Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 1:20 pm

I have an upcoming stay here in 2 weeks. So far impressed with their concierge to get me a high end restaurant reservation, as well as another random task. I'll e-mail them in a few days regarding merging my stay since I used FNC on one night, and points for 4. And then Club Passes on the 4 points nights.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Staying in February as a Globalist via points. Just hoping we get upgraded to a club room.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SawBo
Staying in February as a Globalist via points. Just hoping we get upgraded to a club room.
You're guaranteed club lounge access in any case. My impression is that in many cities in Asia, local families tend to pay for club level rooms around weekends and holidays, so whether you get the actual club level room will probably depend on the day of the week.
uppereastsider likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You're guaranteed club lounge access in any case.
That may be, but the base room in this hotel is horrendous and I would not book here if there was any chance of getting those rooms.

Might be worth contacting the hotel in advance to see if you can secure a Deluxe Room or above.
OsakaWino likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by stargold
That may be, but the base room in this hotel is horrendous and I would not book here if there was any chance of getting those rooms.

Might be worth contacting the hotel in advance to see if you can secure a Deluxe Room or above.
Also check online in advance of stay to see if club rooms are available. I got one in August, and I am confident in January I will get another status upgrade.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by luvFclass
Also check online in advance of stay to see if club rooms are available. I got one in August, and I am confident in January I will get another status upgrade.
What status do you have? I’m Explorist and only got a view upgrade. Hoping for deluxe or club floor next time.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:37 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
What status do you have? I’m Explorist and only got a view upgrade. Hoping for deluxe or club floor next time.
Explorist won't get a club floor, rules are upgrade to best cat under club and Japanese are often stickler for rules, last time I stayed I used my reward to get club access, I was upgraded to a high floor, it was a very nice room still.

Our next stay I'll be Globalist so I'll see what kind of room I get, it'll also be our 3rd time there. 1st stay we paid for club room.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Neric
Explorist won't get a club floor, rules are upgrade to best cat under club and Japanese are often stickler for rules, last time I stayed I used my reward to get club access, I was upgraded to a high floor, it was a very nice room still.

Our next stay I'll be Globalist so I'll see what kind of room I get, it'll also be our 3rd time there. 1st stay we paid for club room.
Was your high floor room one of the renovated ones? With the nice bathrooms? I’ve attached a club access to award but booked a regular room.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Was your high floor room one of the renovated ones? With the nice bathrooms? I’ve attached a club access to award but booked a regular room.
Yes it was, so likely a view deluxe room - I found a picture I took of the room (with my wife in it so I'm not posting it) and it looks similar to the club rooms I've found online.

Last edited by Neric; Sep 27, 2019 at 7:10 am Reason: Confirmation.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:23 am

Yes it was, so likely a view deluxe room - I found a picture I took of the room (with my wife in it so I'm not posting it) and it looks similar to the club rooms I've found online.
If that’s available I’m going to ask for it as my upgrade. We had a nice view but otherwise weary room. Thanks.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:35 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

If that’s available I’m going to ask for it as my upgrade. We had a nice view but otherwise weary room. Thanks.
I had an email going with concierge where they confirmed they would put me in best available at time of check in. I didn't have to ask for this room. So hopefully your going at a time it's not fully booked.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:55 am

I had an email going with concierge where they confirmed they would put me in best available at time of check in. I didn't have to ask for this room. So hopefully your going at a time it's not fully booked.
I've been going back and forth with concierge for various appointments (super helpful so far). I was wondering if there was a separate e-mail to make room preferences/low key plea for upgrade. Guess you answered that.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Explorist won't get a club floor, rules are upgrade to best cat under club
While Explorist status only guarantees best available room, not including club rooms, there is no rule precluding an upgrade to a club room. Depending on availability, length of stay, and anticipated occupancy, any property might decide to upgrade an Explolrist using a club upgrade award to an actual club room. Note, however, that there are not that many club rooms at HR Tokyo, and they are often booked, so even Globalists do not get upgraded to the club rooms that often.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 11:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
I've been going back and forth with concierge for various appointments (super helpful so far). I was wondering if there was a separate e-mail to make room preferences/low key plea for upgrade. Guess you answered that.
It was an e-mail about a few issues, they gave me boilerplate for the room. Guessing they get it a lot.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
While Explorist status only guarantees best available room, not including club rooms, there is no rule precluding an upgrade to a club room.

True, I suppose, but as you expanded on it's very rare.

Last edited by Neric; Oct 2, 2019 at 5:48 am
Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:15 pm

True, I suppose, but as you expanded on it's very rare.
Earlier this year during peak season I had two stays quite close to each other (within a week). Both had standard room booked. One was upgraded to a view deluxe room (one night stay), the other was upgraded to a club room (slightly longer stay, 3 nights). So it's absolutely possible to not get a club room as a Globalist, even for a short one night stay.

I thought both rooms were relatively comparable, renovated bathrooms or not, and wouldn't have a strict preference of one or the other. I did spend a significant amount of time awake in the rooms as I was working US hours on both stays. In the end, the rooms were what I expected given the price and season and in comparison to the other Hyatt properties in the area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.