Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:23 am

Red face

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Sounds like he is confusing NEX with Limosuine Bus.
Oops! You are totally right. I am confusing those two!
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by blackzarg
Oops! You are totally right. I am confusing those two!
NEX: Narita EXpress train from Narita to Shinjuku station (3-4 stops in between). This is not a regular commuter subway train and each car has space for luggage. From airport to Shinjuku station is about 90 minutes. Shinjuku Station to hotel is about 3/4 mile. You can take a stroll, take the hyatt hotel shuttle which run every 20min or take a cab.

Limo Bus: Drop you off right in front of lobby. Traffic can be bad, but they tend to adhere to estimated time, usually 120 minutes.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Hi all,

I was hoping to use a suite upgrade for a stay this summer at HR Tokyo but there isn’t any availability, even for cash. I assume this might have to do with the Olympics just after my stay but I did some poking around later in the year and I see no suites at all even for single night cash stays on hyatt.com.

Is the property successful at selling their suites almost a year in advance? Or am I doing something wrong?

I would consider paying cash instead of the suite upgrade if that helps due to the length of our stay.

Any ideas or advice appreciated! Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by tetudc
Hi all,

I was hoping to use a suite upgrade for a stay this summer at HR Tokyo but there isn’t any availability, even for cash. I assume this might have to do with the Olympics just after my stay but I did some poking around later in the year and I see no suites at all even for single night cash stays on hyatt.com.

Is the property successful at selling their suites almost a year in advance? Or am I doing something wrong?

I would consider paying cash instead of the suite upgrade if that helps due to the length of our stay.

Any ideas or advice appreciated! Thanks!
HR Tokyo, similar to many other properties, does not (usually) list their suites for online booking. You have to contact Hyatt to check availability, whether for cash, points, or TSU.
tetudc likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:04 pm

In my experience, best to contact the hotel directly rather than Hyatt reservations
tetudc likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:54 pm

Programs: MM / UA 1K
I stayed here recently for four nights as an Explorist using cash + points. I applied a lounge cert prior to my stay. I've stayed at this property several times in the past.

I checked in at the main desk and was given a renovated room on the 23rd floor. The agent went over my reservation and benefits as an Explorist member.
The room overlooked Shinjuku Chuo Park and I noticed it's getting a major overhaul including a new building directly across the street from the hotel, towards the Denny's, Koen & Kita Dori corner. Probably in preparation for the Olympics.
The renovated room is definitely nicer in decor than the standard rooms and I was glad to have it but mine was showing a lot of wear. In fact the carpeting in front of the bath / shower room was literally threadbare.
I found the bed comfortable and like the hybrid soba pillow.

My check in was in the early evening so later I went up to the lounge and had a drink and some snacks. The lounge was about half full and the staff were all wearing face masks presumably due to concerns about the corona virus outbreak.
Some of the staff were going through the lounge offering select dishes for order. As was going for dinner soon, I declined but what they brought out to guests that ordered looked good.
Several guests had their devices in speaker mode which discouraged me from staying there very long. The lounge info flyer handed out at checkin had a note about keeping devices silent in the lounge but clearly this wasn't being enforced.
The next morning I went back to the lounge for breakfast and it was pretty busy and nearly full. Since this was during the extended Chinese New Year / Golden Week the majority of the guests appeared to be families from Mainland China. This meant quite a few kids running around and a bit more activity than I've experienced there on previous trips.
In the end I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and avoided the lounge for the rest of the stay.

I used the Lounge concierge / staff once during my stay to make dinner reservations. I had contacted the hotel just prior to travel to make a booking for dinner at a casual restaurant but that resulted in the request for a authorization document with my credit card info to be sent by FAX and since I didn't have easy access to a FAX machine, I decided to wait until after I arrived. At the hotel I spoke with one of the staff at the lounge to set it up. She made the booking while I waited and informed me that a credit card guarantee was not required for the restaurant but that I should make sure I showed up because failure to show would result in blocking any reservations from the HRT in the future. I promised to do my best to represent the hotel...

I was able to use late check out and settled up without any issues with the bill.

Overall my stay was OK. I would probably stay there again if I need a relatively inexpensive stay in Tokyo although it seems that the rooms could use a refresh and I wish the lounge were a little bit better managed.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:57 am

Looks like at long last this hotel is going to category 4. Certainly not a surprise. It's probably more surprising that it stayed a category 3 for all of this time. Book before 3/22 to get the old rate.

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...t-updates.html
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:11 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Oh
Originally Posted by lkar
Looks like at long last this hotel is going to category 4. Certainly not a surprise. It's probably more surprising that it stayed a category 3 for all of this time. Book before 3/22 to get the old rate.

Noooooo is Hyatt regency Tokyo going up in category!?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by lkar

It is/was a killer value as a cat 3. Enjoyed my stay last year in April.

Last edited by TJ665; Feb 12, 2020 at 11:32 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Would have expected HR TYO going up in price years ago. Surprised it stayed as low as It did until now.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 6:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
Staying here and checking out today. Will have a decent review later but posting some new hours in case anyone is curious.

Old Feb 14, 2020, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I wonder if the cutback is costcutting due to loss of income from China...
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I wonder if the cutback is costcutting due to loss of income from China...
Staff shortage might also be a factor, especially re the discontinuation of 24-hr room service.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So you can’t get breakfast in the lounge until 10? Only folks on a leisure vacation will use that. How can they make lounge breakfast a benefit when it doesn’t start till 10? Or maybe that’s the point: effectively eliminating breakfast.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So you can’t get breakfast in the lounge until 10? Only folks on a leisure vacation will use that. How can they make lounge breakfast a benefit when it doesn’t start till 10? Or maybe that’s the point: effectively eliminating breakfast.
Since they are referring to the lounge on the 1st floor, I think this is the "lounge" bar on that floor. The club lounge is on a higher floor and has been open at 6:30am for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.