Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by chenry626
I was wondering if the staff would give me a difficult time. haha
There are a lot of cameras around as well, obviously outside of rooms, but in numerous hallways, etc. If the staff wanted to, they could easily figure out if there were 4 people staying in a room.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by bmrisko
There are a lot of cameras around as well, obviously outside of rooms, but in numerous hallways, etc. If the staff wanted to, they could easily figure out if there were 4 people staying in a room.
But you are implying that they pay a dude to look at cameras all day trying to count how many guests come in and out of hotels.

Besides, if I go to Tokyo and use my Gaijin skills to pick up a local girl (or two) and invite them back to the hoteru, I doubt the staff will dare come knock at the door and/or inform me about it at check out.

Also, knowing some hotel employees, it's really the last of their concern unless you start misbehaving/not discreet about it.

Besides, this isn't a boutique hotel. It's a high volume hotel with a tremendous amounts of in and outs just from FAs alone. With many faces going by every day.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:49 pm

The most likely way to get caught, I would think, would be from housekeeping. If they find evidence of four people using a two person room, particularly if it creates more work for them, they might just report it to their supervisor.
I must say, I think the chances of getting caught are pretty minimal unless you are blatant about it, but I think two couples trying to share a standard Tokyo hotel room is penny wise and pound foolish, unless they are way closer friends than we are with any of our friends
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
The most likely way to get caught, I would think, would be from housekeeping. If they find evidence of four people using a two person room, particularly if it creates more work for them, they might just report it to their supervisor.
I must say, I think the chances of getting caught are pretty minimal unless you are blatant about it, but I think two couples trying to share a standard Tokyo hotel room is penny wise and pound foolish, unless they are way closer friends than we are with any of our friends
They also take names when using the pool. And, if staying as a Diamond, club lounge access is right out.

I don't understand the mentality of someone that wants to stay at Hyatt Regency Tokyo, only to sleep like pigs. Get two rooms at an APA Hotel, and be civilized whilst saving money at the same time.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I don't understand the mentality of someone that wants to stay at Hyatt Regency Tokyo, only to sleep like pigs. Get two rooms at an APA Hotel, and be civilized whilst saving money at the same time.
You don't understand the mentality of backpackers? Or maybe a teacher on a $40k/year income stretching a "vacation" to last the three months' summer? On someone on Phish tour stretching a few extra weeks after shows?

Hey, it's not me, I don't recommend it, but I have been there decades ago - had a damn good time, too.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canyonleo
You don't understand the mentality of backpackers? Or maybe a teacher on a $40k/year income stretching a "vacation" to last the three months' summer? On someone on Phish tour stretching a few extra weeks after shows?
Huh?

I was saying that, if money is a motivation, then there are better and cheaper ways to do things than four in a Hyatt Regency Tokyo twin room.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I don't understand the mentality of someone... only to sleep like pigs.
I don't understand the mentality of someone who would refer to people they don't know in this manner.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

They also take names when using the pool. And, if staying as a Diamond, club lounge access is right out.
This is the worst of the full-service Western chain hotels in Tokyo (perhaps tied with the Sheraton), and is closer to a factory than a high class hotel. Unless four people line up at check-in, it's exceedingly likely that this hotel won't notice or care. Even for Diamonds, nobody will address you by name or make an effort to get to know you (except perhaps long-stay/frequent guests). The club lounge is accessed by keycard; nobody takes your name, and the assumption is that once you're in there, you belong. If you must smuggle in extra guests at any hotel in Japan, this is the place to do it. Of course, having two couples in a standard room here would be extremely tight, it's poor style and against the law, but it's not hard to pull off.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jpdx
This is the worst of the full-service Western chain hotels in Tokyo (perhaps tied with the Sheraton), and is closer to a factory than a high class hotel. Unless four people line up at check-in, it's exceedingly likely that this hotel won't notice or care. Even for Diamonds, nobody will address you by name or make an effort to get to know you (except perhaps long-stay/frequent guests). The club lounge is accessed by keycard; nobody takes your name, and the assumption is that once you're in there, you belong. If you must smuggle in extra guests at any hotel in Japan, this is the place to do it.
Even if you accept all of that as true, which I don't, but even if you did, how would that change the fact that four people would likely be more comfortable at less cost sleeping in two rooms at one of Japan's clean and efficient business hotels than crammed in a single HRT twin room?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:16 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Even if you accept all of that as true, which I don't, but even if you did, how would that change the fact that four people would likely be more comfortable at less cost sleeping in two rooms at one of Japan's clean and efficient business hotels than crammed in a single HRT twin room?
I assumed that the poster wants to use points/points&cash and/or wants status benefits; if they're indeed paying cash and have no status, I agree with you that there are vastly better options.

I'm currently here, and find my room a bit snug for two people; it would certainly be tight for four (this is the 40sqm corner room). The website lists other rooms at 24sqm, 28sqm, and 33sqm. I think I only stayed in the 33sqm version and suites before; I couldn't imagine having four people in the standard room. However, in my grad student days, it wasn't uncommon to share rooms of that size with 2-3 others, so I'm sure it can be done.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I don't know why some are continuing to question the poster's motives - you should stop and just answer questions and provide facts, or not.

In my youth (decades ago) I had many occasions where I stayed at a specific corporate type chain business hotel (status, location, loyalty program, etc.) and my company paid (so no cost considerations for me or others with me) and we crammed many people (e.g. 4-5 or even 6) into a room. ...maybe I'm 25 and a newly corporate traveler and I have 4 backpacking friends traveling by my way and they want a night or two of free corporate hotel living ...maybe I'm ending my business trip with a weekend of Dead or Phish shows and my hippie friends are joining me for that part ...maybe my nephew and his two friends need a place to crash one night in the big city before they end their trip with an early morning bus to the airport and don't want one more night of hotel expense...

No one is asking for anyone to bless the concept or plan to cram in a room, the poster is just asking a question - it's easy to not reply.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by jpdx
Even for Diamonds, nobody will address you by name or make an effort to get to know you
That in itself would make this hotel my top choice.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know why some are continuing to question the poster's motives - you should stop and just answer questions and provide facts, or not.
As someone that works in customer service, I can tell you that, sometimes, the customer doesn't always know themselves what they want to do, or at least they don't phrase questions that lead to the answers that are most helpful to them.

Blindly parroting answers to questions is something that Google.does very well, and would also have done so in this case. Where humans on a forum can provide additional value is probing beneath the surface to find better solutions that people may not have otherwise considered.

No one is asking for anyone to bless the concept or plan to cram in a room, the poster is just asking a question - it's easy to not reply.
No one is asking you to moderate this forum and stifle conversation - it's easy to not reply.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt dia
Has anyone been able to find suite availability at this property? I've searched all over the calendar; I've tried short stays, long stays, imminent stays or stays into 2017 with nothing available.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by updawg
Has anyone been able to find suite availability at this property? I've searched all over the calendar; I've tried short stays, long stays, imminent stays or stays into 2017 with nothing available.
Suite availability is not made available online. You have to contact the hotel or HGP and ask about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.