Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Staying on 19 floor with nice view (not sure if this was standard booked on points or “upgrade” when I asked about upgrade (Exloporist). I’m pretty bummed we did not get renovated room.

Will try to get pics of club lounge later today.
If possible, can you post some photos of your room (and bathroom) as well? Thanks!

I will be staying here soon, but I haven't stayed here since 2013, and was told by the hotel that all rooms have been "fully" or "softly" renovated. I presume the Standard and View Rooms are "softly" renovated and all other rooms are "fully" renovated.

I found these photos from Hyatt, does your room (or design language) look more like this...

or this..?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

Nice view from our room.

My bad y’all. I was confusing renovated with deluxe. I did not inquire re changing rooms bc my crew would kill me after the long (but fun) day we’ve had. Anyway, seems like we have a nice setup and my issue with the bed is mine alone. Here are some pics.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Hotel’s website states this (below) re pool and gym access. What is the new WoH equivalent for Gold Passport?

Fees:
Visitors: JPY4,000(4,320)
Staying guests: JPY2,000 (2,160)
*Including fee for Fitness Center.
*All staying Gold Passport members have complimentary access to the swimming pool and fitness centre.
*Pool access is limited to guests over 5 years of age.
Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
It's free for all staying WoH member and their guests.

Japan is a country where, until fairly recently, most people slept on the floor. I would guess that that's where the preference for hard mattresses comes from.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:54 am

My bad y’all. I was confusing renovated with deluxe. I did not inquire re changing rooms bc my crew would kill me after the long (but fun) day we’ve had. Anyway, seems like we have a nice setup and my issue with the bed is mine alone. Here are some pics.
Thanks a lot for your photos, looks like you have a nice view of the Park Hyatt too! Seems like you received a "softly" renovated room which looks decent enough (except that bathroom which looks like something from the 90's), especially for the P&C rates I'm booking with. Anyway, enjoy your stay in Tokyo with your family!
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I didn't know those bathrooms still existed there. Guess I should be grateful for the renovated bathroom rooms I've had.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:11 pm

I’d love some ramen and sushi recommendations for nearby. It’s hard to know what to pick with so many options. Prob need more moderate price point bc feeding hungry teen boys.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
I didn't know those bathrooms still existed there.
Be grateful for what they have done. I stayed at the Crest Hotel in Kashiwa a few weeks back, and the entire room looked like something straight out of the 1980's.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
We had a reservation for the week of March 15, so I called the hotel to find out about their arrangements. Regency club is closed but diamonds get a buffet breakfast in the restaurant as well as 1 alcoholic drink in their main bar 6-8pm
Sometimes I feel like restaurant is more exclusive than the lounge as you will be sitting among majority paying customers.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 6:16 pm

Hotel’s website states this (below) re pool and gym access. What is the new WoH equivalent for Gold Passport?

Fees:
Visitors: JPY4,000(4,320)
Staying guests: JPY2,000 (2,160)
*Including fee for Fitness Center.
*All staying Gold Passport members have complimentary access to the swimming pool and fitness centre.
*Pool access is limited to guests over 5 years of age.
Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
As a follow up, pool was indeed complimentary. For others: leave shoes at bottom of stairs, walk through ankle deep water, remove coverup if wearing, walk through 2-3’ feet of water, shower, wear provided swim cap. Hot tub wasn’t quite hot enough for me. But pool was a nice refreshing cool. It’s definitely a spa environment and for swimming laps or a dip. My 9 year old swam a bit but it was not the place for “play” (for those of you with kids who will be staying here).
Old Jul 5, 2018, 8:32 pm

I’d love some ramen and sushi recommendations for nearby. It’s hard to know what to pick with so many options. Prob need more moderate price point bc feeding hungry teen boys.
There are so many ramen shops in the area, including some good ones within department stores adjacent to Shinjuku station.

Ippudo in Shinjuku, a Fukuoka based popular tonkotsu ramen shop, never will disappoint. Menya Musashi is good too. Your hotel can give you a map to these and others.

Re sushi, it really depends what you are looking for, but in the Kabukicho area (not the really seedy part of it) there are some large, good value sushi restaurants where a family with teenage boys could eat a good casual sushi meal without spending a fortune. I believe there is a Tsukiji Sushiko location in the vicinity of Shinjuku San-Chome, on Omekai-dori. On the side of the Marui Men’s department store, i.e. the opposite side from Isetan.

For higher end sushi, the best in the immediate vicinity is Kyubei at the Keio Plaza. ¥20,000~ per person.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Jul 5, 2018 at 8:50 pm
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

There are so many ramen shops in the area, including some good ones within department stores adjacent to Shinjuku station.

Ippudo in Shinjuku, a Fukuoka based popular tonkotsu ramen shop, never will disappoint. Menya Musashi is good too. Your hotel can give you a map to these and others.

Re sushi, it really depends what you are looking for, but in the Kabukicho area (not the really seedy part of it) there are some large, good value sushi restaurants where a family with teenage boys could eat a good casual sushi meal without spending a fortune. I believe there is a Tsukiji Sushiko location in the vicinity of Shinjuku San-Chome, on Omekai-dori. On the side of the Marui Men’s department store, i.e. the opposite side from Isetan.

For higher end sushi, the best in the immediate vicinity is Kyubei at the Keio Plaza. ¥20,000~ per person.
Thanks, Mike! We will try Tsukiji Sushiko and Ippudo before we leave.

We’ve highly appreciated the shuttle from Hyatt and the overall location. But they really need to change up the lounge offerings day to day. There is maybe one slight change each morning (like cream sauce vs tomato on the pasta or hard boiled vs scrambled egg or strawberry vs blueberry yogurt). Cocktail hour is literally same cheese and same pretzels etc. The served apps change but we didnt care for several so stopped ordering them. If they could have a rotation of breakfast items and self serve cocktails snacks that would make a difference.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've yet to see any club lounge that really "mixes things up" for breakfast. Do you have any examples?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:44 pm

Thanks, Mike! We will try Tsukiji Sushiko and Ippudo before we leave.

We’ve highly appreciated the shuttle from Hyatt and the overall location. But they really need to change up the lounge offerings day to day. There is maybe one slight change each morning (like cream sauce vs tomato on the pasta or hard boiled vs scrambled egg or strawberry vs blueberry yogurt). Cocktail hour is literally same cheese and same pretzels etc. The served apps change but we didnt care for several so stopped ordering them. If they could have a rotation of breakfast items and self serve cocktails snacks that would make a difference.
Also Menya Musashi is worth trying! (I would love a good ramen right now! It makes me miss Japan.)

To get a really good breakfast, go to the all day dining restaurant on the lobby floor, or the casual Japanese restaurant on 2F. It’s not complimentary, but that’s where to go for a great American Breakfast or Japanese breakfast, respectively.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 7:42 am

I bring you club lounge pics. I always feel so self conscious around the Japanese staff. Sigh. So not great pics but pics nonetheless.
SPBanker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.