Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by mongobot
Surprised to see that the Hyatt Regency Tokyo is going to be moving from category 3 to 4 in March.
I assume they see a lot of bookings for next year or pent up demand for Japan once they open up for tourism
Old Feb 14, 2022, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Surprised to see that the Hyatt Regency Tokyo is going to be moving from category 3 to 4 in March.
I thought this was going to happen pre-covid....
Old Feb 14, 2022, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the heads up. Made an Atrium Suite points booking in advance of this.
mongobot likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Thanks for the heads up. Made an Atrium Suite points booking in advance of this.
Good move. Are all 4 Atrium Suites located on the 7th & 8th floors only?
Is anyone aware which floors the Diplomat Suites and Ambassador Suites are located on?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by arfaczar
Good move. Are all 4 Atrium Suites located on the 7th & 8th floors only?
Is anyone aware which floors the Diplomat Suites and Ambassador Suites are located on?
Not 100% sure, but I believe that all suites are located on floors 6 thru 9.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:47 pm

Not 100% sure, but I believe that all suites are located on floors 6 thru 9.
That's odd. The pool's on the 28th floor and I understand from a comment upthread that elevators serving the lower floors are separate from those serving the higher floors. Does that mean getting from a suite to the pool requires guests to go down to the lobby and switch elevator banks?
Old Feb 14, 2022, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's odd. The pool's on the 28th floor and I understand from a comment upthread that elevators serving the lower floors are separate from those serving the higher floors. Does that mean getting from a suite to the pool requires guests to go down to the lobby and switch elevator banks?
There is no pool anymore.

The spa, fitness room, and banquet rooms remain on the uppermost floor. Half the elevators go to the 28th floor, so you can wait for one of those to arrive, or you can go to the 27th floor and change elevators there, or you can simply take the stairs from the 27th to 28th floor.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’ve got a week with two rooms booked for July. But with the way things are going, I will likely cancel our J tickets 😢. I just don’t think they will be welcoming American tourists by then (or at least not easily). Such a bummer.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’ve got a week with two rooms booked for July. But with the way things are going, I will likely cancel our J tickets 😢. I just don’t think they will be welcoming American tourists by then (or at least not easily). Such a bummer.
Similar here...we have 4 rooms for 6 nights in late June. C'mon Japan, open up. Pretty please.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:14 pm

There is no pool anymore.

The spa, fitness room, and banquet rooms remain on the uppermost floor. Half the elevators go to the 28th floor, so you can wait for one of those to arrive, or you can go to the 27th floor and change elevators there, or you can simply take the stairs from the 27th to 28th floor.
Aah ... that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
I wanted to select a suite on a higher (25+) floor - but I didn't realize all suites were between the 6th & 9th floors. I guess the only other option is booking a regular room and requesting a high floor - Any advice from FTers that are familiar with the property?
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wanted to select a suite on a higher (25+) floor - but I didn't realize all suites were between the 6th & 9th floors. I guess the only other option is booking a regular room and requesting a high floor - Any advice from FTers that are familiar with the property?
They are pretty good with honoring requests for a high floor at even the Explorist level.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I don’t think there is any suites on a higher floor… All suites are close to the Regency Club (Club Rooms are also located in lower floors). The Club Room feels much nicer, but VD room obviously has better views.

Not sure how many people are staying with you but no rollaways in CR. You can add it to VD room. It’s funny that VD is slightly smaller than CR.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:27 am

newbie here going to Japan for first time (hopefully) later this year. What's the current best use of points? 17k for the club suite? Cash + upgrade with points to another room? Going with my SO on our belated honeymoon (2 years overdue) and will be in Tokyo at least 1 week!

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:45 am

Higher floor vs Lower Club floor

Club rooms including suites are located 9F and below and rennovated. On the other hand, higher floor e.g. 25F has great view but not renovated somehow.

I don't remember from whom I heard perhaps hotel staff ; That was intentionally designed. There is a great park Shinjuku Central Park in front of the hotel. The hotel intended to provide the garden view towards the park and thought closer atmosphere, i.e. lower floor should be prestigious location. That's why the club lounge is located at 9F as well as club rooms. However, the view towards West is good (sometimes you can see Mt.Fuji) especially from higher room ; and atrium view suite located on 9F does not make sense for that concept...

Recently Northern half of the Shinjuku Central Park was also renovated, which used to be home of homeless people and now it is good place to take a walk.

As for elevator, out of 6 (except parking one), 3 are between 2-28 and the other 3 go 1-27. That's annoying whichever floor you stay, 50% chance you need to change to go to gym(28F) or Seven-Eleven/Subway station/Bridge to the park(1F)... My rate feels like 75%
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by cozysuite

I don't remember from whom I heard perhaps hotel staff ; That was intentionally designed. There is a great park Shinjuku Central Park in front of the hotel. The hotel intended to provide the garden view towards the park and thought closer atmosphere, i.e. lower floor should be prestigious location. That's why the club lounge is located at 9F as well as club rooms.
I somewhat agree with this. I have had the Regency suites with a view just over tree level to the park. You get a nice well framed view with buildings rising to either side. Plus, you are close enough to various sights that can maintain your interest for more than a few seconds.

As an aside, the Atrium suites probably have the absolute worst view of the entire hotel. Bedroom has no window at all. However, if you are a chasmophile you will love the Atrium Suite.

Last edited by schriste; Feb 16, 2022 at 1:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.