Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2017, 10:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Is it worth splurging 5000 pts to get club access for the breakfast in the morning for two?
Just for breakfast, definitely not. Even just going to the restaurant downstairs or ordering room service would be better value unless you place some value on the evening offering, even just for a snack and a couple of glasses of wine each.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I find the club breakfast to be pretty decent, though not great. Some free drinks and a snack in the evening might make it worth the points.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by kaiotes
Is it worth splurging 5000 pts to get club access for the breakfast in the morning for two?
The lounge does not get much love here, perhaps deservedly so compared to other Asian Hyatt's, but if your frame of reference is US Hyatt's the breakfast and evening offerings as well as the lounge itself are much nicer at the HRT.

Please do not forget that the Club room itself is MUCH nicer than a regular award room. I would pay the 5,000 just for the room (assuming I had no upgrade alternatives).

Last edited by schriste; Jul 29, 2017 at 12:49 pm
Old Jan 17, 2017, 11:15 am

The renovated room is actually very nice. Stayed a number of times and they always put me in a higher floor refurbished room facing the Tokyo Metropoliten Gov building.

The regency club has a very good view and I'm able to see Fuji San in a clear winter day. Offering is so-so for breakfast, most of the time I would just skip it and have brunch outside.

I always use the point and cash rate here when staying in Tokyo, which is excellent in value. Probably will go Hilton next door if HRT move to a higher category sooner or later.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
There's a convenience store under the hotel (it's a 24/7 7-11 if my memory serves correctly) if you need any quick bites. We didn't find a way to take the elevator down a floor, but it's directly underneath the hotel. Just exit out the front door like you're going to the Tochomae metro station and it's close to that entrance.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ralphs
There's a convenience store under the hotel (it's a 24/7 7-11 if my memory serves correctly) if you need any quick bites. We didn't find a way to take the elevator down a floor, but it's directly underneath the hotel. Just exit out the front door like you're going to the Tochomae metro station and it's close to that entrance.
There are two sets of elevators. One stops directly on the first floor. If you get on one that stops in the lobby, just take the nearby escalator down one more floor. From there, pass by The Lounge and take the exit by the barbershop into the covered plaza where the convenience store and other restaurants are found.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:11 am

Programs: SPG Platinum/Hyatt Diamond
Forgive me for asking but

the last time I checked in at this property (with zero status) I was not
treated with anything approaching welcome or warmth.

Now I've got a bit of status and was wondering : are Diamond guests
able to check in at the Club Lounge at HRT?

Also, is the Club Lounge really that bad now? A couple of years back it
was pretty darn good. With labor as their major cost, why does this place
(and numerous other Japanese properties) have to be so stingy with
the food offerings - for goodness sakes, they buy everything in bulk.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 6:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Off course you can check-in on the club floor.
And the club isn't really that bad, but it's a bit below what you would expect in Asia. But way better than what you get in the US....

I've seen plenty of instances here where people were chasing the cart bringing new food. So I somewhat get why they now do it differently, but some better snacks in the evening still would be nice.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:25 am

Thanks for the swift reply, RTW. Valuable feedback. I'll let you know how things
are, at least for this weekend.

{And someday I figure out why so many (not-cheap) Tokyo properties are
constantly nickel and diming us, unlike same-branded hotels in China and Southeast Asia. Wholesale food costs, purchased in bulk, are not THAT
high here.}
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ralphs
Any pics of the renovated room? Stayed there last month and I'm hoping the room we stayed in wasn't renovated yet, because it felt dated. Floor 20.

Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Basically carrying over the design of the Atrium Suite.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Looks like the Ambassador Suite.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:09 pm

Stayed last Saturday night. Just wanted to report that the club lounge is presently fine ... lots of alcohol options and sufficient food offerings, though most of those could be
considered snacks and not the over-the-top full course dinner choices offered at lots of
Asian properties.

Service : very good, with staff quite attentive to guest needs.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Globalists consistently getting the renovated room? Does look like the atrium suite.

Edit: Stayed recently and got what seems like a mix of renovated (flooring / seperate toilet & shower), but the bathroom keeping its cheap white tile design. At least they seperate the shower head from the bath tub.

Last edited by YoungSoloTraveler; Mar 30, 2017 at 1:37 am
Old May 9, 2017, 4:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
One-night stay at the end of April. Reserved standard King on P+C and was upgraded to a Regency Executive Suite. They said they had prepared a Club King for us, but that there was a problem with the room and thus the upgrade to the suite. Suite in an older style and not renovated, but still nice. Fruit and a full bottle of wine for the suite, plus some cookies. Trainees handled both check-in and check-out at the Club; a bit slow, but we had plenty of time.

Otherwise excellent stay was marred by exceptionally poor service in the lounge. Older male staff was clearing a window table when we arrived in the evening and we asked if we could sit there, then he ignored us while serving the fixed set of apetizers to 3 other couples who came in after us. After more than 30 minutes I finally got up and informed hime that we had been waiting; never a word of apology. Then the next morning all of the lounge staff were middle-aged and older males, again totally incompetent. One removed my fork with an empty plate and after futilely searching for another fork I asked one of these staff for one and you might think I had asked him to cut off his arm.

Someone once mentioned that the HR was owned by a railway company, maybe Okakyu since I believe they own the other half of the building. I would not be surprised if the male staff in the HR lounge are unneeded station staff that are being dumped there rather than "restructuring" them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.