up.
This, of course, is ALWAYS true. I remember when WanderingAramean had the Hyatt award alerts
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tearex
I've been to this laundry too (either during a stay at PH or HR, can't remember) - I think I found it either here or some other thread like the PHTs or doing laundry in Japan

I decided to take the walk and use the coin laundry myself (Yoyogi location) and have a snack nearby while waiting. Very convenient.
I often book a night or two at the Tokyu Stay Nishi Shinjuku down the street for this purpose. All their rooms have a washing machine which is a washer/dryer combination. Works perfectly fine! The hotel Is usually around $70 per night, in January I managed to book it for under $40.
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:28 pm

Staying with family of 3 (two adults and 12-yr-old) in April - we need a roll-away. After emailing, was told I could book entry level room on points and pay the diff (about USD$60/night - same as the diff. in standard room rates) for a view room. The issue is fitting a roll-away in the entry level room. Tried the same strategy to book for the 3 of us at the GHT and was told I'd have to pay in full for the upgraded room (about USD$770/night+)
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by yoketone
Staying with family of 3 (two adults and 12-yr-old) in April - we need a roll-away. After emailing, was told I could book entry level room on points and pay the diff (about USD$60/night - same as the diff. in standard room rates) for a view room. The issue is fitting a roll-away in the entry level room. Tried the same strategy to book for the 3 of us at the GHT and was told I'd have to pay in full for the upgraded room (about USD$770/night+)
Yes, this is standard practice at HR. They’ve done this for us twice. Points for standard room then upgrade for size for rollaway. But for 12 and under, they don’t charge for the bed itself, just the upgrade. In our case, bc we are Explorist, they upgraded us without charge and provided the rollaway for our 10 year old. Very good customer service via email before arrival.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
I want to say the cash rate at this property is usually more reasonable compare to other Hyatt in Tokyo, but still considered expensive compare to other similar Japanese hotels in the surrounding areas.
the club is not Even worth going in my opinion, 7-11 food looks much more appetising than their breakfast. The bed is quite uncomfortable, the hotel is overall outdated, service is average, I probably will go stay at a Japanese chain next time to save some Yen.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
I want to say the cash rate at this property is usually more reasonable compare to other Hyatt in Tokyo, but still considered expensive compare to other similar Japanese hotels in the surrounding areas.
the club is not Even worth going in my opinion, 7-11 food looks much more appetising than their breakfast. The bed is quite uncomfortable, the hotel is overall outdated, service is average, I probably will go stay at a Japanese chain next time to save some Yen.
Really? I’ve stayed here twice and both times had Club access. Once as a Diamond and used a DSU and got one of the nicest suite upgrades ever. Another time as a Explorists and used a Club pass. As a Explorists I didn’t get a suite but got one of the renovated rooms and thought it was very nice too. The hotel lobby, restaurants, meeting rooms underground (on the way to 7-11) were not out dated at all. I stayed at the Park Hyatt as a diamond and whatever they gave me was not any nicer than the renovated rooms at the Hyatt regency. I had the in room Japanese breakfast at the Park Hyatt and yes. It was tons better than the club breakfast at the HR. But I thought the breakfast at the HR was fine. It’s not the best I’ve had but it is way better than any American hotel breakfast and still better than 7-11.

Service was great for me too. Never had an issue. Always welcomed and said Hi. Maybe because I had status? But I’ve found them to be nice overall. I even asked to check in super early when I was a Explorists, at 7am since I landed at 5. They gave me a room. Can’t complain.

I would stay here a third time if I went back to Tokyo.

Last edited by RedElmo; Jan 4, 2020 at 5:05 am
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo
Really? I’ve stayed here twice and both times had Club access. Once as a Diamond and used a DSU and got one of the nicest suite upgrades ever. Another time as a Explorists and used a Club pass. As a Explorists I didn’t get a suite but got one of the renovated rooms and thought it was very nice too. The hotel lobby, restaurants, meeting rooms underground (on the way to 7-11) were not out dated at all. I stayed at the Park Hyatt as a diamond and whatever they gave me was not any nicer than the renovated rooms at the Hyatt regency. I had the in room Japanese breakfast at the Park Hyatt and yes. It was tons better than the club breakfast at the HR. But I thought the breakfast at the HR was fine. It’s not the best I’ve had but it is way better than any American hotel breakfast and still better than 7-11.

Service was great for me too. Never had an issue. Always welcomed and said Hi. Maybe because I had status? But I’ve found them to be nice overall. I even asked to check in super early when I was a Explorists, at 7am since I landed at 5. They gave me a room. Can’t complain.

I would stay here a third time if I went back to Tokyo.
maybe I am unlucky, but both time staying here as explorist and globalist I don’t think I got a upgrade except for a higher floor. I also like to point out that the gym is Super lackluster, it’s almost like you need to bring your equipment, even the gym at the centric (Super small)is better than theirs. And what’s the deal with their gym close at 9pm? I don’t understand

I don’t think it’s fair comparing to PH to regency, but PH obviously have a much nicer bed and much bigger room with a bigger window that doesn’t make you feel like you’re trapped in a box. Having had 7-11 breakfast dozen time and a veteran foodie, I stand my position on their club breakfast being terrible. And that globalist don’t have access to the restaurant for breakfast is another turn off.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
maybe I am unlucky, but both time staying here as explorist and globalist I don’t think I got a upgrade except for a higher floor. I also like to point out that the gym is Super lackluster, it’s almost like you need to bring your equipment, even the gym at the centric (Super small)is better than theirs. And what’s the deal with their gym close at 9pm? I don’t understand

I don’t think it’s fair comparing to PH to regency, but PH obviously have a much nicer bed and much bigger room with a bigger window that doesn’t make you feel like you’re trapped in a box. Having had 7-11 breakfast dozen time and a veteran foodie, I stand my position on their club breakfast being terrible. And that globalist don’t have access to the restaurant for breakfast is another turn off.
I so prefer padding down to the lounge and having a leisurely and comfortable breakfast as opposed to venturing out to the 7-11 for takeaway. In my experience, the club food has not been “terrible”. It’s actually been quite good.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I so prefer padding down to the lounge and having a leisurely and comfortable breakfast as opposed to venturing out to the 7-11 for takeaway. In my experience, the club food has not been “terrible”. It’s actually been quite good.
well of course I am speaking from Japanese standard, if it’s American standard I would say it’s pretty good
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I think their Club Breakfast is pretty decent, they have added some items in recent times. But the evening cocktail hour is poor. Just go down to Shinjuku or walk down the street where there are decent dining options. The area has gotten a few nice restaurants last year. When you go past the McDonalds down the street there are some great japanese options too. Mainly curry / ramen based.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well of course I am speaking from Japanese standard, if it’s American standard I would say it’s pretty good
Which lounge in Japan of this hotel category is great? I think the Hilton one is a tick better but hopelessly packed with people. At least Hilton gives the option of going down to the buffet for breakfast. Then again the HR is 12k and Hilton Tokyo 70k when you're looking at awards.

If you compare HR Tokyo ./. HR Osaka I'd say Tokyo wins by miles.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Which lounge in Japan of this hotel category is great? I think the Hilton one is a tick better but hopelessly packed with people. At least Hilton gives the option of going down to the buffet for breakfast. Then again the HR is 12k and Hilton Tokyo 70k when you're looking at awards.

Have you been to HR Osaka since they completed their new lounge last year?
xmzzn123 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX

Hilton Tokyo really wins in this area vs HR Tokyo, they are similar in cash rates. Also, you can't compare Hyatt points to Hilton points since they are at drastic different valuations lol I get 10k hilton points sometimes from 1-night award stays with 0 spends through promotion

HR Tokyo and Osaka are in different categories, and different level of cash rates, my 3-night stay here at HR Tokyo cost $700+, it is NOT WORTH IT no matter how you justify that lounge.

Also, if you have luggage trying to go to this hotel via subway (marunochi or oedo line) it is only easy on the way up, no escalator down, unlike Hilton Tokyo.

Last edited by xmzzn123; Jan 6, 2020 at 5:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.