Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
Do you know when they are planning to start the renovation?
We are scheduled to be there in mid August.
Club rooms are blocked for rez from July 1- Sept 30. So you are probably SOL unless they decide not to renovate entirely. We are there first week of July so hoping it's still open. But honestly if they have no rez for that week in club rooms, I imagine they will just not open club. I'm annoyed. And I'm considering moving our rez elsewhere non Hyatt. Don't want to blow the points for the Grand and so looking at Sheraton and Marriotts now, where I can use club. I wish Hyatt would give complimentary breakfast for "access awards" if club out of commission, but reports suggest they will not do that.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Club rooms are blocked for rez from July 1- Sept 30. So you are probably SOL unless they decide not to renovate entirely. We are there first week of July so hoping it's still open. But honestly if they have no rez for that week in club rooms, I imagine they will just not open club. I'm annoyed. And I'm considering moving our rez elsewhere non Hyatt. Don't want to blow the points for the Grand and so looking at Sheraton and Marriotts now, where I can use club. I wish Hyatt would give complimentary breakfast for "access awards" if club out of commission, but reports suggest they will not do that.
Darn. We are there 7/1 but for just 1 night so guess no biggie on not having lounge access. Won’t be there in time for evening anyway and as Globalist they’d have to give us some sort of other breakfast if no lounge. Heading to Kyoto following day and on return will stay 3 nights at PHT - stayed there first time last year and LOVED IT!!!
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Thanks for the update. I'm assuming they will give us breakfast (as Globalist) in restaurant which should be OK.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Thanks for the update. I'm assuming they will give us breakfast (as Globalist) in restaurant which should be OK.
Yes, you should be fine.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:52 pm

I am staying at this property now. When the club gets full, they are giving guests tickets for breakfast at the lobby restaurant. The breakfast buffet there is actually nicer, so I don't mind the inconvenience. When you are here during club renovation, likely they will do something like this or set up a temporary club somewhere for breakfasts.

This hotel always impresses me. It's the "low cost" Hyatt property in Tokyo, but it seems very well managed.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by invalyd
Checked in now. Can confirm they are serving Miso with breakfast. Decent stay, managed to get them to waive the 3,000 yen early check in fee when I showed up at 9am without too much convincing. Only hiccup is the lounge was full and had a 10 minute wait for breakfast. Found the breakfast selection to be fairly underwhelming.
Looking for some more recent experiences with early check-in for globalist. Is there a fee or will they give you the room if there is one?

I am arriving early morning into HND.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by roberto.triviani
Looking for some more recent experiences with early check-in for globalist. Is there a fee or will they give you the room if there is one?

I am arriving early morning into HND.
Not too recent, but as a Diamond two years ago I checked in at 9:45am once with no additional charges, and even had breakfast in the lounge for two days on a one night stay...but I'd already had a several year history of stays with the hotel up to that point.
roberto.triviani likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Appreciate the data point. Thank you.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Apparently this hotel no longer has Club Rooms? All the Club Room descriptions have been replaced with descriptions like "1 King Bed with Club Access". Which of course can be anywhere in the hotel.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Apparently this hotel no longer has Club Rooms? All the Club Room descriptions have been replaced with descriptions like "1 King Bed with Club Access". Which of course can be anywhere in the hotel.
This is a trend I've seen at a number of hotels. Some are now breaking it up into various "club access categories", e.g., "king room with club access", "view room with club access", "deluxe room with club access".

It allows them to sell a lot more "club access" rooms.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:49 pm

I thought club rooms were completely remodeled few years ago, compared to the upper floor rooms, can someone confirm what areas will be renovated?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by anchor79
I thought club rooms were completely remodeled few years ago, compared to the upper floor rooms, can someone confirm what areas will be renovated?
I thought all rooms were refreshed a few years ago.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Aventine
I thought all rooms were refreshed a few years ago.
There may have been some sort of refresh (curtains, carpets?) but its still seems only the View Deluxe and what were formerly called Club rooms have the completely remodeled bathrooms. For what it is worth, the rooms now listed as King/Twin with Club Access still have the description of the remodeled bathrooms.

Maybe someone who has stayed recently will correct me, but I believe the standard King/Twin, King/Twin with View, and Corner Deluxe all still have the old style bathrooms. Last year we stayed in the Regency Executive Suite and it had definitely not been remodeled, while the year before we stayed in the Atrium Suite, which had been remodeled.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:29 pm

When I was there a couple of days ago, they put me on the 7th floor and my room (and others I noticed) had the old "Regency Club" placard on the door. Perhaps they don't use the "Club room" nomenclature anymore, but I suspect they will routinely put Globalists on one of these floors near the 9th floor - where the club room is located.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Another fine time at Hyatt Regency in Tokyo

Hyatt Regency Tokyo

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hyatt Regency Tokyo

2-7-2 Nishi-Shinjuku Shinjuku-Ku Tokyo, JP 160-0000

Another fine time at Hyatt Regency in Tokyo (2 Photos)

Hyatt Regency Tokyo

Check In

Check in was easy, they have a seperate WoH line but doesn't seem to be used unless very busy.  Which it was not when we arrived.

We returned to the Hyatt Regency in Shinjuku for a 4 night stay, this time thanks to WoH I decided to book a base room and use Regency club access (1/4).  Worked nicely and they even upgraded us to a deluxe view king or something like that.  Room was very nice, no complaints there.  Though for some reason they claim they won't wash towels every day but they do, and even if you hang up the provided Yukata they provide a new one each day.  

We ate breakfast everday in the regency club, I find it to be a really nice club and more then filling enough to start each day.  It's a nice and wide selection of food, from white rice to eggs, from sausages and bacon to fruit, many kinds of bread etc.  If you only get to clubs in the USA this one is pretty impressive.  We made it to cocktail hour once, they offer one of two courses in adition to the already set out food.  We didn't try the options because as you can see below we used the resturants.

Dining

We ate dinner at the Jade Garden which we previously ate at for XMAS day, that first time was a special holiday dinner and I thought it vastly superior to the meal this time around.  The food was still good, and I was satisfied.  It's great to get to try some things I'll never have back home.

The next night we ate at Cuisine[s] Michel Troisgros, we also ate here prior and that was a preset menu for xmas eve.  So this time there are quite a few options,  they even have a shorter (and cheaper) option for hotel guests.  We instead went with the 10 course option (omiting the caviar of the 11 course option) and the food was outstanding, just as good as last time we were here.  As long as you don't mind the price tag and like french style food with a japanese twist you can't go wrong here.

This was the first course:

1_3things.jpg

This is the cheese selection, it's massive.1_cheeseplate.jpg

Since the hotel is above the tochomae station it's quite easy to find, we flew into haneda and took the monorail into town then took the subway right to tochomae and up the stairs.

It's a few mins walk from Shinjuku so you can easily get around Tokyo.   

Also close by is a 7-11 so if you really want cheap options you can even find it here, I actually tried their sausage on a stick and it was really tasty, even provided me with a ketchup and mustard pack which my wife used on her fried chicken, when your jet legged and ate plenty sometimes the 7-11 is just the right place to go. 

Overall

It's not the Park Hyatt, but it's got a lounge and good location and the resturants attached are all 100% non-smoking.   I fully recomend it for anyone on a budget in Tokyo. 

Another fine time at Hyatt Regency in Tokyo

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Tokyo?

No, thank you.
Yes
River in Sight likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.