Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by heakja
Thanks for the input! I hate those sounds too. Was the installation on both sides of the hotel? I got the impression that the Atrum suites are corner suites?
The Atrium Suites are wierd. They are in 2 of the interior corners of the lobby/atrium. On only 2 or three floors (10th approx) The exterior corner is actually the "point" you see in the living room (check out floor plan at Hyatt.com). Probably the worst view of any room (I do not know for sure of course, but would not surprise me). Not sure if suites on other side have same ventilation shaft, but I'd guess it is likely.

Even with all those negatives, the design of the suite is nice and can be considered a value in Tokyo. FWIW I just booked 3 nights for my wife and I in October and went for the Regency. Standard square rooms with nice space and pretty good view too. Yes, they are more dated, but I have stayed before and found them very pleasant.

Unless I had some DSUs to burn off, I'd be happy with the Club King if staying by myself.

Last edited by schriste; Feb 29, 2016 at 9:22 am Reason: Fix typo
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by schriste
The Atrium Suites are wierd. The are in 2 of the inerior corners of the lobby. On only 2 or three floors (10th approx) The exterior corner is actually the point you see in the living room. Probably the worst view of any room (I do not know for sure of course, but would not surprise me). Not sure if suites on other side have same ventilation shaft, but I'd guess it is likely.

Even with all those negatives, the design of the suite is nice and can be considered a value in Tokyo. fWIW I just booked 3 nights for my wife and I in October and went for the Regency. Standard square rooms with nice space and pretty good view too. Yes, they are more dated, but I have stayed before and found them very pleasant.

Unless I had some DSUs to burn off, I'd be happy with the Club King if staying by myself.
I like the size of the Atrium Suite. If you want a slightly better view (of the park) you can get it when visiting the club lounge. I really enjoyed having a high level floor (22+) and seeing the park from above. Being able to see Mt Fuji each morning and the sunsets were great!
Attached Images  
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Hi all,

I am looking at this property for my upcoming trip to Tokyo. Quite unsure and hesitant between a few rooms.
-View Deluxe King
-View deluxe Corner King
-Club King

Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Any room offers view of the Mt Fuji?

Alos the club king is $70 more per night. Is it worthy?

Thank you
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I would go with whatever rate appeals to you.... a view room is nice (upper floors and the view is nice). But in Tokyo I normally don't really spend much time in the room so it might not be worth the additional expense. And you can get a great view from the Metropolitan building view platform that is tight next door....

Club access is nice for the free breakfast and cocktails, expecially if you travel with company. But plenty to eat and drink outside the hotel as well though.

This is an example what you can expect in the evening.

Old Jan 16, 2016, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
I would go with whatever rate appeals to you.... a view room is nice (upper floors and the view is nice). But in Tokyo I normally don't really spend much time in the room so it might not be worth the additional expense. And you can get a great view from the Metropolitan building view platform that is tight next door....

Club access is nice for the free breakfast and cocktails, expecially if you travel with company. But plenty to eat and drink outside the hotel as well though.

This is an example what you can expect in the evening.

I really hate their new policy of making you stand on your head while eating.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by djskynet
Hi all,

I am looking at this property for my upcoming trip to Tokyo. Quite unsure and hesitant between a few rooms.
-View Deluxe King
-View deluxe Corner King
-Club King

Thank you
I would go with whatever you can afford. Upthread has some descriptions of the rooms you're interested in. The views are okay but nothing too stunning.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:40 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by hailstorm
HAH!
Old Jan 17, 2016, 4:24 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

:-). Those iPads are a pain....
Old Jan 17, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Or taking a photo
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:34 pm

it seems the cold cuts are pretty popular here. went into the loo for a few minutes and the previously full plate was cleaned up within that timeframe! :O

Also, doing 7 nights here from today onwards. Happy to meet at the club
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Hi all,

-View Deluxe King
-View deluxe Corner King
-Club King

Thank you
Originally Posted by Aventine
I would go with whatever you can afford. Upthread has some descriptions of the rooms you're interested in. The views are okay but nothing too stunning.
I don't bother booking "view" rooms unless the price is the same. In the case of the HR Tokyo they are slightly larger, but all of the non-suite rooms are small, clean & functional by western standards.

A Club room will give you access to the Regency Club (Free basic breakfast, and free evening canapes & drinks) - Useful if you will actually use the club, and don't have Hyatt status. NB - The club is not the best, I rate it "average" compared to other hotels.

Otherwise just book the cheapest and use the Yen you save to have a good time in the city.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by penegal
I don't bother booking "view" rooms unless the price is the same. In the case of the HR Tokyo they are slightly larger, but all of the non-suite rooms are small, clean & functional by western standards.

A Club room will give you access to the Regency Club (Free basic breakfast, and free evening canapes & drinks) - Useful if you will actually use the club, and don't have Hyatt status. NB - The club is not the best, I rate it "average" compared to other hotels.

Otherwise just book the cheapest and use the Yen you save to have a good time in the city.
Thanks all for the tips. I ended up booking a different hotel in Ginza...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by penegal
all of the non-suite rooms are small, clean & functional by western standards.
The base category rooms are horribly dated and should not be mentioned in the same breath as remaining room categories at the hotel. These rooms belong firmly in the 90s.

View category and upwards, the difference is less stark than the time machine experience of the standard rooms and I agree there isn't much point going for one over the other for the hard product of the room itself.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:21 pm

Hi all,

-View Deluxe King
-View deluxe Corner King
-Club King

Thank you
I posted a photo from the 22nd floor showing the view of Mt Fuji from a view deluxe king. In the morning you can see it pretty well.

The corner king is a little larger and has a somewhat different bathroom layout (the toilet is not in a separate room). The club kings are on a lower floor (7-9) so the views aren't as great. They are somewhat updated and it seems most prefer the room. Depending on how many people you have in the room the $70 is probably going to go further eating outside the hotel. Also, to take full advantage of the club room you'd have to be there for their cocktail hour. I would think that would be a disadvantage if you are touring the city knowing you had to be back at the hotel at a certain hour. The 7-11 connected to the hotel also offers quick and cheap snacks.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Originally Posted by stargold
The base category rooms are horribly dated and should not be mentioned in the same breath as remaining room categories at the hotel. These rooms belong firmly in the 90s.

View category and upwards, the difference is less stark than the time machine experience of the standard rooms and I agree there isn't much point going for one over the other for the hard product of the room itself.
Interesting. I have been in numerous rooms at this hotel and they have seemed fairly homogeneous to me. Unless of course my opinion of the base room (which I always book) is actually a "new" club room.

I would comment on the size being small, but not too fussy about decor anyway. 90s is better than 80s or 70s right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.