Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:11 am

I'm getting zeroes for points availability for several nights I'm checking where standard rooms appear to be for sale. Is this a known issue or a glitch do you think?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Omg, I wanted to post this exactly. I was wondering if 1 king is not a base room and only 1 queen is? I am hoping it's a glitch!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by lkar
I'm getting zeroes for points availability for several nights I'm checking where standard rooms appear to be for sale. Is this a known issue or a glitch do you think?
It might be. I had the same problem with some dates I was looking at for GH Hong Kong earlier this evening. Nov 2019 and Jan 2020, lots of basic rooms, but just a blank for points.
lkar likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It might be. I had the same problem with some dates I was looking at for GH Hong Kong earlier this evening. Nov 2019 and Jan 2020, lots of basic rooms, but just a blank for points.
Some people are reporting similar issues across the board on the website problems thread.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:34 pm

It looks like it was fixed at least for my dates. Just booked and applied a club access award no problem.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I noticed that for most of the Hyatt hotels in Tokyo (HR, GH, PH, Andaz), points availability initially showed on the list but disappeared when one clicked through to select it. This was a couple weeks ago.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Omg, I wanted to post this exactly. I was wondering if 1 king is not a base room and only 1 queen is? I am hoping it's a glitch!
It was always possible to select either for a points stay at HR Tokyo. Queen, King, Twin doesn't matter.

If you run into a problem like the one described just call Hyatt and they'll book it for you. Their website is... well, we all know!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The Wonderful World of Hyatt IT.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:39 am

For those who have stayed here, what is the preferred method to get to the Yamanote line?

It looks as though one way would be to walk or take the hotel's shuttle to Shinjuku and go through the west gate to the JR platforms. But it seems like it should be easier to just take the subway from Tocho-Mae to Yoyogi and change there. Any downsides to that approach. How is the subway to Yamanote interchange at Yoyogi?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

For those who have stayed here, what is the preferred method to get to the Yamanote line?

It looks as though one way would be to walk or take the hotel's shuttle to Shinjuku and go through the west gate to the JR platforms. But it seems like it should be easier to just take the subway from Tocho-Mae to Yoyogi and change there. Any downsides to that approach. How is the subway to Yamanote interchange at Yoyogi?
Or you could just walk to the JR Shinjuku station and get it from there. Save a subway fare.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
It looks as though one way would be to walk or take the hotel's shuttle to Shinjuku and go through the west gate to the JR platforms.
Just be aware, if you have any awkward luggage or mobility issues, that the access to the Yamanote platforms (14 counterclockwise) next to the West Gate is stairs. I believe the South Gate has an elevator to the platform, and looking at a map, it may be connected post-gate but I've never explored that. Pregate, the South Gate can be reached either by walking above ground or underground with a slight detour.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e866.html
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel

Just be aware, if you have any awkward luggage or mobility issues, that the access to the Yamanote platforms (14 counterclockwise) next to the West Gate is stairs. I believe the South Gate has an elevator to the platform, and looking at a map, it may be connected post-gate but I've never explored that. Pregate, the South Gate can be reached either by walking above ground or underground with a slight detour.

https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e866.html
Thanks very much. I had thought there may be an escalator up from the West gate to the platforms, but I think maybe it's only for 15/16 and so not for 14, but I'm not sure. The stairs from the platforms down to the level where the West and East gates are look fairly short, but yes, definitely something we need to think about given that we do have a mobility disadvantaged traveler in our group. It appears there are elevators from all the JR platforms up to the south and Koshu-kaido gates but that takes you very far from the Hyatt's shuttle.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:00 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Just spent four nights at Hyatt Regency Tokyo. Wanted to report back that the lounge is an absolute joke, although it got the job done and provided a quick cup of coffee in the morning and a number of free Asahi's in the early evening.

Rooms on our club floor appeared to have been remodeled and other than being disappointed that the toilet seat wasn't motorized (it's amazing what two grown ... adults find amusing these days) it was a decent enough room. I agree with the consensus that the location is excellent (I can't believe anyone thinks the Andaz or Grand Hyatt are in better locations for transit or dining unless you really like Roppongi) and an incredible value for points. If I had remembered my globalist status didn't expire until the end of February I would have saved another 20k points and not reserved a club room.

Also, unless you are mobility challenged as prior poster mentioned I have no idea why people find the access to Shinjuku station or Nishi Shinjuku difficult. Even with baggage it's an easy walk and imo easier than taking the Hyatt shuttle albeit I have now been to Tokyo a few times and the city seems smaller every time I go back. Maybe I'm just used to it. I also stumbled back from Golden Gai one evening (or maybe it was morning) and while the walk was not the shortest I consider it very convenient to everything I wanted to do in Shinjuku without needing to jump on a train.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love Tokyo but the robot toilets creep me out
Old Mar 12, 2019, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just checked in. It's no GH but it wouldn't be fair to expect it to be. It's nice enough. They had me "upgraded" to a club room. I requested a corner king deluxe instead. Much larger room, on a much higher floor (24 instead of 8) and of course I get club access anyway. They gave it to me with no issues. Calling a club room an "upgrade" is one of my pet peeves, especially for a globalist (the room is only expensive because of the club access, which of course I get in any room. Other than the access, it's a standard room on a low floor)

The room layout is a bit odd but it's nice enough. Is a bit of a hike from the bedroom to the bathroom (they did mention that they are renovating and this one is not yet renovated) This is definitely good value for a cat 3.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.