Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
You still might consider the NEX+taxi. We're not fond of airport busses; they can be crowded and sometimes take a lot longer due to traffic congestion.
Agree as in the earlier post that if you are not fully using the 14 days of the JR pass it is more economical to use it for the NEX going into Tokyo.
Lines at the Narita JR customer service center can be long but they have recently redesigned it to be more efficient and have lots more staff. I think they are getting ready for the Olympics!
I find that it is always easier to do the JR pass exchange at the airports as their staff are much more fluent in English and it is relatively convenient. Having to do the exchange in Tokyo is more challenging--Tokyo station has a dedicated place for helping tourists especially with JR pass exchange which is not bad but the other stations have more limited English ability. I also find I can easily take care of getting all of my JR tickets/reservations at the airport location so don't have to deal with this again at other stations.

Getting the taxi at Shinjuku after getting off the NEX is not too bad. I think they have done a good job in locating the taxi stand given the area. It is just you'll be tired after the long flight, etc. but overall generally (for afternoon arrivals) NEX+taxi tends to be shorter than the bus ride per OsakaWino. We always take the NEX in for this reason even when my kids were younger.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I take the N'Ex too and I think the new taxi stand at Shinjuku new south exit really sucks. Not only is it out of the way, it adds extra distance and and two extra traffic lights to the trip. Still, it is probably a good idea for a first time visitor.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
You still might consider the NEX+taxi. We're not fond of airport busses; they can be crowded and sometimes take a lot longer due to traffic congestion.
And also the fact that they make stops at Shinjuku station and bus terminal before getting anywhere near the hotels.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Sometime I find it's better to check the schedule for the Limousine Bus (or even Shinjuku Station shuttle bus) for the Shinjuku Hilton next door or even the Washington Hotel. A very short walk but it can save you a lot of time (and the Hilton Shuttle stops closer to the NEX).
Old Nov 30, 2017, 4:56 pm

where is the Hilton Tokyo shuttle stops? I know Hyatt is in front of the Odakyu
Old Dec 1, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
I am trying to take advantage of the 14-day JR pass.
I would be cautious about initiating this at Narita. I did so twenty years ago, and it was no problem, but currently tourism in Japan is exploding. This past summer, I was shocked to see the line at the Kansai airport's JR Green counter, where foreigners can initiate their rail pass. It curved around multiple times within the room itself, and then way outside and around the corner. Perhaps Narita's line is shorter, but I would hate to wait in such a long line after sitting on an airplane. Eventually, your choice will depend on how much you value your time and how much aggravation you and your family can tolerate. I recommend the bus. Get settled, then the next day, take the free shuttle bus over to the JR station and trade your Exchange Order for a JR pass.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Just had another nice stay here. One of the best values in the world IMO at 12k/night for a points redemption.

As long as you are comfortable getting to know the Tokyo Metro/JR, the location is not an issue either (I actually love the location). Will continue staying here on both cash and points when it's my money involved.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by anchor79
where is the Hilton Tokyo shuttle stops? I know Hyatt is in front of the Odakyu
Across the street from Yodobashi in front of Shinjuku Station!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:42 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club; Southwest Rapid Rewards; Hyatt Gold Passport
Very disappointing experience a few moments ago with WoH.

I am just a measly Discoverist (Platinum prior to program update) and had booked a trip to Tokyo back in July 2017 for our anniversary this April - we used a reward for 1 night in a regular King room, and points + cash over the phone with WoH to book a Regency suite for the other 5 nights after being talked into that option by the WoH phone rep instead of using straight points for all nights in a king room. Just now, I received an email noting that my reservation had changed with no explanation on what the changes were. Upon a closer look, the room type on the reservation for the 5 nights on the back end of the stay had been changed from "REGENCY SUITE" to "1 KING BED", with no adjustment to the cash amount payable or otherwise.

I called WoH and they explained that they had made a mistake back in July when making the original reservation, and as a Discoverist I was not actually eligible for the points + cash room they had offered and agreed to over the phone at that time. They further explained that there really is absolutely nothing they can (or would) do to address the inconvenience of the downgrade this close to the trip (the room I would like is not available using our competing loyalty program at another hotel). "We are sorry" or similar response was never conveyed, and the refrain simply reverted to the fact that I was not actually entitled to the room received at the time of booking, and the hotel had evidently caught this mistake and WoH is powerless to make any changes or provide a credit as a token gesture.

We are looking into other arrangements so that we can cancel. Frustrating and depressing experience all around.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Going to be here in May on award travel, and am Globalist. What's the chance of getting a standard suite upgrade at this hotel? I will be traveling with a friend, but the only option was a 1 king room; if I don't get a suite upgrade, do they have cots that I can have brought in to the room?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by seigex
Going to be here in May on award travel, and am Globalist. What's the chance of getting a standard suite upgrade at this hotel? I will be traveling with a friend, but the only option was a 1 king room; if I don't get a suite upgrade, do they have cots that I can have brought in to the room?
I can’t speak to the upgrade, but they can provide a rollaway. I’ve confirmed this for my own rez via email to the hotel directly. I have an award night for standard king and they said they’d upgrade/up charge to bigger room to accommodate the extra bed. I think upcharge was around $25/night.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

I can’t speak to the upgrade, but they can provide a rollaway. I’ve confirmed this for my own rez via email to the hotel directly. I have an award night for standard king and they said they’d upgrade/up charge to bigger room to accommodate the extra bed. I think upcharge was around $25/night.

Thanks, that is good to know. I'm currently booked as single occupancy, but did notice when I tried another booking and chose 2 adults, there's a two double bed room I can change to for double occupancy. Just waiting for my friend to confirm if he's going to tag along or not. I put in an email to them to see what the possible upgrade options are for a suite, just waiting to hear back.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by shockers89
Very disappointing experience a few moments ago with WoH.

I am just a measly Discoverist (Platinum prior to program update) and had booked a trip to Tokyo back in July 2017 for our anniversary this April - we used a reward for 1 night in a regular King room, and points + cash over the phone with WoH to book a Regency suite for the other 5 nights
How did you book a suite on points and cash (6k points + 80 USD /night) ?
Only the base rooms are usually offered on award reservations.
The total number of points and cash for the 5 nights will confirm whether you mistakenly booked a suite for the price of a base room (total 30k points + 400 USD) or not.

Or, did you book a base room on points and cash, then upgrade the room with cash/points to a suite?
Please tell us how many points/night and cash/night your 5 nights cost.
That I believe is your only argument left in this case.

Either there is a trick involved, or a mistake in your booking.
I suspect the later, and the mistake was unfortunately caught and rectified.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Can anyone confirm recent experience with the HR lounge hours? Is breakfast still 630-1000 and Cocktails from 1800-2000?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 4:50 pm

Yes, those hours are correct. Stayed here 26th -2nd Jan 2018. Best to arrive 15mins prior to opening in evening. As large families arrive and hold tables for other members later in the evening. Breakfast is mayhem between 8-9.30am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.