FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2017, 9:54 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by farnorthtrader
I think people are talking past each other here. I think a lot of people are saying it's perfectly adequate, which it is, however, I think that most of the people saying this are likely getting it for free because of status or free upgrades. The original question was whether it was worth burning some resources for it, in this case a lounge pass. For those that are saying that the lounge is adequate, if you had to pay, in a limited pass or points or money, is it sufficiently adequate that you would pay for it. I thought, along with the other benefits of booking a suite on points, that it was, but if all I got for my extra points was lounge access, I probably would not have done it.
For a single traveller it might be a toss-up, but for a couple it is worth the extra points or if staying 5-7 nights it is worth using an Explo lounge access award (although that would not guarantee a better room). At the member discount rate the difference appears to be 9,000 yen; I would hesitate to pay that when staying alone, but I would think it worth it for 2 persons, since again it would gurantee the better room. Whether or not you would want to have some wine or other alcohol in the lounge in the evening also make a big difference in the value.

The breakfast it decent. There is decent juice, some fresh fruit, good bakeries, yogurt, plus some hot dishes that may or may may not be to everyone's liking, and salad things, and also a variety of coffee and tea.