Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
As far as I know all of the Club rooms and View Deluxe rooms (but not Corner Deluxe) have been renovated.The renovated baths are quite nice.
Thanks OsakaWino. very interesting - the hotel website does not show pictures of any bathrooms, but i do see that there are essentially 3 decor types for the non-suite rooms. exactly as you say, the corner deluxe rooms are of the same decor as the base room type. the view deluxe rooms have their own decor, and the various club level rooms have a 3rd type of decor. thanks to your help, now i know which have the better bathrooms!
Old Mar 20, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by orvando
Thanks OsakaWino. very interesting - the hotel website does not show pictures of any bathrooms, but i do see that there are essentially 3 decor types for the non-suite rooms. exactly as you say, the corner deluxe rooms are of the same decor as the base room type. the view deluxe rooms have their own decor, and the various club level rooms have a 3rd type of decor. thanks to your help, now i know which have the better bathrooms!
Read the room descriptions and you will notice that it says something like "luxurious bathroom with separate deep soaking tub and shower" for the Club rooms or "deluxe bathroom with separate bath and shower" for the View Deluxe rooms. They used to have more pics, but if you look at the pic for 2 Twin Beds with Club Access you can still get a glimpse of the bathroom.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by orvando
have a points stay coming up. first time at HR Tokyo. used an Explorist lounge access cert. curious what kind of upgrade, if any, i can expect as an Explorist. i've read here that the club level rooms are significantly nicer than others. any hope of getting on the club level? if not, any other type/location of room that i should request to avoid the ol' vinyl shower curtain? thanks very much!
I’m Explorist and as far as I could tell, we did not get an upgrade. This was last July. We had two rooms and used a club access award for each. Somewhere up thread (prob July) I think i posted photos of our room.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I booked a standard award room and got a deluxe upgrade two weeks ago. At least I think it was a deluxe room. It had separate glass door shower and a soaking bathtub. Looks renovated.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Rugby World Cup
Ohhhhh that explains it
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
If case anyone fancies some nice INTESTINES please feel free to be my guest at the worlds worst Regency Club tonight.

Not sure if these guys are on crack!?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
If case anyone fancies some nice INTESTINES please feel free to be my guest at the worlds worst Regency Club tonight.

what?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP

I appreciate eating local type foods, and I'm about as picky an eater as one can find. The last thing I want to find in my Tokyo meal is a burger or bar food (other than yaki-tori).

While this club wouldn't rate so high in a list of HR of Asia clubs, IMO calling it the worst is hyperbole.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

They served horumon?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I appreciate eating local type foods, and I'm about as picky an eater as one can find. The last thing I want to find in my Tokyo meal is a burger or bar food (other than yaki-tori).

While this club wouldn't rate so high in a list of HR of Asia clubs, IMO calling it the worst is hyperbole.
Agree, too bad that some people can only enjoy lame lounge food!

The lounge at the HR Tokyo is definitely not the worst in Asia, IMO
luvFclass likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

AFAICR, they always offer two choices of hot appetizer, so I don't think anyone would have been forced to take that.

But yes, the Osaka Regency evening offerings are much better.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Providing it's clearly identified and that there's an alternative, what's the problem? Did the food stink up the lounge?
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
AFAICR, they always offer two choices of hot appetizer, so I don't think anyone would have been forced to take that.

But yes, the Osaka Regency evening offerings are much better.
The other choice was something with cod. If one doesn't eat fish then both options are out. It's an international hotel that runs every single outlet on a shoestring.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Providing it's clearly identified and that there's an alternative, what's the problem? Did the food stink up the lounge?
It wasn't clearly identified. Every single guest asked what that second dish was and cringed when the server explained what it was.

The problem is: It's disgusting!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 7:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Was the more objectionable *fish* intestines?

If it's disgusting, don't look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.