Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I generally don't request a specific room. It was in the 2940s on club level (maybe 2944 or 2945). The agent told me it would have a Space Needle view when I checked in. If you wanted to ask for something try to get something that faces Puget Sound. Much better views in that direction. Check some of the other views from prior stays HERE.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:53 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Thanks tom911, great photos. I will try for a Puget Sound view.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Any suggestions on a better parking option? $30+ seems a little steep (to a suburban person not used to paying for parking).
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
Any suggestions on a better parking option? $30+ seems a little steep (to a suburban person not used to paying for parking).
I almost never need to have a car, since public transport is so good. The last time I needed one, I used the phone app http://seattle.bestparking.com/ (Android, iOS, Blackberry) It wasn't less than $30/day, though
Old Jul 6, 2014, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I almost never need to have a car, since public transport is so good. The last time I needed one, I used the phone app http://seattle.bestparking.com/ (Android, iOS, Blackberry) It wasn't less than $30/day, though
Yeah, whenever I visited Seattle (before moving here), I never rented a car.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:21 pm
She

Their website says that Double Rooms are limited and not guaranteed. So what happens if I book a room for 3 adults then at check in discover the room is not available? It doesn't look like their regular King room has enough space for a rollaway
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:42 pm

So is the 'club' level worth the extra 6k points a night? It seems as if this hotel actually offers very few "standard" rooms on points, and at least from the many dates I've searched they tend to be doubles (despite the warning that the hotel has a limited number of double rooms). This is far better than the Hyatt Olive 8, which seems to offer even fewer rooms for points.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm a regular here, and the staff are great IMHO.

FYI, the Space Needle views are no more due to a new large building getting constructed in between them both, which is a shame.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Fantastic stay here the other night. I can't recommend the GH Seattle highly enough. Great hotel, great service, fantastic health club/spa facilities, solid lounge with a nice selection of snacks and a lovely breakfast spread, a shower in the room I already miss, etc. etc. Far superior to the O8 in my opinion.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 4:17 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Is the couch in the suite a pullout?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 7:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold...
Originally Posted by exmike
Is the couch in the suite a pullout?
I stayed this last weekend on the top floor in a Corner Suite and the couch was a pullout.
Old May 19, 2015, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Tried to use my Hyatt CC Anniversary night here. Base-level room with two doubles was available online. Called in and after the Hyatt rep made a few calls, was told that I couldn't use the anniversary night because a double room "is considered an upgraded room", per central reservations. That seems crazy, no?
Old May 19, 2015, 2:43 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
Tried to use my Hyatt CC Anniversary night here. Base-level room with two doubles was available online. Called in and after the Hyatt rep made a few calls, was told that I couldn't use the anniversary night because a double room "is considered an upgraded room", per central reservations. That seems crazy, no?
The room types on the "Standard" room page are listed as "King Room" and "Double Room," so you could make a reasonable argument that either of those should be available for award bookings.

However, this hotel is known to have a very small number of double rooms (something like 10%). Unlike most hotels that will charge the same rate for either bed configuration of their base room type, the GH Seattle normally charges a $15 premium to book a Double bed room. So it's not entirely surprising that the Double room is considered an 'upgraded' room type.

Personally, I would book the King room if it's available and then contact the hotel directly to request a Double room if at all possible. They're likely to try to find some way to accommodate you.
Old May 19, 2015, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by baliktad
The room types on the "Standard" room page are listed as "King Room" and "Double Room," so you could make a reasonable argument that either of those should be available for award bookings.

However, this hotel is known to have a very small number of double rooms (something like 10%). Unlike most hotels that will charge the same rate for either bed configuration of their base room type, the GH Seattle normally charges a $15 premium to book a Double bed room. So it's not entirely surprising that the Double room is considered an 'upgraded' room type.

Personally, I would book the King room if it's available and then contact the hotel directly to request a Double room if at all possible. They're likely to try to find some way to accommodate you.
Unfortunately, there aren't any king rooms available; just the Double Room and then upgraded room types (business plan, suites, etc). I contacted the Plat Desk, which contacted Central Reservations, who told them to contact the hotel directly. The hotel sent them back to Central Reservations, who then told the Plat Desk that they wouldn't approve using the credit card award night for the room because it was an upgraded room.
Old May 19, 2015, 4:29 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
Unfortunately, there aren't any king rooms available; just the Double Room and then upgraded room types (business plan, suites, etc). I contacted the Plat Desk, which contacted Central Reservations, who told them to contact the hotel directly. The hotel sent them back to Central Reservations, who then told the Plat Desk that they wouldn't approve using the credit card award night for the room because it was an upgraded room.
Is the Double Room you see listed available for reservation with points?

You may wish to contact reservations again with the following links:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit...yatt-card.aspx

Award Night is good for one (1) night in any available standard room within 12 months from issuance at any Hyatt hotel or resorts designated as Category 1 through 4 under the Hyatt Gold Passport program.
http://grandseattle.hyatt.com/en/hot.../standard.html

Standard rooms listed on this page include King Room and Double Room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.