Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2020, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Walking to Shinjuku station from the hotel is a really easy walk, almost impossible to get lost. Go out the front door, hang a right, down the stairs, hang a left, walk a bit until you get to the covered moving walkways, take those to the end and follow the signs from there. Once you do that once, getting back becomes trivial, provided you get out from the proper West exit.
I agree with this. Although, I did have trouble getting from the area of Shinjuku east of the station back to the hotel late at night when the roads are blocked off and the only way to get there is to cut through the station. (and some of the paths in the station are blocked off). I eventually figured out that I had to cut through the station, went in, walked around, got turned around, and ended up leaving from the same place I had entered (not intentionally of course). It probably took me about half an hour to figure it out and get to a western exit.

That's just part of the fun of traveling in a place where you don't speak the language though.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Jan 16, 2020 at 4:25 pm
Old Jan 15, 2020, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Since we're talking about Shinjuku station and the walk and shuttle, new readers/visitors may find this post from my 7/2018 trip helpful: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30018925-post1459.html
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Neric
This is so key, I've stayed at this hotel 3 times, and feel like I know the Shinjuku station very well now, that wasn't true on our first trips. The station can be quite terrifying for a first time visitor.
Yeah, even though I was familiar with the area around the station, including the underground passageway west out if the station towards the HR, I took the N’EX to Shinjuku last year for the first time, and getting to the West exit was an adventure during commute time with my carry-on.

But I knew if I just headed in that general direction, I’d be fine. Part of the fun of navigating through a new area.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
I've been here 4 times now and I still get lost in Shinjuku station.
Finally figured out how to come out from the exit next to the convenience store.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:34 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Just follow the 西口 sign
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:08 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by Hydro88
Just follow the 西口 sign
Thankfully those always say West as well.
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Where you get off the train platform is also important. If you're not using the Saikyo Line, make sure the sign by the stairs indicates that it leads to the West Exit.

If you are using the Saikyo Line...then you have a long, confusing walk ahead of you regardless of what you do.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 2:34 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by Neric
Thankfully those always say West as well.
much less easy to spot, though!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 2:52 pm

Call or mail. Suite availability for this hotel is rarely shown online.
Thanks hailstorm. The challenge is that Hyatt can't see it on their end either (maybe only the property has it internally?), so even my globalist concierge keeps saying she can't apply a suite upgrade. I'll ask her to call the hotel to ask...
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dcphlyer
Thanks hailstorm. The challenge is that Hyatt can't see it on their end either (maybe only the property has it internally?), so even my globalist concierge keeps saying she can't apply a suite upgrade. I'll ask her to call the hotel to ask...
I have found they are very good via email. Perhaps try that? [email protected]
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:04 pm

Staying here for 5 nights in February. Landing on a Monday at 3:30pm and wondering if the Limousine bus would be stuck in traffic for hours? Bringing one checked bag with me (25 in suitcase) - would taking the subway be bad etiquette?

EDIT: Meant to say limousine bus instead of NEX.

Last edited by blackzarg; Jan 27, 2020 at 6:39 am
Old Jan 26, 2020, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not at all.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 10:58 pm

Not at all.
thank you! I should say, I don’t mind paying for the NEX but I’d just rather not sit in traffic for hours getting to Shinjuku.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by blackzarg
thank you! I should say, I don’t mind paying for the NEX but I’d just rather not sit in traffic for hours getting to Shinjuku.
NEX is an express train so there is no traffic.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like he is confusing NEX with Limosuine Bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.