Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2020, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Regency Club is now closed. Apparently some of these services are being offered by the Caffe restaurant (the only restaurant still open)

A large number of facilities are either closed or operating under reduced hours. See below for details:
https://www.hyattregencytokyo.com/Po...20_8_April.pdf

Last edited by hailstorm; Apr 10, 2020 at 12:11 am
Old Apr 13, 2020, 7:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Regency Club is now closed. Apparently some of these services are being offered by the Caffe restaurant (the only restaurant still open)

A large number of facilities are either closed or operating under reduced hours. See below for details:
https://www.hyattregencytokyo.com/Po...20_8_April.pdf
If by "Regency Club" you're referring to the Club Lounge on the 9th floor, there is nothing in the linked announcement stating that the Club Lounge or "Regency Club" is closed. Hyatt had previously announced that they were ending the Club Lounge breakfast buffet and offering free breakfast to those with Club Lounge access in the Caffe restaurant instead. It still appears that the Club Lounge (9th floor) is open, but you get breakfast in Caffe, which was the case when I stayed there in late March.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Apr 13, 2020 at 7:35 pm Reason: Add information
Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
If by "Regency Club" you're referring to the Club Lounge on the 9th floor, there is nothing in the linked announcement stating that the Club Lounge or "Regency Club" is closed. Hyatt had previously announced that they were ending the Club Lounge breakfast buffet and offering free breakfast to those with Club Lounge access in the Caffe restaurant instead. It still appears that the Club Lounge (9th floor) is open, but you get breakfast in Caffe, which was the case when I stayed there in late March.
It is correct that the club lounge on 9F is closed. See here

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...ty/news-events
Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It is correct that the club lounge on 9F is closed. See here

Apparently he posted the wrong link.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Apparently he posted the wrong link.
No, I didn't. My first paragraph (which I confirmed from a follower on Twitter who posted a picture of his evening canapes served in Caffe) was not related to my second.

Following the request from the governor, all serving of alcohol ends by 7pm.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 9:14 pm

No, I didn't. My first paragraph (which I confirmed from a follower on Twitter who posted a picture of his evening canapes served in Caffe) was not related to my second.

Following the request from the governor, all serving of alcohol ends by 7pm.
Thanks for clearing it up. The second paragraph certainly supports the first, since it refers to the hotel's facilities, which includes Regency Club and Caffe restaurant, so it's clearly related, but OK, in your mind, it wasn't, no problemo.
Anyway, the closure was probably a bit overdue.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Regency Club is now closed.
Regency Club service has partially resumed as of today.

Concierge service remains unavailable, and breakfast remains served at Caffe.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is just a really sad place to stay right now. The pool and fitness room remain closed indefinitely, as is the bar and half the restaurants. The club lounge is pretty pathetic...nothing but some drinks, a half-broken coffee machine, and some wrapped dry cookies. The evening appetizer set is about the same as always, but there's nothing else but that and variety of alcohol (all self-serve, even though the staff doesn't seem particularly busy) Breakfast is still served in Caffe, but only a choice of American or Japanese breakfast set, both of which are...okay, I guess.

As the cheapest option to fill out the remaining nights to get to Globalist it served its purpose, but it was a chore doing so. There's so much more life at the Hilton across the street.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As of April 1st, Hyatt Regency Tokyo is permanently closing its pool and the majority of its restaurants.

Old Feb 7, 2021, 10:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
As of April 1st, Hyatt Regency Tokyo is permanently closing its pool and the majority of its restaurants.

By Lounge do they mean the Club Lounge?

What a bummer for all this.
Old Feb 7, 2021, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
By Lounge do they mean the Club Lounge?
No. Confusingly, there is a restaurant/cafe called "Lounge". Well, at least on weekends until the end of March there is.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ja...o/tyoty/dining
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold

”permanently” is pretty drastic, might as well close the hotel.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 9:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

The link said
"Pool is currently closed and there is no plan to resume services until the end of March." So as of today, it will be open by April.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder whether permanent closure is a translation problem; perhaps indefinite closure (no fixed ending date) was meant, as it sounds like the pool might reopen in a couple months.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
The link said
"Pool is currently closed and there is no plan to resume services until the end of March." So as of today, it will be open by April.
No. The pool has been temporarily closed since June. It remains closed today. It will be permanently gone from April. I have confirmed this with the hotel.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder whether permanent closure is a translation problem; perhaps indefinite closure (no fixed ending date) was meant, as it sounds like the pool might reopen in a couple months.
I really don't see where the confusion is. The pool is closing for good on April 1st, irrespective of the fact that it remains closed "temporarily" at the moment, and likely will not reopen before April 1st. This is clear in both English and Japanese.

April 1st is the official start of the business year in Japan, so is the date when many adminstrative decisions go into effect. I would guess that everyone responsible for maintaining the pool are no longer with the hotel.

Last edited by hailstorm; Feb 8, 2021 at 5:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.