Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:20 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by hailstorm
There are a lot of ticky-tacky regulations at this hotel...but if you actually talk to people, they are quite reasonable.
I've noticed most... If not all hotels in Asia doesn't allow more than 3 ppl no matter if they have two queen beds or not.

I asked before and they said its due to building capacity control... Assuming for fire escape. Do they have to limit capacity based on rooms. Them all being sky rises maybe a contributing factor
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RedElmo
I've noticed most... If not all hotels in Asia doesn't allow more than 3 ppl no matter if they have two queen beds or not.

I asked before and they said its due to building capacity control... Assuming for fire escape. Do they have to limit capacity based on rooms. Them all being sky rises maybe a contributing factor
There are indeed strict fire regulations in Japan. Total maximum occupancy is indeed set at the sum of the stated maximum occupancy of each room, so they keep that as a strict limit for convenience sake

Realistically, they know that there will never be a time when every room is filled to maximum capacity, so they also know that they have some leeway to accommodate the occasional request by Diamonds and regular visitors.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 5:27 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
tpvn, my experience is similar to zombietooth.

It's a Hyatt Regency. Under normal circumstances they don't monitor you closely in this hotel. Certainly no elevator or club checks in my experience.

FWIW I have walked into the club with about 5 pax and 1 room key. Admittedly we did "have access" under the rules courtesy of some lounge lizzards who didn't want to get off their backsides to go and retrieve guests from the foyer.

I've also had a small number of people congregate in my room and consume supplies from Duty Free. Nobody seemed to notice or care.

I think your biggest risk is comfort and privacy in such a small room with 3 people.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Delta Plat
With my wife and I both having Diamond status (hers by matching, mine through hardwork), we spread the two rooms between us, so hopefully at least one of them will get upgraded to a bigger one. Thanks for the data points!

Originally Posted by penegal
tpvn, my experience is similar to zombietooth.

It's a Hyatt Regency. Under normal circumstances they don't monitor you closely in this hotel. Certainly no elevator or club checks in my experience.

FWIW I have walked into the club with about 5 pax and 1 room key. Admittedly we did "have access" under the rules courtesy of some lounge lizzards who didn't want to get off their backsides to go and retrieve guests from the foyer.

I've also had a small number of people congregate in my room and consume supplies from Duty Free. Nobody seemed to notice or care.

I think your biggest risk is comfort and privacy in such a small room with 3 people.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:29 am

Are Diamond members allowed to have comped breakfast at the main restaurant instead of at the lounge?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 7:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

No....
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:40 pm

will i have a difficult time having 4 people(2 couples) in a twin room ?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chenry626
will i have a difficult time having 4 people(2 couples) in a twin room ?
Yes.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:43 pm

Programs: *$ Green
How can they audit that really?

If two people show up for check in and two people show up for check out, and the group stays quiet/doesn't attract attention, what will make the staff want to verify if there is another person in that room?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
How can they audit that really?

If two people show up for check in and two people show up for check out, and the group stays quiet/doesn't attract attention, what will make the staff want to verify if there is another person in that room?
I was referring to problems with four people sleeping on two HRT twin beds.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:14 am

I was referring to problems with four people sleeping on two HRT twin beds.
I was wondering if the staff would give me a difficult time. haha
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chenry626
I was wondering if the staff would give me a difficult time. haha
Yes to that too. Because you would be in violation of Tokyo Fire Code laws. They would cause you some trouble and/or extra money if/when extra guests are discovered.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

They might... or they might simply charge you for the extra persons at checkout. They know you are breaking the rules knowingly. Enforcement might be difficult, but they know more about the occupancy then you might think.

The rooms are also not setup for 4 people, so don't be cheap and book two rooms. If you can make it to Tokyo you can also pay for a room. Or find a cheaper hotel.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
you would be in violation of Tokyo Fire Code laws
Not to mention some other laws. Since the hotel charges for additional guests, sneaking them is a criminal offense, rather akin to using the train without a proper ticket for the journey.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
> I was wondering if the staff would give me a difficult time. haha

While others are commenting on laws and some moral aspect, I'll answer your question. No, they won't notice (if not all four of you are standing at the check in desk together). They don't restrict elevator access by key, for example. One might guess that they can use cameras, but other than that hotel staff won't know if you don't draw attention to yourselves.

The comment about the beds is very true, and the rooms aren't large.

I'm not endorsing anything, just answering your question.

> If you can make it to Tokyo you can also pay for a room.

How would you know? How do you know the poster might not be a teenager, maybe arriving from a year in China backpacking staying $20 USD/night? The purpose of the thread is to provide information about the hotel and the overall experience/area, not advice on one's wealth or income.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.