Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2017, 4:57 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by invalyd
I tend to agree, the lounge offerings at HRT are not mind blowing, but serves it's purpose for a quick bite/snack while on the go or first thing in the morning.
It's all about perspective. I agree that it's adequate.

I like my breakfast and find the current lounge breakfast here to be fine for a few days. Don't expect the evening offerings to provide you a full meal, but as a snack and a drink they work as well.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:54 am

I think people are talking past each other here. I think a lot of people are saying it's perfectly adequate, which it is, however, I think that most of the people saying this are likely getting it for free because of status or free upgrades. The original question was whether it was worth burning some resources for it, in this case a lounge pass. For those that are saying that the lounge is adequate, if you had to pay, in a limited pass or points or money, is it sufficiently adequate that you would pay for it. I thought, along with the other benefits of booking a suite on points, that it was, but if all I got for my extra points was lounge access, I probably would not have done it.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
I think people are talking past each other here. I think a lot of people are saying it's perfectly adequate, which it is, however, I think that most of the people saying this are likely getting it for free because of status or free upgrades. The original question was whether it was worth burning some resources for it, in this case a lounge pass. For those that are saying that the lounge is adequate, if you had to pay, in a limited pass or points or money, is it sufficiently adequate that you would pay for it. I thought, along with the other benefits of booking a suite on points, that it was, but if all I got for my extra points was lounge access, I probably would not have done it.
For a single traveller it might be a toss-up, but for a couple it is worth the extra points or if staying 5-7 nights it is worth using an Explo lounge access award (although that would not guarantee a better room). At the member discount rate the difference appears to be 9,000 yen; I would hesitate to pay that when staying alone, but I would think it worth it for 2 persons, since again it would gurantee the better room. Whether or not you would want to have some wine or other alcohol in the lounge in the evening also make a big difference in the value.

The breakfast it decent. There is decent juice, some fresh fruit, good bakeries, yogurt, plus some hot dishes that may or may may not be to everyone's liking, and salad things, and also a variety of coffee and tea.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I personally would not pay for it if (money or points) if I was traveling solo or with a companion.
For a family it could make sense.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
There's a Dennys about a five minute walk away, where a family of five could get breakfast for about $30 total.
Useful info for folks. Unfortunately for us, we need to do w/in hotel b/c we honestly can't all be ready to go at once. It is hard to corral my three sons. And the older two often like to go on their own (14 and 17). Or parents like to go first and have quiet breakfast then wake up kids etc.

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The extra pts needed to get 2 club rooms should prove to be a decent value for breakfast for 5 and the assurance of a nicer room, even if they do not use the evening service. There are also soft drinks etc throughout the day.
Great. That's the advice I was looking for! I'll book it that way. I'm exceeding irritated that I won't be able to use my club passes this year and they will expire before this trip, as will my Explorist status. So more points it is!

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 20, 2017 at 10:29 am
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:47 pm

Thank you so much for all the great advice. I'm still undecided whether I'll stay at the HRT, but this is very helpful.

I'm traveling with my mother in winter, so I think being able to get breakfast in hotel is a huge convenience. Not looking for dinner replacement at night, but the ability to get soft drinks whenever I need one is also appealing.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SP03
Thank you so much for all the great advice. I'm still undecided whether I'll stay at the HRT, but this is very helpful.

I'm traveling with my mother in winter, so I think being able to get breakfast in hotel is a huge convenience. Not looking for dinner replacement at night, but the ability to get soft drinks whenever I need one is also appealing.
Not sure why HRT is your main focus when you are apparently a Hilton Diamond?

Also a Marriott Gold, which puts several other club lounges into play.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:47 pm

Not sure why HRT is your main focus when you are apparently a Hilton Diamond?

Also a Marriott Gold, which puts several other club lounges into play.
I am also a Hilton Diamond and Marriott Gold and I think I understand the draw of the HRT. It all comes down to pricing. HRT, even with paying extra points for a club room or suite, is, in my estimation, the best deal in Tokyo. I used free night certs at the Conrad, but when I was having to spend points, I stayed in a suite (2 actually) at the HRT.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am also a Hilton Diamond and Marriott Gold and I think I understand the draw of the HRT. It all comes down to pricing. HRT, even with paying extra points for a club room or suite, is, in my estimation, the best deal in Tokyo. I used free night certs at the Conrad, but when I was having to spend points, I stayed in a suite (2 actually) at the HRT.
FWIW, I have a 100% success rate getting upgraded to a suite at Conrad Tokyo on all stays as Hilton Diamond.

Not saying that Hyatt Regency Tokyo shouldn't be under consideration, but as a Hilton Diamond/Marriott Gold, places like Odaiba Hilton and Prince Sakura Tower also offer significant value, and should be on the radar as well.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 10:59 pm

There does not seem to be much data, but I wonder what kind of room one would get at HR Tokyo when booking a standard room, such as on all pts or on P&C, and applying an Explo Club Access Award. I've only stayed in a suite. but looking at the photos, the unrenovated standard room looks truly horrible, while the renovated Deluxe rooms look quite nice.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
There does not seem to be much data, but I wonder what kind of room one would get at HR Tokyo when booking a standard room, such as on all pts or on P&C, and applying an Explo Club Access Award. I've only stayed in a suite. but looking at the photos, the unrenovated standard room looks truly horrible, while the renovated Deluxe rooms look quite nice.
I stayed here back in May, a Thu-Sun stay, on all points + Explorist Club Access Award. Chose the standard 12K/night room, but was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the renovated Deluxe King room on the 23rd floor with a view of the park. Having spent the prior week in standard Japanese business hotels, this was a very welcome and comfortable change.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So I was planning on booking 2 club rooms for 5 nights here in July (on points). We want the club lounge but also have a child as a third person in one of the rooms, which bumps us up to that category (maybe reg rooms are smaller?). Anyway, all through June there are club awards available. Then abruptly July 1 and on into Aug, there are literally no club awards available. Is this the sort of thing I just need to call about? Seems suspicious in that they are ALL missing.

As a back up option, if club rooms available at check in (or a few days ahead), can I pay the extra points or $ to upgrade?

Edit: seems that even paid club rooms are unavailable for the entire month + too. Website glitch?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 26, 2017 at 2:50 pm
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:22 pm

FWIW, I have a 100% success rate getting upgraded to a suite at Conrad Tokyo on all stays as Hilton Diamond.

Not saying that Hyatt Regency Tokyo shouldn't be under consideration, but as a Hilton Diamond/Marriott Gold, places like Odaiba Hilton and Prince Sakura Tower also offer significant value, and should be on the radar as well.
I stayed in Conrad as a Diamond and got a pretty basic room. The Japanese breakfast was phenomenal though. Looking at Shinjunku this time because of train access to west of Tokyo
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SP03
I stayed in Conrad as a Diamond and got a pretty basic room.
Sometimes I had to be a bit proactive to get my suite. I have them properly trained now.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by KCKC
I stayed here back in May, a Thu-Sun stay, on all points + Explorist Club Access Award. Chose the standard 12K/night room, but was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the renovated Deluxe King room on the 23rd floor with a view of the park. Having spent the prior week in standard Japanese business hotels, this was a very welcome and comfortable change.
Excellent to hear. ^
KCKC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.