Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
As a data point, I never did have a club access cert deducted from my account. Perhaps there is a hard IT limitation that prevents doing so for such a stay.
If I'm not mistaken, the T&C say that the award has to be applied prior to the stay. I believe that other posters said that the hotel could not apply the award at check-in and they had to contact WoH.

Just speculation, but maybe after you went to your room the hotel staff tried to actually apply the award and was told by WoH that it was ineligible and that might be why they were calling you.

In any case, it worked out for you, and as you said, it never hurts to ask...
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
I agree with krispykrme here. I've taken the Limo Bus & Narita Express to get to the HRT and prefer N'XT (Narita Express) because:
  • N'XT arrival time at Shinjuku is highly dependable
  • I'm tall and find the seats on the Limo Bus a bit cramped and while N'XT isn't exactly spacious, it does offer slightly more room and the chance to get up and move around if desired
  • Limo bus is ¥3100 and N'XT is ¥3,190 - ¥90 is pretty insignificant. FWIW, both offer discounts for purchasing round trip tickets
Also, as krispykrme mentions, upon arrival at Shinjuku via N'XT once you exit there is a relatively new Tourist Information center upstairs (should you desire) on the way the Taxi queue.

After you get to the HRT and check in, you'll have the chance to take the hotel shuttle back to Shinjuku if you desire and will then know exactly where the pick up / drop off point is.

Originally Posted by krispykrme
1. I would avoid limo. While Limo takes you to the hotel it makes 3 stops along the way and HRT is the last one. In addition, traffic is a huge unknown factor.
2&3. Don’t wait for the shuttle. Taxi is cheap (less than $7.00). Once you get out of west exit there are two taxi stand and line is relative short.
4. Yes.

Last edited by mongobot; Aug 19, 2018 at 12:02 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Instead of the Limo Bus or Narita Express from Narita to the HRT, has anyone used the combination of the Keisei Skyliner & Teito Taxi?

Their website claimed that this is a convenient and affordable ticket package for the fast and comfortable express Skyliner that will take you from Narita Airport to Keisei Ueno in as little as 41 minutes and a taxi that will take you to your hotel, in this case the HRT.

http://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/us/value_ticket/teitotaxi.php

Any opinion or experience? Thanks

Last edited by sapguy; Sep 6, 2018 at 2:01 am
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
8700 yen for two people? I don't see the merit in choosing this over the bus.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a data point, I never did have a club access cert deducted from my account. Perhaps there is a hard IT limitation that prevents doing so for such a stay.
Ten days later, I did in fact have a cert deducted from my account.

My new annual night arrived, so today after work I went over there and went to the front and asked, "I see that a room for free night is available. If I make a reservation for a free night for tonight, will I able to apply this Explorist club cert?"

The lady went to the back to confirm, then said that I could. So I did.

Then the lady looked at the reservation and said she couldn't apply the cert for the credit card night. To which I replied, "But you just told me that I could. Which was the reason that I made this reservation, that I can't get refunded. And you did the same thing for me last month and I never heard that I couldn't!"

So she went to the back again, and said that the last time shouldn't have been allowed either, but it was their mistake again so they would allow it again this time, but that this would be the last time.

Which is fine with me. I am now sufficiently drunk for free, and by next year I should hopefully be able to use the free night to try the Hyatt Regency Yokohama.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:07 am

The club lounge is open? I thought they are renovating and that’s why they have no club level rooms open for booking.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
by next year I should hopefully be able to use the free night to try the Hyatt Regency Yokohama.
I have read a rumor (just one, and could not find anything to either confirm or deny, but have not looked for about a month), that the HR Yokohama opening is being delayed until 1Q 2020.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ghzhammer
The club lounge is open? I thought they are renovating and that’s why they have no club level rooms open for booking.
I couldn’t book a club room for last July nor an award night. I emailed them and they said it was bc a restaurant was being renovated. ??? Anyway, they were able to book it manually and add a club access award. Club was open.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I have read a rumor (just one, and could not find anything to either confirm or deny, but have not looked for about a month), that the HR Yokohama opening is being delayed until 1Q 2020.
Regardless, next year's CC night will expire in 2020.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
I am eating breakfast in the club right now. So either it's open, or I have quite a vivid imagination.
_kurt likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I am eating breakfast in the club right now. So either it's open, or I have quite a vivid imagination.
I hope that your imagination is not vivid as I will be there next week, and would like enjoy breakfast at the Club
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:08 pm

Nice stay at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo

I had a nice 2-nights stay at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo in September.

Did not really received a room upgrade as a Globalist (supposedly, I got a room with a better view) but after the awful 3+hours ride on the limousine bus from Narita, I was not in the mood to haggle. The room that I received was fine, with an excellent view of Shinjuku, and with a rather small bathroom but a large shower stall with seating area so quite nice and comfortable.

Had fantastic Japanese and western breakfasts at the Club Lounge, and the staff as well as the Concierge team working the Lounge was superb! They were very helpful with excellent advices on lots of things, including buying the Nozomi bullet train tickets so that we don't have to deal with it for our trip to Kyoto. Also had tea and drinks at the Lounge and it was good.

We had dinner at the 2 Michelin stars Cuisine[s] Michel Troigros on the first floor and enjoyed it very much! All in all, really enjoyed our stay!
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:55 am

This may not be of any use to anyone but me, but I just received information from the hotel on pool and fitness center hours, not posted to hotel website:
Fitness Center:
Weekdays: 5:00AM - 9:00PM
Weekends: 7:30AM - 9:00PM

Pool: Please enter no later than 8:00PM.
Weekdays: 6:00AM - 9:00PM
Weekends: 7:30AM - 9:00PM
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
This may not be of any use to anyone but me, but I just received information from the hotel on pool and fitness center hours, not posted to hotel website:
???? | ??????????????SPA?WELLNESS "Joule"
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:31 pm

Sorry, don't know. I only asked about the pool and fitness center. As it turns out, the hours are too short for my anticipated work days, so I will be staying somewhere else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.