Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Hilton Tokyo really wins in this area vs HR Tokyo, they are similar in cash rates. Also, you can't compare Hyatt points to Hilton points since they are at drastic different valuations lol I get 10k hilton points sometimes from 1-night award stays with 0 spends through promotion

HR Tokyo and Osaka are in different categories, and different level of cash rates, my 3-night stay here at HR Tokyo cost $700+, it is NOT WORTH IT no matter how you justify that lounge.

Also, if you have luggage trying to go to this hotel via subway (marunochi or oedo line) it is only easy on the way up, no escalator down, unlike Hilton Tokyo.
I didn't say you value Hyatt vs HHonors 1:1 but 12,000 points is a midtier property with Hyatt while a 70k Award is an upmarket redemption for HHonors. Irrespective of how fast you earn 70k. I jut earned 11k Hyatt points for 2 nights at Alila Bali Ubud where we spent roughly 1k.

Never heard of anyone who went to either Hilton or Hyatt Tokyo by Subway. Both of the hotels have shuttle bus service from Shinjuku Station West Exit.

If you think $200 in a city like Tokyo for a 4-star hotel is too expensive then stay next door at the Washington for $80 or a capsule hotel for $20. I wouldn't even put the lounge into this valuation for a second because in all honesty whoever sits around in a lounge while in Tokyo is really living a sad life. Especially when you have to attach a value to it. Each parmesan cube is worth 20 YEN!
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
I don’t think it’s fair comparing to PH to regency, but PH obviously have a much nicer bed and much bigger room with a bigger window that doesn’t make you feel like you’re trapped in a box. Having had 7-11 breakfast dozen time and a veteran foodie, I stand my position on their club breakfast being terrible. And that globalist don’t have access to the restaurant for breakfast is another turn off.
I wouldn't say the club breakfast is terrible, but for me it would be a toss-up as well between 7-11 or the club. 7-11 I get more variety ^ but club is convenient. I think the HR serves its purpose well for being a Western-chain and priced where it is.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Have you been to HR Osaka since they completed their new lounge last year?

The HR Osaka lounge is considerably more spacious and has a few more offerings. HR Osaka overall is definitely a little more tired than Tokyo and in a sub-optimal location, but it's not too bad from an award perspective and served its purpose for me. The Conrad is in a completely different league and isn't even a fair comparison to the HR (haven't been to the IC).

Last edited by Markie; Jan 8, 2020 at 11:09 am Reason: removal of quote which breached ToS
Old Jan 6, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I didn't say you value Hyatt vs HHonors 1:1 but 12,000 points is a midtier property with Hyatt while a 70k Award is an upmarket redemption for HHonors. Irrespective of how fast you earn 70k. I jut earned 11k Hyatt points for 2 nights at Alila Bali Ubud where we spent roughly 1k.

Never heard of anyone who went to either Hilton or Hyatt Tokyo by Subway. Both of the hotels have shuttle bus service from Shinjuku Station West Exit.

If you think $200 in a city like Tokyo for a 4-star hotel is too expensive then stay next door at the Washington for $80 or a capsule hotel for $20. I wouldn't even put the lounge into this valuation for a second because in all honesty whoever sits around in a lounge while in Tokyo is really living a sad life. Especially when you have to attach a value to it. Each parmesan cube is worth 20 YEN!
If you’re trying to win an argument I would say fine you win.
my point is this hotel is tired, don’t look like a 4 star hotel. And I did arrive the hotel through shuttle, the point is leaving the hotel, I don’t think this hotel values their elites, I didn’t get benefit as a globalist except for the lounge. and elite recognition this is usually what Hyatt is good at. since they have all those flight crews from Lufthansa I don’t think they care too much anyways.

care to put some respect into your words? Just because I think it’s expensive you don’t have to put me down like that.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:17 pm

does either TSU-eligible suite (Regency Suite or Atrium Suite) have the option for a connecting 2nd bedroom?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin
does either TSU-eligible suite (Regency Suite or Atrium Suite) have the option for a connecting 2nd bedroom?
I'm going to say, I think so.

I used a TSU last year and I think there was a door to a connecting room but I'm not 100% sure. Someone with a better memory might be more sure.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Which lounge in Japan of this hotel category is great? I think the Hilton one is a tick better but hopelessly packed with people. At least Hilton gives the option of going down to the buffet for breakfast. Then again the HR is 12k and Hilton Tokyo 70k when you're looking at awards.

If you compare HR Tokyo ./. HR Osaka I'd say Tokyo wins by miles.
The Westin lounge is very good, although I'd view it as a slightly higher category hotel. I've always had the option there of the big buffet breakfast in the restaurant, but unfortunately the restaurant can be packed and zoo-like.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:52 pm

No more suites?

Has the HR Regency pulled suite inventory?

I spot checked at least 30 stays in 2020 and not a single one had suites available. Wondering bc have a stay later this year and wanted to apply a globalist suite upgrade, but couldn’t find a single day available. Even changing number of nights to see if there is a minimum stay requirement, weekdays/weeknights. Nothing. Only seeing standard, view, deluxe, corner deluxe, and club.

Anyone else seeing this / know what has happened? Thought maybe they removed suites for olympics season to increase number of rooms available but who knows?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcphlyer
Has the HR Regency pulled suite inventory?

I spot checked at least 30 stays in 2020 and not a single one had suites available. Wondering bc have a stay later this year and wanted to apply a globalist suite upgrade, but couldn’t find a single day available. Even changing number of nights to see if there is a minimum stay requirement, weekdays/weeknights. Nothing. Only seeing standard, view, deluxe, corner deluxe, and club.

Anyone else seeing this / know what has happened? Thought maybe they removed suites for olympics season to increase number of rooms available but who knows?
Call or mail. Suite availability for this hotel is rarely shown online.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm going to say, I think so.

I used a TSU last year and I think there was a door to a connecting room but I'm not 100% sure. Someone with a better memory might be more sure.
Atrium suite (we had one in the corner, don't know if there are others) did not have a connecting door.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:25 am

I have walked from the station. Why not? I have 2 perfectly good feet. Tokyo is a very walkable city.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Atrium suite (we had one in the corner, don't know if there are others) did not have a connecting door.
Actually I now think I'm confusing this with a different Hyatt Regency (same trip, different city). Sorry, my mistake.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've walked from Shinjuku station; it can be easier than finding the shuttle bus. [BTW, the Hilton is a block or two farther from the station.]
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Walking to Shinjuku station from the hotel is a really easy walk, almost impossible to get lost. Go out the front door, hang a right, down the stairs, hang a left, walk a bit until you get to the covered moving walkways, take those to the end and follow the signs from there. Once you do that once, getting back becomes trivial, provided you get out from the proper West exit.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by hailstorm
provided you get out from the proper West exit.
This is so key, I've stayed at this hotel 3 times, and feel like I know the Shinjuku station very well now, that wasn't true on our first trips. The station can be quite terrifying for a first time visitor.
MSPeconomist and rustykettel like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
I almost always take the metro to Hilton / HR Tokyo. Shinjuku station can be overwhelming but you should be able to find your way if you pay close attention to the signs (and there are many of them)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.