Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 4:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sounds like a great time in the lounge :-).
Old May 9, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
The crappy service left a really bad taste, but there were some improvements over our last stay:

They had some brie-like cheese in the evening in addition to the parmesan, and also a bigger wine selection, 3 reds and 3 whites. And there was more fruit in the morning. Plus they new layout means more window tables, which we like.

P+C here is an excellent value and I would probably considering using a club access upgrade when I drop to Explo next year, but unfortunately I'm not sure my wife would consent to giving it another go.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

That's why I also keep coming back.... excellent value.
Old May 9, 2017, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
The crappy service left a really bad taste, but there were some improvements over our last stay:

They had some brie-like cheese in the evening in addition to the parmesan, and also a bigger wine selection, 3 reds and 3 whites. And there was more fruit in the morning. Plus they new layout means more window tables, which we like.

P+C here is an excellent value and I would probably considering using a club access upgrade when I drop to Explo next year, but unfortunately I'm not sure my wife would consent to giving it another go.
Oof. After the Grand Hyatt debacle, I'm running out of point burning alternatives. I guess road trips to Osaka, or let the upgrades go to waste and go to Andaz?
Old May 28, 2017, 12:33 pm

We are visiting Tokyo in October - would you recommend this Hotel as first time Tokyo visitors (globalist status) ?

I think that the p&c is a really good value - we will stay for four nights in Tokyo and i just can't decide if we should stay here for 3 nights on p&c and the other night at the Grand Hyatt or the Park Hyatt on points or if we should stay the four nights at the HRT.

Best wishes
Old May 28, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
The HRT hotel is a really great value if you are value conscious. We are, so we enjoyed the HRT's location and value quite a bit.

PHT is a much nicer hotel if you are into luxury hotels. We also enjoyed that hotel on its own merits.

If you ask different people on this board you will get different answers, including the opinion that the Park Hyatt is not a great hotel and you should stay at the $1k+/night Aman. It really depends where you're coming from and what you are looking for.
Old May 28, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by cs1985
We are visiting Tokyo in October - would you recommend this Hotel as first time Tokyo visitors (globalist status) ?

I think that the p&c is a really good value - we will stay for four nights in Tokyo and i just can't decide if we should stay here for 3 nights on p&c and the other night at the Grand Hyatt or the Park Hyatt on points or if we should stay the four nights at the HRT.

Best wishes
HRT on P+C is best value of the Hyatts and it is also best for public transportation (get the metro pass good on both subway systems). If you are active tourists and will be out almost all the time, I think it is a good choice for the entire stay. Changing hotels will take up some valuable time. Only if you want to spend more time in the hotel to enjoy a luxury experience would I suggest PHT, and getting in and out of the PHT is a bit time consuming. GHT is basically an upscale version of HRT, certainly nicer, especially the F&B in the lounge, but costs more than double.

I would select HRT and not worry too much about evening offerings in the lounge, save the money vs. the GHT and experience some outside dining.

Last edited by OsakaWino; May 28, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Old May 28, 2017, 10:11 pm

For a cost to benefit value ratio, the HR is the best hands down.
Old May 28, 2017, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Best wishes
If you're staying with three adults (child > 12 being considered an adult), the Andaz Tokyo is the only Hyatt hotel that offically allows three in a room for a point redemption.

If only two, then I agree with everyone else.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Best wishes
You could do 3 nights at HRT and then change to PH. Just put your luggage in a taxi to PH and check in when you're done for the day.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Does this property allow 2 adults and 2 children (10&5) in its twin rooms?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
Does this property allow 2 adults and 2 children (10&5) in its twin rooms?
Short answer: No.

Long answer: If you contact the property you might be able to work something out (paying extra), but even so I would consider the beds too small for two people.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
We had no issue with our family. Two small children at 3 & 6. But yes do have to contact them ahead. We didn't pay any extra
Old Aug 15, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
If you're staying with three adults (child > 12 being considered an adult), the Andaz Tokyo is the only Hyatt hotel that offically allows three in a room for a point redemption.

If only two, then I agree with everyone else.
I called the general rez line re an award redemption for one room and a 50% off for kids room. In this scenario, could we put the 9 year old and two teens in the 50% paid room? Will likely do club level for award plus half paid.

I do see that inputting two adults and one child pulls up only paid rez and no point rez.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I called the general rez line re an award redemption for one room and a 50% off for kids room. In this scenario, could we put the 9 year old and two teens in the 50% paid room?
Think you'd have to ask the hotel directly about that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.