Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:40 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
This was brought up in another thread, for everyone planning on staying at the HR please note:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...ty/news-events

Cuisine[s] Michel Troisgros to Close

The Hyatt Regency Tokyo's French Restaurant, Cuisine[s] Michel Troisgros, is to close on 31 December 2019.

The restaurant, the only overseas restaurant bearing the name of Michel Troisgros, third in a 51 year line of illustrious three Michelin stars French Troisgros owner chefs, has been enjoyed by many guests from Japan and overseas since its opening in September 2006. The restaurant has received 2 Michelin stars for 12 consecutive years since the first edition of the Michelin Guide Tokyo

The restaurant is to close in order to respond to changes in the hotel market. However, on behalf of Cuisine[s] Michel Troisgros, we would like to thank all of our guests for their patronage over the years.

We look forward to your continued support at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo.
This is quite sad, we love having this calibur of restaurant at a hyatt. Perhaps it was too good for the HR. Wonder what will replace it. We'll be there at the end of December, will be our 3rd time.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Indeed it's sad. I've eaten in his restaurant in France, although now I wonder whether it's still the same chef/owner as when I was there. I always had the impression that Troisgros wasn't one of those celebrity chefs who put their names on as many places as possible as executive chef but fail to exercise real oversight regarding the menu, food, etc.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Indeed it's sad. I've eaten in his restaurant in France, although now I wonder whether it's still the same chef/owner as when I was there. I always had the impression that Troisgros wasn't one of those celebrity chefs who put their names on as many places as possible as executive chef but fail to exercise real oversight regarding the menu, food, etc.
The Troisgros family was quite committed to the restaurant. Every once in a while, they would fly over from France and host special dinners. They are hosting a farewell dinner on 12/12 and 13, I believe. I know the chef de cuisine also trained under them and is quite dedicated to his craft.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 8:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Aventine
The Troisgros family was quite committed to the restaurant. Every once in a while, they would fly over from France and host special dinners. They are hosting a farewell dinner on 12/12 and 13, I believe. I know the chef de cuisine also trained under them and is quite dedicated to his craft.
That's cool, we've never been to any other 2 star place. So we might be skewed but we have always had excellent service and food. On our last trip they offered a cheap option because we were staying in the hotel but we went for the full course. I love the wine pairing, I don't find that good of pairing any place else I've been to for the price. There's a ton of stared places in Japan so we'll branch out at some point, it's just been so nice to be able to earn base points at such an excellent expensive restaurant.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Neric
That's cool, we've never been to any other 2 star place. So we might be skewed but we have always had excellent service and food. On our last trip they offered a cheap option because we were staying in the hotel but we went for the full course. I love the wine pairing, I don't find that good of pairing any place else I've been to for the price. There's a ton of stared places in Japan so we'll branch out at some point, it's just been so nice to be able to earn base points at such an excellent expensive restaurant.
I've found a lot of Japanese French or Italian places that do excellent wine pairings. Like, Narisawa and Quintessence.
I think the hotel wants to go with something that will bring more guests and revenue. I hope they don't go and bring in Akira Back like FS Seoul did. A beautiful kaiseki restaurant died to bring in that hack's sense of Japanese food.

Last edited by Aventine; Nov 9, 2019 at 6:30 am
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
A couple quick questions:
1) I saw some older mentions of "Hyatt Regency Tokyo Point Card". Is this still a thing?
2) Are the Regency Suites renovated?
3) Is the only standard suite with 2 beds Atrium?

Irrelevant data point: I had booked a points stay here in a standard (non renovated) room here 3 years ago and the hotel allowed me to upgrade at the time of check in to a "deluxe" for I think approx. $25/night. Or was it $40? Can't remember. However it was very worth it.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cdmca
A couple quick questions:
1) I saw some older mentions of "Hyatt Regency Tokyo Point Card". Is this still a thing?
It is, but only open to Japan residents.
https://www.hyattregencytokyo.com/re...3/Default.aspx
Old Nov 10, 2019, 12:35 pm

This was brought up in another thread, for everyone planning on staying at the HR please note:

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...ty/news-events

This is quite sad, we love having this calibur of restaurant at a hyatt. Perhaps it was too good for the HR. Wonder what will replace it. We'll be there at the end of December, will be our 3rd time.
Do you know if I can earn WoH points for charge in this restaurant when I do not stay in HR?
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by matrix8452
Do you know if I can earn WoH points for charge in this restaurant when I do not stay in HR?

Should be able to if provide your WOH number when you pay the check, I seem to recall a spot for it.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver, American Airlines Platinum
My travel dates are December 24-29, and it seems that the base king room for 12,000 points is fully booked. I reached out to the hotel to see if there was anything they could do, and they offered me a two twin room for 12,000 points. This actually surprised me, and was a nice gesture. I booked the King room with club access, for 17,000 points a night as a place holder.

I'm considering booking the two twin room, as I will have the opportunity to upgrade (or atleast side-grade to a King) as an Explorist. My only concern is the occupancy rate of the hotel, since I will be traveling during peak travel season. I don't value club access, let alone at 5K a night. Someone suggested to me that I booked the twin, and offer to pay for a side-grade or upgrade upon check-in. Thoughts?

Hopefully someone who booked with points cancels their King, I'll be checking diligently in the mean-time. Fingers crossed!
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: ANA Pt
Should be able to if provide your WOH number when you pay the check, I seem to recall a spot for it.
I couldn't get credit when I tried a couple years ago; bill was well over 300K yen for the private room with 10 guests.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:55 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by IndoorCamper
I'm considering booking the two twin room, as I will have the opportunity to upgrade (or atleast side-grade to a King) as an Explorist. My only concern is the occupancy rate of the hotel, since I will be traveling during peak travel season. I don't value club access, let alone at 5K a night. Someone suggested to me that I booked the twin, and offer to pay for a side-grade or upgrade upon check-in. Thoughts?
I wouldn't risk it if i were you! Besides, at this hotel the club rooms are overall much nicer than the regular King Rooms in my opinion.
IndoorCamper likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synergypi
I couldn't get credit when I tried a couple years ago; bill was well over 300K yen for the private room with 10 guests.
This happens when they're just a tenant of the hotel and not part of the hotel. You would get spend in the hotel's own outlets.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, FPC Premier, UA Silver, Hyatt Explorist, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Hydro88
I wouldn't risk it if i were you! Besides, at this hotel the club rooms are overall much nicer than the regular King Rooms in my opinion.
If the King Room is sold out, I would imagine it would stay that way. It's a busy hotel and they are pretty straight forward with availability and upgrade requests. A better bet would be to reach out to the hotel, say that you want to book the twin room on points and ask for a paid upgrade to a renovated king. They may be able to confirm it for you over email. It's worth it to stay in the renovated rooms in this hotel.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cdmca
If the King Room is sold out, I would imagine it would stay that way. It's a busy hotel and they are pretty straight forward with availability and upgrade requests. A better bet would be to reach out to the hotel, say that you want to book the twin room on points and ask for a paid upgrade to a renovated king. They may be able to confirm it for you over email. It's worth it to stay in the renovated rooms in this hotel.
Depending on the upgrade cost, it could be better just to pay the additional points for the club level king room. Moreover, if one pays cash for the upgrade, in lounge access included or not?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.