Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:28 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Any recent stays here?

Visiting Seattle in July, and the Prive Pay 2 Stay 3 makes the rates here a steal. However, with no restaurant on site, what can the Prive credit be applied to?
I can't believe this hotel doesn't have a proper bar onsite. Will probably stick with the Thompson.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 11:45 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by kevinjm
Any recent stays here?

Visiting Seattle in July, and the Prive Pay 2 Stay 3 makes the rates here a steal. However, with no restaurant on site, what can the Prive credit be applied to?
I can't believe this hotel doesn't have a proper bar onsite. Will probably stick with the Thompson.
I’m a fan of Grand Hyatt Seattle but food and beverage have been slipping for years even before the pandemic
Room service used to be quite good
The management has always been responsive the hard product better than most 4 star properties being built today somewhat of an international standard
It was never intended to be built as a Hyatt but a large elegant oversized boutique hotel
Though the Grand club has had uneven offerings IMO usually lackluster I love their great variety of beverages they offer though
Ruth Chris does a real good job in the lobby too for the basics mostly @ dinner
I’d call the hotel and see if the credit could be used there
If so I might just join you on that Prive rate!
.I’ve had one bad experience with the only Thompson hotel I contacted in Dallas and canceled my bookings
They seemed to care but in the end they were highly insincere
the Thompson Chicago also has a terrible reputation for treating globalists poorly
I likely will avoid the brand despite the properties looking appealing until they take on the Hyatt culture if ever
Service culture is very important to me and having a good satisfying stay where they care

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jun 7, 2021 at 12:17 pm
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Call them and ask. It is probably just room service, and the room service they were doing last October was -not- great. (unless, you like to choose one of two options for a warmed up sandwhich?).

Hard product on this hotel was very good though.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 12:49 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I was told (in pre-COVID days) the Ruth's Chris in the lobby is not operated by the hotel and WoH points aren't earned on any spend there. If that's the case, I'd be surprised if the Prive credit could be used there. Let us know what the hotel says ...
Old Jun 7, 2021, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by skj
I was told (in pre-COVID days) the Ruth's Chris in the lobby is not operated by the hotel and WoH points aren't earned on any spend there. If that's the case, I'd be surprised if the Prive credit could be used there. Let us know what the hotel says ...
Probably correct and yes room service has taken a serious fall
Old Jun 7, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
I had a stay there last week. As a Globalist, I was upgraded to a corner suite. Ruth Chris is open. Hotel F&B options are limited to room service. Room service menu is below and remains limited but desk clerk thought that that might be changing in a few weeks. When I ordered breakfast they said it would be up to 30 minutes, I received the breakfast in about 15. The eggs Benedict, sides, and coffee I ordered were all hot and excellent. All breakfast charges were removed without the need for any intervention at checkout.

Overall, a very nice stay and I had no complaints. Weather was excellent so I did not spend much time in the hotel.

Kacee and kevinjm like this.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
.I’ve had one bad experience with the only Thompson hotel I contacted in Dallas and canceled my bookings
They seemed to care but in the end they were highly insincere
the Thompson Chicago also has a terrible reputation for treating globalists poorly
I likely will avoid the brand despite the properties looking appealing until they take on the Hyatt culture if ever
Service culture is very important to me and having a good satisfying stay where they care
I know this isn't super prevalent to the GH Seattle, but I did want to add that I had an amazing, service-oriented stay at the Thompson San Antonio a couple of months ago where I was upgraded to their second-highest suite tier, had an amazing Globalist breakfast, and had many personable service interactions with the front desk, valets, restaurant staff, and housekeeping (loved the nightly turndown service). Of course, the property has always been in WOH since its opening early this year, so there might be a difference there.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 4:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by skj
Heard back from the hotel.

Confirmed that Prive credit is not good for the Ruth's Chris that's attached. Only mentioned it's good for in-room dining.
With the food scene at Seattle and included breakfast, I can't imagine wasting precious calories on in-room dining. Anybody know a good way to spend the credit at this property?
Old Jun 8, 2021, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by kevinjm
Heard back from the hotel.

Confirmed that Prive credit is not good for the Ruth's Chris that's attached. Only mentioned it's good for in-room dining.
With the food scene at Seattle and included breakfast, I can't imagine wasting precious calories on in-room dining. Anybody know a good way to spend the credit at this property?
Good to know it sounds like its room service or bust and being globalists get breakfast already
I know I wouldn’t want to eat their room service to burn up my credits as it wasn’t good before the pandemic.
Perhaps it’s better now?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 7:56 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Here is my stay report from my recent one-night stay at the GH Seattle - an overall great experience.

I was able to check in to my upgraded Corner King room around 9 AM (no suites available online, and none were offered when I asked at check-in). I was on the 20th of 30 floors with a view facing the Sheraton Grand and a small view of the Sound in the corner window. These Corner King rooms really are more like junior suites in my opinion as they have a living room separated from the bedroom by the bathroom-adjacent hallway. There are even 2 separate AC thermostats due to the room's size. Overall, I was really impressed by the luxurious feel of the room with the doorbell, electronic privacy button, electronic window shades, and marble bathroom with separate soaking tub and glass shower. The decor might qualify as a bit dated, but something about the woodsy look really did it for me. It honestly felt like I was in a nice spa. The bed was very comfortable, and the water pressure was great. They had also upgraded the TVs in the rooms as they were much bigger than the ones shown on the online photos.

Breakfast is still served through In-Room Dining with a $25 limit for Globalists. I actually quite enjoyed my waffles and side of bacon, and it was delivered incredibly promptly (like less than 10 minutes). The Grand Club on the 27th floor is open for waters, coffee, and granola bars. I was very impressed with the hot chocolate (much more than the HR's hot chocolate across the street).

Service was similarly great as everyone I spoke with was very pleasant and efficient.

For my first Grand Hyatt, I was really impressed with the luxurious feel of the experience. From the design (I especially loved the look of the elevator lobbies on the guest floors) to the in-room amenities, the Grand Hyatt Seattle really exceeded my expectations.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Now that WA has lifted most COVID-19 restrictions can we expect breakfast to be served in Ruth's Chris' anytime soon? How about the Lounge? Any updates?
https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...3-9272bc32b975
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Originally Posted by philemer
Now that WA has lifted most COVID-19 restrictions can we expect breakfast to be served in Ruth's Chris' anytime soon? How about the Lounge? Any updates?
https://www.king5.com/article/news/l...3-9272bc32b975
Are we talking for globalist/prive sort of benefits?
When I stayed, I was given the impression by the front desk that the GH and the Ruth Chris do -not- have any real relationship with each other.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 8:41 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MarkOK
Are we talking for globalist/prive sort of benefits?
When I stayed, I was given the impression by the front desk that the GH and the Ruth Chris do -not- have any real relationship with each other.
Pre-COVID, breakfast was served in the same space, using the same kitchen, that is Ruth's Chris in the evenings. The Ruth's Chris that is open in the late afternoon and evening is not associated with the GH and it is one of the properties where dining spend does not earn WoH points.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by skj
Pre-COVID, breakfast was served in the same space, using the same kitchen, that is Ruth's Chris in the evenings. The Ruth's Chris that is open in the late afternoon and evening is not associated with the GH and it is one of the properties where dining spend does not earn WoH points.
Understand. My question is will breakfast be served in Ruth's Chris again soon? Anyone heard anything?

I realize my question may be premature. I've got a call into the GH and will report back when I hear anything. We're planning a late summer visit and trying to decide on the GH or Olive 8.

Last edited by philemer; Jul 7, 2021 at 9:31 am
Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Valid question but likely very premature. I believe HR/GH/Olive 8 share the same top level management, and based on my 10+ experiences at HR Seattle the last few months, I'd be shocked if the 3 properties were in any rush to get back to pre-pandemic full service breakfast offerings. I think they'll try to keep limited/lesser service breakfast as long as they can to keep costs down.

Once their robust pre-pandemic corporate traffic resumes, it'll be hard for them to not return to full service offerings. But that's likely to still be a few months away. Just my personal speculation. While these are lovely properties overall, they're not above milking this limited service "for covid" nonsense as long as they can for cost purposes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.