Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CIT85
Yes, but, we are talking about Asia and our expectations are comparisons to other hotels in Asia, especially hotel lounges in China. Unless we're using the typical American corporate lingo, APEJ.
I've experienced 12 club lounges across Asia. This is now the worst of the 12.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:31 am

I'm very disappointed at HR Tokyo Regency Club Lounge. The food offering is pretty abysmal. This evening we were offered either a hamburg steak or a fish bouillabaisse - and a tray comes with 2 small dishes and a rather poor jello. Not much of buffet to speak of, except for some nuts/cookies.

Will I be horribly shocked at breakfast offering in the morning?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I'm very disappointed at HR Tokyo Regency Club Lounge. The food offering is pretty abysmal. This evening we were offered either a hamburg steak or a fish bouillabaisse - and a tray comes with 2 small dishes and a rather poor jello. Not much of buffet to speak of, except for some nuts/cookies.

Will I be horribly shocked at breakfast offering in the morning?
Nah, breakfast is fine.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
I hear that there's on going renovation. Have specific parts of the hotels finished renovating if so which rooms?

Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions around the area that's geared more toward locals rather than tourist restaurants?
I, too, would like to know more details about the renovation. Does anyone know what is being done?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Originally Posted by faikin
I booked using cash and points for 8 nights, used one DSU to upgrade to the Atrium Suite, they gave me the extra night upgrade for free since DSU is suppose to be for 7 days max.

I contacted the hotel in advance since we are a family of four with two children under 12 years old, hotel website say maximum of three persons in the suite, the hotel said it was fine using existing beds. The Atrium suite has two double beds and the sofa can sleep one if needed. Only one toilet in the suite though. The suite has one window to the outside also, the rest faces wihtin the lobby.

I was planning a stay later this month and have an upgrade Atrium Suite using DSU. I was however told by HGP that both the Regency and the Atrium Suites have a maximum occupancy of 2. We have a 5 year old with us. Should I contact the hotel directly if they'll make an exception? If not I will have to cancel the reservation. ANy ideas..
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by siliconflyer
I was planning a stay later this month and have an upgrade Atrium Suite using DSU. I was however told by HGP that both the Regency and the Atrium Suites have a maximum occupancy of 2. We have a 5 year old with us. Should I contact the hotel directly if they'll make an exception? If not I will have to cancel the reservation. ANy ideas..
You definitely should contact the hotel and they are very likely to make an exception for the Atrium Suite.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
You definitely should contact the hotel and they are very likely to make an exception for the Atrium Suite.
We have slept three in the Atrium Suite before. But if you want an extra bed in the bedroom, it will be a tight fit.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
We have slept three in the Atrium Suite before. But if you want an extra bed in the bedroom, it will be a tight fit.
I was thinking that with their 5-year old they would be fine with existing bedding. My wife and I were quite comfortable using only one of the full/double size beds in the Atrium Suite. Of course they could also put the child on the sofa.

Although the English description on the hotel's site says there are 2 queen beds, they are certainly not queen size by either US or Japan specs. The Japanese description says the beds are 140 cm (55 in wide), which felt about correct, and the standard US spec for full/double is 54 in wide. There is no description of length, but my impression was that they might be a bit longer than a standard US full/double.

I can't find anywhere, either in English or Japanese, where it states max occupancy for the Atrium Suite on their website.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was thinking that with their 5-year old they would be fine with existing bedding. My wife and I were quite comfortable using only one of the full/double size beds in the Atrium Suite. Of course they could also put the child on the sofa.

Although the English description on the hotel's site says there are 2 queen beds, they are certainly not queen size by either US or Japan specs. The Japanese description says the beds are 140 cm (55 in wide), which felt about correct, and the standard US spec for full/double is 54 in wide. There is no description of length, but my impression was that they might be a bit longer than a standard US full/double.

I can't find anywhere, either in English or Japanese, where it states max occupancy for the Atrium Suite on their website.
Max Occupancy of 2 is stated on the door of the suite. Additionally, the room doesn't appear if you try to reserve for 2 adults 1 child, but does for just 2 adults.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:02 am

This is very strange as we booked with points directly through the hotel last summer and they specifically said that the base room with points would not work with three and the Atrium suite could not have an extra bed, we had to book the regency suite, but it appears you were told that a regency suite is not an option. Definitely email the hotel directly and they will be able to give you the correct options.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
Thanks OW.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:13 pm

Programs: NH Dia/SFlyer, JL Crystal/JGC, MB Plat, WoHyatt Glob, IHG Dia Amb, HHonors Dia
Originally Posted by siliconflyer
Stayed at the HR beginning of this year with wife and two children (both older than 5). Made a reservation for two with P+C, used DSU for Regency Suite, and contacted the Hotel telling them that we will be 4 persons. Was provided extra bed for free. One child used extra bed, the other slept on the sofa.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I, too, would like to know more details about the renovation. Does anyone know what is being done?
Are the suites being renovated? I can't seem to find availability in any suites until Feb 2017.. Admittedly I haven't checked every day, but I've pulled maybe 20 random dates with no luck.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by polandspringuy
Are the suites being renovated? I can't seem to find availability in any suites until Feb 2017.. Admittedly I haven't checked every day, but I've pulled maybe 20 random dates with no luck.
Suite availability generally isn't shown online.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 11:45 am

That is not true. I have checked several days very far out (like November of next year, random August days, etc) and find Regency and Atrium suites online for booking (plus diplomat and ambassador suites). I think the availability is just next to nil...which is interesting since it used to be easy to get DSUs used here.

Now, it may be that by contacting the hotel directly you might get some special help finding or getting access to some inventory, but the hotel most definitely does list the DSU-able suites on the website for booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.