Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Is it realistic to walk to Golden Gai, or Piss Alley - and walk home later at night - from the HR. We are a couple, 30 years old, active, fit etc.
Absolutely, Piss Alley is 0.7mile and Golden Gai is 1 mile away. The trek to Shinjuku is only an issue with luggage, kids, disability etc.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 9:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a 15-20 minute walk, so anyone can do it. And Japan is one of the safest countries to walk the streets at night :-).
Old Apr 11, 2016, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Thanks. Has anyone noticed their corporate go up here recently? It used to be 15000jpy plus taxes, now I'm seeing 17500.

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Apr 11, 2016 at 11:14 pm
Old Apr 12, 2016, 3:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thanks. Has anyone noticed their corporate go up here recently? It used to be 15000jpy plus taxes, now I'm seeing 17500.
depends on your company negotiated rate, really. unless you have 2,3 rates to compare.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by anchor79
Club Lounge at this hotel cut back to 9pm closure instead of 10pm starting 4/1/16. The offering at the club lounge is...horrible. Worse than domestic Hyatt Lounges, especially happy hours. However, I am not complaining as I barely visit lounge when I am in Japan. Too many options outside, too little stomachs.
Originally Posted by RTW1
Yeah.... in those domestic lounges the alcohol is also free, or is it? And I've seen plenty of worse lounges in the US, in fact most of them are worse.

This isn't a great one, especially for Asia. But it's still average.
I just spent a night here and the Lounge was disappointing. The Lounge free alcohol is OK, not very interesting selection. But average for Asia? I'll find out later within a couple of weeks how Lounges are at Incheon GH, Beijing GH, and Taipei GH. The evening snack offerings are very poor, the little plate they serve leaves a lot to be desried, definitely worse than the Tokyo Marriott Executive Lounge.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's probably that free alcohol.... but nowhere in my comment I said that it's average for Asia, it isn't..
Just that it's an average lounge (including the US properties where most lounges are crap).
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Lounge is not that baaad, for a HR. Comparing it to GHs is not very fair, i would think. Stayed here a couple of times, and the lounge while leaving much to be desired, is basic in doing what it does. Provide a place to relax, not provide dinner!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I was wondering, are most of you travelling to HRT for business?

I mean, I can't think of any reason why anyone would go for Hotel buffet food when you are in the centre of Tokyo. Even the small raumen/curry shops down the street (like literally 5m walk from the hotel) are way better than most buffet foods IMHO.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by CIT85
The Lounge free alcohol is OK, not very interesting selection. But average for Asia?
Although some have a bigger variety, the quality of the still wines at GH Incheon, GH Taipei, and even GH Hong Kong is not substantially better than that at HR Tokyo. A lot of hotels use obscure labels that are not widely available so as to not make it obvious that they are serving wines that would sell for as little as US$5 wholesale, sometimes even less. About the only exception I've seen is GH Tokyo.
Old May 15, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, SPG Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade, Club Carlson Gold
Hi folks,

Currently a Hyatt Platinum member and in Tokyo for 4 nights in early July. Considering the Hyatt Regency but wondering what the chances of an upgrade to a club floor lounge would be? Any points of reference?

cheers!
Old May 15, 2016, 6:42 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Lounge is not that baaad, for a HR. Comparing it to GHs is not very fair, i would think. Stayed here a couple of times, and the lounge while leaving much to be desired, is basic in doing what it does. Provide a place to relax, not provide dinner!
I have not been to HR Tokyo yet (going in June), but reading the comments above, it seems indeed bad even compared to other HR. I have been to HR Osaka and the food was adequate. Sounds like Tokyo is worse.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by yaksha98
Currently a Hyatt Platinum member and in Tokyo for 4 nights in early July. Considering the Hyatt Regency but wondering what the chances of an upgrade to a club floor lounge would be? Any points of reference?
Somewhere between zero and negligible - not worth even holding out any hope for.

Money would be much better spent on food/drink outside of the hotel
Old May 15, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Please note that when considering paying for a club room at the HRT the actual room quality is much higher, so it is not just the lounge you are paying for.
Old May 15, 2016, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by schriste
Please note that when considering paying for a club room at the HRT the actual room quality is much higher, so it is not just the lounge you are paying for.
True - I hadn't thought of this part.

I still cannot forget the horrible standard room that firmly belongs in the last century, particularly the bathroom
Old May 15, 2016, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by schriste
A note to those traveling a party of three that they are not willing to put an extra bed in the renovated room. It even takes a good deal of convincing to get them to put one in the Atrium Suite...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.