Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Can any experts chime in on nearby restaurants, or even not-so-near but not-crazy-far eateries by the Hyatt Regency? It's been ages since I've been to Tokyo and my Japanese - as well as my knowledge of the geography - is very rusty. Would especially appreciate local food recommendations that specialize in izakaya, yakitori, yakiniku, etc. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For yakitori, the obvious (if somewhat simple/downscale) choice would be to take the JR circle line train to the stop near the Imperial hotel and do the yakatori under the tracks joints. [These places seem to be a happy hour standard for Japanese salarymen working in nearby office buildings.] A much more elegant and very expensive version used to be served in the yakatori specialty restaurant on the second floor of the main building of the Imperial hotel, but I haven't tried it recently, so there could be a totally new restaurant in that spot by now.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Tons and tons of great eateries in the neighborhood immediately west of Shinjuku Station, about an 8-minute walk from the Hyatt Regency. You'll find everything you're looking for there. The neighborhood forms a 2-block radius around this intersection: https://goo.gl/maps/t9sk1ftce9FvQxbo7
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chubbuni13
Can any experts chime in on nearby restaurants, or even not-so-near but not-crazy-far eateries by the Hyatt Regency? It's been ages since I've been to Tokyo and my Japanese - as well as my knowledge of the geography - is very rusty. Would especially appreciate local food recommendations that specialize in izakaya, yakitori, yakiniku, etc. Thanks in advance.
Kabukicho or even B1s near the hotel has izakayas and food galore.
Old May 2, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, UA 1P
Thanks MSPeconomist, lamont2718 and Aventine for the information you provided. It was all very helpful!
Old May 3, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
This makes the 17,000 pts for a Club Room a good value here. Not only does it get club access, perhaps more importantly, it gets a nicely renovated Club Room.
If you're an explorist and use your club certificate, will that bump you to a renovated room? Not sure if Explorist will pretty much guarantee an upgrade to a renovated room. Seems like the old rooms are terrible.
Old May 3, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by YoungSoloTraveler
If you're an explorist and use your club certificate, will that bump you to a renovated room?
That won't (consistently) work anywhere. Club certificate is for club access, not a club room.

Some place may decide to put you in a club room regardless, but that has never happened to me.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
If you're an explorist and use your club certificate, will that bump you to a renovated room? Not sure if Explorist will pretty much guarantee an upgrade to a renovated room. Seems like the old rooms are terrible.
Regardless of whether you're using a club access awards, as an Explorist you should get the best non-club/non-suite room, subject to availability, which would mean a Deluxe (renovated) room, but that "subject to availability" is a gamble, especially on a multi-night stay.
Old May 4, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm Explorist and used club certs last July for a 5-night stay with 2 rooms. We did not get upgraded to a renovated or club room. It was especially obvious that the bathroom was in need of renovation.
Old May 4, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I'm Explorist and used club certs last July for a 5-night stay with 2 rooms. We did not get upgraded to a renovated or club room. It was especially obvious that the bathroom was in need of renovation.
Explorists, used a upgrade cert for 3 nights. Early March 2019.
I got a renovated bathroom room but not a club room.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Regency Suite

Has anyone stayed in the Regency Suite lately? Wondering if it has been renovated yet? We've stayed in the Atrium Suite using a DSU and just one night in the Regency Suite on a comped upgrade, and while I would choose the Atrium Suite because it is nicely renovated (specifically the bathroom) but my wife did not care for the lack of natural light. Thinking of trying to get a suite on all pts, and wondering which to ask for (assuming either is available).
luvFclass likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I'm looking to return next summer and can't find anything but standard rate. Anyone have an idea of why they wouldn't have a Member Rate?
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm looking to return next summer and can't find anything but standard rate. Anyone have an idea of why they wouldn't have a Member Rate?
Some hotels in Japan tend not to take reservations more than several months in advance, so perhaps the HR hasn't yet loaded their discounted rates at this point.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Tokyo Olympics
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Tokyo Olympics
I thought about that but May and June are also not showing member rate. Olympics aren’t till the end of July. I’ll prob reserve now but look at rebooking when closer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.