Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I need to check out the HR Tokyo Bay.
Actually, you probably don't. There are better Hilton and Marriott options for Disney, and the location is not good for any other kind of tourism.
seigex likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Actually, you probably don't. There are better Hilton and Marriott options for Disney, and the location is not good for any other kind of tourism.
Ha! Okay. We aren’t interested in Disney at all. Trying to stick with Hyatt’s bc have points and will have glob.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Ha! Okay. We aren’t interested in Disney at all. Trying to stick with Hyatt’s bc have points and will have glob.
I recommend you read the relevant thread if you want to learn more about Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay. It's a fine hotel with helpful staff, great if you want to actually stay inside it or chill in the big park across the street. But if you want to go out and about and do tourist things, then the only glob benefit you'll take advantage of is the breakfast (which is subpar for a Regency) and the price you'll pay is many hours of riding and waiting for the shuttle bus to take you to a fairly inconvenient train station.

(Going back to Hyatt Regency Tokyo, you may wish to note that shuttle bus service to Shinjuku station has permanently ended, which may influence your tourism plans a bit)
seigex likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I recommend you read the relevant thread if you want to learn more about Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay. It's a fine hotel with helpful staff, great if you want to actually stay inside it or chill in the big park across the street. But if you want to go out and about and do tourist things, then the only glob benefit you'll take advantage of is the breakfast (which is subpar for a Regency) and the price you'll pay is many hours of riding and waiting for the shuttle bus to take you to a fairly inconvenient train station.

(Going back to Hyatt Regency Tokyo, you may wish to note that shuttle bus service to Shinjuku station has permanently ended, which may influence your tourism plans a bit)
No interest in the Bay location, given your description. We will likely go to Mount Koya and Kyoto. Trying to be open to new spots though.

And yes I saw that about the shuttle. Annoying bc we did use it every day. We are fine to walk to Shinjuku but appreciated the quick lift there. I’d try another TYO location but with needing two rooms for a week the HR was better value. I’m honestly thinking this trip may not happen anyway. 5x J on JAL and covid will probably get in the way. And this is a redo of a cancel! Sigh.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Ask them now. These people are great. And don't offer to pay. You're a Globalist with a history with the hotel making an extended stay with multiple rooms. Just write something like "Hey, I'm coming back to your hotel as a Globalist to spend my points, but I've got my kids with me, can you help me out here?" and I'm sure they will do just that.

Update: I mistook this for the Hyatt Regency Tokyo Bay thread that I've been replying to recently. For Hyatt Regency Tokyo, while my approval of the staff is not so full-throated, I still think it a valid strategy to try with this place.
I've had nothing but good times at the Hyatt Regency, especially for a 12,000 point award. Rooms are always nice, staff has been wonderful, and it's a quick walk to Shinjuku station to get wherever you want to go. To me it's the perfect hotel if I'm in Tokyo. If I want to splurge I might hit the Park Hyatt, but I can get almost 3 nights here for any 1 there.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seigex
I've had nothing but good times at the Hyatt Regency, especially for a 12,000 point award. Rooms are always nice, staff has been wonderful, and it's a quick walk to Shinjuku station to get wherever you want to go. To me it's the perfect hotel if I'm in Tokyo. If I want to splurge I might hit the Park Hyatt, but I can get almost 3 nights here for any 1 there.
I've said it before, but it bears repeating. If you haven't been here in over two years, then you're in for a rude awakening. Pool is gone. Most restaurants are gone. Many staff are gone. Shuttle bus is gone. Lounge offerings are decimated. These are all things that are not coming back post-pandemic. The stench of a rotting core (figuratively) permeates the building.

But at least the surrounding area is getting nicer.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 12:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I've said it before, but it bears repeating. If you haven't been here in over two years, then you're in for a rude awakening. Pool is gone. Most restaurants are gone. Many staff are gone. Shuttle bus is gone. Lounge offerings are decimated. These are all things that are not coming back post-pandemic. The stench of a rotting core (figuratively) permeates the building.

But at least the surrounding area is getting nicer.
Last stay was January, 2020 (so long ago). I don't usually use the pool, and there are millions ore restaurants in Tokyo would rather eat at than a hotel restaurant. Lounge and loss of shuttle is disappointing (especially if you arrive in to Shinjuku w/ luggage), but I don't see why that wouldn't be back after Japan opens back up. If not, it's still a nice centrally-located place to stay for 12,000 pts/ni.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

but I don't see why that wouldn't be back after Japan opens back up.
Do the words service has been closed/finished permanently seem ambiguous to you?
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
My spider sense says the whole building complex (including the insurance company next door) is coming down at some point in the near (3-5 year) future, to be replaced with a shiny new skyscraper. The bubble-era stench is too much, and it's time for a refresh, as is happening with much of the rest of Shinjuku.
TravisMT81 and rustykettel like this.
Old Oct 14, 2021, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, these are not the actions of a property that is holding down the fort until the storm has past. These are the actions of a property that is winding down operations.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 4:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Pickles
The bubble-era stench is too much.
Not sure what you mean. Construction was started in 1978 and completed in 1980, long before anyone could have even imagined the bubble era.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Not sure what you mean. Construction was started in 1978 and completed in 1980, long before anyone could have even imagined the bubble era.
The pre-bubble era stench then? Or whatever stench comes from eating Detroit's lunch in the auto industry?
Old Oct 15, 2021, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The pre-bubble era stench then? Or whatever stench comes from eating Detroit's lunch in the auto industry?
The smell of napalm in the morning.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
At the time these buildings were constructed, Japanese cars accounted for about 10% of the US auto market.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 11:22 pm

Last stay was January, 2020 (so long ago). I don't usually use the pool, and there are millions ore restaurants in Tokyo would rather eat at than a hotel restaurant. Lounge and loss of shuttle is disappointing (especially if you arrive in to Shinjuku w/ luggage), but I don't see why that wouldn't be back after Japan opens back up. If not, it's still a nice centrally-located place to stay for 12,000 pts/ni.

I am with ya here too buddy. For 12k Hyatt this hotel is kick ... for the value. All the negatives mention no pool or restaurants which were nothing special to begin with so no loss for me either. Then the shuttle to Shinjuku station....? Lol that's like a 12-15 min walk or I am almost positive there is a rail line that goes to Shinjuku station for the next stop you enter from. I had a blast in Tokyo when I was there in 2019 and I know things have changed but .... give me a clean room and decent beds (which HRT did have) and I am happy. This isn't an Hawaii beach resort where I want to be on property but be in the city as much as possible. The area this is in to me was solid it was quiet enough where I had no problems for the points needed for this hotel.
seigex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.