Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 3:48 pm
She

Originally Posted by hailstorm
A note to those traveling a party of three that they are not willing to put an extra bed in the renovated room. It even takes a good deal of convincing to get them to put one in the Atrium Suite...
This was true in our experience also. Stayed here a year and a half ago as 2 adults + 1 toddler in a Club King room. They wouldn't allow us to have a rollaway bed (citing limited space), or even a crib as the cribs were only for babies 12 months and younger. In the end our son just shared the bed with us and it was fine. The funny thing is the room had more than enough space to fit a rollaway!
Old May 15, 2016, 6:23 pm

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, SPG Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by stargold
Somewhere between zero and negligible - not worth even holding out any hope for.

Money would be much better spent on food/drink outside of the hotel
Drats! Not quite what I wanted to hear, but thanks! :-)
Old May 16, 2016, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, AS 75K, Marriott Titanium
Just completed a recent stay. I was wary of staying here again based on the poor wifi that was offered during my last stay in 2015 (15 minute limit in the lobby, special router required for in-room wifi for a nominal charge that didn't even work properly). This time, however, I was notified of their new wifi in the lobby (which didn't appear to have a time limit) and free wifi in the rooms with no individual router necessary.

The free shuttle to Shinjuku Station is a nice amenity, although it would be nice if it ran earlier than 8am and later than 10pm.

Overall, however, another pleasant stay at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
I hear that there's on going renovation. Have specific parts of the hotels finished renovating if so which rooms?

Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions around the area that's geared more toward locals rather than tourist restaurants?
Old May 21, 2016, 10:15 am

What is going on with the suites here all of a sudden? A couple of years ago I stayed and used 3 DSU in one stay! Now, two trips in a row and no availability, including my next stay, over 6 months out!!
Old May 21, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by TennisNoob
Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions around the area that's geared more toward locals rather than tourist restaurants?
Locals? I don't know since I am not a local , but here are some places we really liked to hit when hungry.

Two (very) small and (very) good raumen shops.

I also threw in a curry spot (it's a big chain though).

Oh, and a drug store (in case you need something there, but I also found that the drinks there were MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper than the 7eleven on ground floor. The drug store is actually on the way so you can stop by to stock up after eating.

I have been to all those. They are foreigner friendly, cheap, and very good.

You will find some other restaurants in that area, so have fun exploring that little corner!
Attached Images      
Old May 21, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Thanks for the detail, any high end restaurants? I only have one night at tokyo.

Either Sushi or real japanese hibachi?
Old May 21, 2016, 8:51 pm

Thanks for the detail, any high end restaurants? I only have one night at tokyo.

Either Sushi or real japanese hibachi?
High end Sushi in the immediate vicinity of the hotel? Not sure.

I'm probably not the best person to help you with this, but maybe giving just a bit of details on your mobility and expectations could help others guide you!
Old May 21, 2016, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I hear that there's on going renovation. Have specific parts of the hotels finished renovating if so which rooms?

The ultimate "locals" place is the cafeteria on the 32nd floor of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government building.

http://www.tokyo-jinzai.or.jp/eng/St...lls/index.html
Old May 22, 2016, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
What is going on with the suites here all of a sudden? A couple of years ago I stayed and used 3 DSU in one stay! Now, two trips in a row and no availability, including my next stay, over 6 months out!!
Who'd you ask about availability: HGP or HRT? If HGP ask the hotel directly.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Locals? I don't know since I am not a local , but here are some places we really liked to hit when hungry.

Two (very) small and (very) good raumen shops.

I also threw in a curry spot (it's a big chain though).

Oh, and a drug store (in case you need something there, but I also found that the drinks there were MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper than the 7eleven on ground floor. The drug store is actually on the way so you can stop by to stock up after eating.

I have been to all those. They are foreigner friendly, cheap, and very good.

You will find some other restaurants in that area, so have fun exploring that little corner!

Thanks so much. Incredibly helpful and detailed.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Thanks so much. Incredibly helpful and detailed.
You're welcome.

Hopefully a couple of FTer's visiting HRT gets some use out of it before it gets buried away!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; United Platinum;
Atrium Suite Family of Four

I booked using cash and points for 8 nights, used one DSU to upgrade to the Atrium Suite, they gave me the extra night upgrade for free since DSU is suppose to be for 7 days max.

I contacted the hotel in advance since we are a family of four with two children under 12 years old, hotel website say maximum of three persons in the suite, the hotel said it was fine using existing beds. The Atrium suite has two double beds and the sofa can sleep one if needed. Only one toilet in the suite though. The suite has one window to the outside also, the rest faces wihtin the lobby.

I arrived at Haneda 4am and got to hotel around 6.30am, they allow me early check-on without extra charge too, which was nice.

The Atrium suite had a bottle of Italian wine and a plate of fruit, every time we ate something from the plate of fruit, they replenish it throughout the stay. Papaya (very sweet), grapefruit, apple, plum and kiwi fruit.

The lounge was better than any US lounge I have been, for breakfeast it has a egg dish, sausages, bacon, a pasta or potato, salads, cold meat, smoke salmon, melon, grapes and grapfruit and assorted bakery goods. One breakfeast we tried the buffet, $110 USD for 2A and 2C, and the buffet compare to lounge only had the extra japanese miso soup, rice, mackeral and pickles, and omelete station, else pretty much the same as the lounge. Not worth it in my opinion.

On the weekend, their japanese resturant has a buffet lunch at USD 50, has all you can eat sushi and sashimi and tempura. I thought it was a good deal.

For 90USD (include tax) plus 7,500 points, I think it is a bargain.

They also have the shuttle bus that goes to the Shinujuku station every 20 minutes, very convient. The exit that comes out at the shuttle bus stop is B17. Since depending on which subway/train line you take, you end up eveywhere within the station. So follow the sign to B17 exit and you come up at the bus stop.

Lots of food at the shinjuku station. There is Ippudo ramen close to hotel, use google map search.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:12 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by faikin
The lounge was better than any US lounge I have been, for breakfeast it has a egg dish, sausages, bacon, a pasta or potato, salads, cold meat, smoke salmon, melon, grapes and grapfruit and assorted bakery goods. One breakfeast we tried the buffet, $110 USD for 2A and 2C, and the buffet compare to lounge only had the extra japanese miso soup, rice, mackeral and pickles, and omelete station, else pretty much the same as the lounge. Not worth it in my opinion.
We all complain about the lounge, but the reality is that it's still better than 95% of the US lounges. Something good to occasionally get reminded of.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RTW1
We all complain about the lounge, but the reality is that it's still better than 95% of the US lounges. Something good to occasionally get reminded of.
Yes, but, we are talking about Asia and our expectations are comparisons to other hotels in Asia, especially hotel lounges in China. Unless we're using the typical American corporate lingo, APEJ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.