Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by klrsmith
IIRC, there is a 7-11 in the basement level of this hotel... Heck, I might even eat at the Denny's(!) across the street, rather than the lounge at the HRT. :-)
And a FamilyMart in the adjacent building.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 5:17 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I’ve just deleted a bunch of posts that are off topic personal commentary. Please return to the thread topic - a review of the hotel. Thanks.

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
luvFclass likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:36 am

12,000 points, walk to Shinjuku, free breakfast for even Explos with club certs to use and all this debate about the lounge? Even if its only use was a bottle of water it seems like missing the forest for the trees for it to be such a focus of the thread.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lkar
12,000 points, walk to Shinjuku, free breakfast for even Explos with club certs to use and all this debate about the lounge? Even if its only use was a bottle of water it seems like missing the forest for the trees for it to be such a focus of the thread.
Yeah I was looking at prices during Sakura and the points redemption priced out at over 4 cents per.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:02 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just had a 4 night stay. Yes, 12,000 points and I used a club lounge certificate. Also pleasantly surprised to receive 1,000 points back with the Q1 promotion. So net 11,000 points with club access (drink, snacks and breakfast).... Cash price was much higher.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I’m from the USA. The Lounges here suck compared to any Asia lounge so just being able to go there and get drinks is already worth it to me. I was there early March and I found the breakfast spread ok. The evening order appetizer was ok.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:24 am

I'm booking a stay for 7 days. I need a room with two beds in it. A room with two beds is available for the last 6 nights. Hyatt has me booked on one reservation with a king the first night and two beds the second part of the say and they've allowed me to use an Explo loung cert for the whole 7 days. Alternatively, I can book a 17,000 point club room for the first night and then have the standard room booked for the last 6 nights.

What I care about most in order are (1) not having to change rooms and (2) getting two beds. Which would you choose? If I take the king for the first night there's a chance that they will have a room with two beds available at check in. If I book the club room the first night my guess is that they will move me after the first night. I guess my hunch is that if they have a two bed room available the first night I'll get it either way I book so I might as well save the 5,000 points but would be interesting to hear others' views on how this tends to play out. The upside of booking the club room the first night is that even if I have to change rooms at least I get two beds guaranteed for all 7 nights.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is getting a rollaway bed for the first night an option at all?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The base room doesn't allow for an extra bed.

Last edited by hailstorm; Apr 8, 2019 at 9:44 pm
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
I'm booking a stay for 7 days. I need a room with two beds in it. A room with two beds is available for the last 6 nights. Hyatt has me booked on one reservation with a king the first night and two beds the second part of the say and they've allowed me to use an Explo loung cert for the whole 7 days. Alternatively, I can book a 17,000 point club room for the first night and then have the standard room booked for the last 6 nights.

What I care about most in order are (1) not having to change rooms and (2) getting two beds. Which would you choose? If I take the king for the first night there's a chance that they will have a room with two beds available at check in. If I book the club room the first night my guess is that they will move me after the first night. I guess my hunch is that if they have a two bed room available the first night I'll get it either way I book so I might as well save the 5,000 points but would be interesting to hear others' views on how this tends to play out. The upside of booking the club room the first night is that even if I have to change rooms at least I get two beds guaranteed for all 7 nights.
Contact the hotel. They might be able to confirm you into some kind of upgrade for all 7 nights.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Decent chance of getting a room with 2 beds at check-in if you have flexibility to wait for one. During my last stay at this property, we booked two rooms with 1 king each and were able to switch both rooms to 2 beds each at check-in. This was despite having no status at the time and showing up at 6am.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Decent chance of getting a room with 2 beds at check-in if you have flexibility to wait for one. During my last stay at this property, we booked two rooms with 1 king each and were able to switch both rooms to 2 beds each at check-in. This was despite having no status at the time and showing up at 6am.
A 6am check-in is absolute not par for the course here. They are quite difficult with early checkins prior to ~ 11am.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
If your only use for the lounge is a bottle of water you might be better off to choose a non-brand property. Tokyo has so many hotels that are all significantly cheaper (and often better) than international brands.

Last week I stayed at Prince & Sunroute Hotels in Shinjuku for ~$130 a night while prices for HR, Hilton etc were insane. I'm still surprised though that the HR Tokyo isn't upgraded to a Cat 4 during all these years.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

Perhaps booking with a Prive agent would help. Rate would be slightly more but some perks like the confirmed upgrade 24 hours after booking rather than at checkin might give you piece of mind.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
A 6am check-in is absolute not par for the course here. They are quite difficult with early checkins prior to ~ 11am.
Didn't mean to imply that 6am check-in was normal - only that switching to a room with 2 beds seems quite possible at check-in if he is able to wait for one.
skywalkerLAX likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.