Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by penegal
Interesting. I have been in numerous rooms at this hotel and they have seemed fairly homogeneous to me. Unless of course my opinion of the base room (which I always book) is actually a "new" club room.

I would comment on the size being small, but not too fussy about decor anyway. 90s is better than 80s or 70s right?
There should be a fairly noticeable difference between a club room and the "base" room.
Attached Images   
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:56 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think I have seen 3 to 4 different "base" rooms here, varying from older, old to newer....
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by RTW1
I think I have seen 3 to 4 different "base" rooms here, varying from older, old to newer....
Wonder when they will get around to renovating the rest of the rooms, such as the Regency Suite? We prioritise a renovated bathroom.

At this pace of renovation, the polar ice caps will have melted by the time they are finished...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
There should be a fairly noticeable difference between a club room and the "base" room.
It's a shame you don't have a photo of the base room bathroom - an even starker contrast.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
Eating breakfast at the lounge as I type this. The lounge has a fancy set up for appetizers. You have to order from the staff and it comes nicely plated like at a fancy restaurant.
Breakfast is kinda lacking. How can you serve breakfast in Japan without offering rice and miso soup? Hyatts in Hawaii offer rice and soup!
Old Jan 19, 2016, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by qmiles321
Eating breakfast at the lounge as I type this. The lounge has a fancy set up for appetizers. You have to order from the staff and it comes nicely plated like at a fancy restaurant.
Breakfast is kinda lacking. How can you serve breakfast in Japan without offering rice and miso soup? Hyatts in Hawaii offer rice and soup!
About to head down to the lounge for some brekkie. See you there!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by qmiles321
I guess they want to keep it Continental style?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:49 am

Having just spent 7 nights here, I can say that the lounge offering (be it brekkie or happy hour) is the worst amongst all the hyatts I've been in that advertise an executive lounge privilege. The staff provided exemplary service which kinda made up for the lack of any substantial lounge offering though.

In fact, the happy hour offering was so bad, I only went for one session of the entire 7 nights I was there.

I know I shouldn't complain having being paid a cheap rate in an expensive city, but this stay was directly after a stellar stay at the GH KL which might have set some unnecessary expectations on the HR :P
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lowjhg
Having just spent 7 nights here, I can say that the lounge offering (be it brekkie or happy hour) is the worst amongst all the hyatts I've been in that advertise an executive lounge privilege. The staff provided exemplary service which kinda made up for the lack of any substantial lounge offering though.

In fact, the happy hour offering was so bad, I only went for one session of the entire 7 nights I was there.

I know I shouldn't complain having being paid a cheap rate in an expensive city, but this stay was directly after a stellar stay at the GH KL which might have set some unnecessary expectations on the HR :P
It's not the best but Tokyo has so many great places for dining out. I never really wanted to be cooped up in the hotel. Having a decent, cheap corporate rate room in a city like Tokyo helps alleviate the crappy lounge.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's still better than 90% of the lounges you get in the US.... and drinks are free. So it's a convenient place to have a drink and a snack before going out again, not for having dinner. Just not a stellar lounge....
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:09 am
Suspended

Is it just me or is this place a steal for 6,000 points + $75 USD? Thinking about doing 3 nights here for C&P and then cashing in my 2 free night certs for Park Hyatt Tokyo.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Is it just me or is this place a steal for 6,000 points + $75 USD? Thinking about doing 3 nights here for C&P and then cashing in my 2 free night certs for Park Hyatt Tokyo.
No, there are at least 2 of us. Very good value. Check your corp rates though, mine are in the 18,000 - 19,000 yen range... so at that price it is usually worth paying.

Last edited by schriste; Feb 12, 2016 at 7:18 am
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:21 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stargold
The base category rooms are horribly dated and should not be mentioned in the same breath as remaining room categories at the hotel. These rooms belong firmly in the 90s.
Any chance a Hyatt Platinum gets an upgrade? If not, do you think it's worth purchasing the club upgrade for 3,000 Hyatt points?
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:32 am

Don't know if you can do points and cash and get the club upgrade for points as well. Extremely unlikely to get the upgrade as a platinum.
I also see this hotel as a much better value than Hyatt's other options in Tokyo, but chose to book suites entirely with points. Gets us lots of room (6 people in two suites) and access to the lounge, for less than a regular room at the Andaz or Park Hyatt. You would likely need to deal directly with the hotel to book a suite as they rarely, if ever, show availability through Gold Passport.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
... but chose to book suites entirely with points.
shhhhhh

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.