Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by ldsant
Or book the Olive 8 and ask for room 1747 or the Governor's Suite. Very large open plan with separate living/desk area, bedroom, and huge bathroom. Windows everywhere in the living/sleeping area. Definitely NOT closed in.
Thanks missydarlin and ldsant. Feeling a little more confused now. If anyone has additional insight ...I would really appreciate it.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 2:07 pm

Any tips

Got a guaranteed suite upgrade (Emerald suite) for a pre-cruise stay... 3 nights prior. Traveling w/teenage daughter who will be in rollaway.
Were originally only going to stay one night since the hotel was sold out but then (luckily) today I noticed a price drop and then also additional days.
BTW, is there any way of getting a decent discount here? Right now I found the Costco rate to be better than AAA -- DH usually travels on corp rate but doing it on-line none pop up for pricing.
Carolyn
Old Aug 24, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Bed type not guaranteed?

I went to book this hotel for a post-cruise stay next summer and it states on their website: "Grand Hyatt Seattle cannot guarantee double/double requests. The hotel has limited double/double guest rooms." This is quite worrisome. With Marriott and Hilton, I am guaranteed the bed type booked. So, am I taking my chances at this hotel?

I absolutely have to have a room with two beds and I have no status with Hyatt. Should I book elsewhere?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I went to book this hotel for a post-cruise stay next summer and it states on their website: "Grand Hyatt Seattle cannot guarantee double/double requests. The hotel has limited double/double guest rooms." This is quite worrisome. With Marriott and Hilton, I am guaranteed the bed type booked. So, am I taking my chances at this hotel?

I absolutely have to have a room with two beds and I have no status with Hyatt. Should I book elsewhere?
I know the feeling - it's when even Diamond bed guarantee consolation points aren't worth shizzle. I'd suggest that you call now and ask if they can override the caveat - given that it's this far out and that you're planning it in conjunction with a cruise - which could add weight to your request. If they can't - try the Olive 8 and if they can promise it - stay there (the only time I'd put the nice Olive 8 ahead of the Grand - though others disagree). If not, and staying on the hill is still important, maybe you can request a cot? Just some thoughts.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 9:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why waste your time on this..... Plenty of other hotels.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:07 am

Just book a room over at the Hyatt Olive 8. It's basically right across the street from the Grand, and a nice place to stay as well.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
I know the feeling - it's when even Diamond bed guarantee consolation points aren't worth shizzle. I'd suggest that you call now and ask if they can override the caveat - given that it's this far out and that you're planning it in conjunction with a cruise - which could add weight to your request. If they can't - try the Olive 8 and if they can promise it - stay there (the only time I'd put the nice Olive 8 ahead of the Grand - though others disagree). If not, and staying on the hill is still important, maybe you can request a cot? Just some thoughts.
Thanks for the advice. I will give the Grand Hyatt a call and check out the other hotel.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1
Why waste your time on this..... Plenty of other hotels.
Normally, I would agree but the reviews for the Grand Hyatt are so much better than Hilton or Marriott (my normal chains) in Seattle.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:31 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's a nice hotel, no doubt... But not that special.
Why run the chance of not having your preferred room type.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
We just completed a wonderful stay at the Grand Hyatt. As a Diamond I was upgraded to a beautiful suite overlooking Puget Sound. The Executive Suite consisted of a living room with a 1/2 bath. The bedroom was separated from the living room by a door.

The Club was very nice and had great offerings for both the morning and evening presentations. For breakfast they had delicious hot frittatas in individual large ramekins, excellent pastries, bagels, and a good selection of cold cuts and cheeses for those who eat that for breakfast.

This is a beautiful hotel with excellent service.
Old Sep 22, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
Had a great 3 night stay at the Grand Hyatt last week. Used my 2 credit card nights and my credit card anniversary night and got a corner suite on 28th floor facing the water. Enjoyed the views from the room and the hotel location. Regency Club was fine for getting work done and happy hour. Sushi on Thursday night was good. Breakfast was pretty ordinary -not a fan of the mini egg fritatas. Happy Hour in Ruths Chris was enjoyable. Third stay here and it seems they do a good job with Diamond recognition and upgrades. Wish more hotel rooms had the button operated vertical window shades they do here.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Booking last minute trip for 18-20 october for a shopping trip for my +1s bday and olive 8 is sold out(I mostly stay there and get governors/presidential upgrades!! )... Looks like GH for me.

Any idea if the club is the only option for breakfast here as a Diamond? was quite a small club and the offerings to me was very mediocre when I was here last November.

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2013, 9:34 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just arrived for a two night stay. They were kind enough to upgrade me to a suite, which they said was the presidential suite. However, it is not on the top of the hotel so I wonder if there is more than one suite with that name. There is a view of the Needle but not the water.

The room is quite spacious with a bedroom, dining room, sitting room, kitchenette, guest bathroom, regular bathroom, and walk-in closet. Room condition is good.

Service was prompt and required since no bathroom amenities except for one bar of soap and a tube of conditioner had been provided.

Thermostats are the Inncare kind with the motion sensor. From the sitting room, I can hear the ding every time an elevator stops at this floor or anytime anyone gets ice from the machine. Fortunately, that doesn't appear to be a problem in the bedroom.

The grand club has a moderate selection of snacks from 5-8pm, with more desserts than anything else. It was not too busy when I was there. Haven't been to breakfast, at least not yet.

Location rocks. If you want to take the tram from SEA, the hotel is just a few short blocks from Westlake station. There is a shopping mall just a block away and, as others have noted, a whole bunch of restaurants nearby including, unsurprisingly, multiple Starbucks.

This is a nice hotel, one I would stay at again. It's not the kind of place that would blow your socks off but it's better, in my view, than some other domestic GHs that feel like they are of roughly the same vintage.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
+1 on the above. I think the agent meant 'executive' not 'presidential' suite. The lounge is sort of OK, I would return again for the current rate I have. The folks staying at the Olive8 this weekend are a bit more excited though...@:-)
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:53 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by oliver2002
+1 on the above. I think the agent meant 'executive' not 'presidential' suite. The lounge is sort of OK, I would return again for the current rate I have. The folks staying at the Olive8 this weekend are a bit more excited though...@:-)
I'm in an Executive suite on club floor so I presume that Richard is in a higher level suite. Last trip to SEA I was at Olive 8, in a Luxury Suite.

My opinions. Like the GH rom better, it's less "cold". But like the restaurant breakfast at Olive 8 better. Room finish seems of higher quality at GH - last trip at the Olive 8, the shower temperature control was broken and water temp was uncomfortably hot - others reported the same issue.

My "perfect" property would be the GH room with the Olive 8 breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.