Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:00 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by atravelguy
Earlier this year I read a review with pictures that had a 20% off spa services at Olive 8 on the desk in the room. Could anyone who has stayed here recently confirm if this is still the case or not?
It is 10% off at Urbane (the restaurant) and at Elaia spa. Definitely make reservations for any treatment at the spa - they can get busy. You also get access to the sauna, steam, pool. Used it two days ago.

BTW - you can also use Passport points for some of the treatments as well.

Last edited by ldsant; Nov 25, 2013 at 11:00 pm Reason: added information
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by ldsant
...You also get access to the sauna, steam, pool...
I forget - do guests at the Grand have pool privileges at the 8? Or is there a fee? Thank you.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 6:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My room in October 2013

View from Room 2121

The review is here - http://boardingarea.com/milesfrombli...hyatt-seattle/

Last edited by Markie; Nov 27, 2013 at 12:46 am
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:20 pm

just finished a stay here (i actually live 8 blocks away) - fantastic in every way. was upgraded to an executive suite, service was great in all parts of the hotel, and everything was smooth and accurate.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
Hey guys, I'll be getting in to this hotel late on a Saturday night . Probably around 9:30-10pm. Do you know if I would have access to the Club for some light food and drinks? I will be a Diamond. I don't really want to go out into the street at that time.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:13 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by doss1
Hey guys, I'll be getting in to this hotel late on a Saturday night . Probably around 9:30-10pm. Do you know if I would have access to the Club for some light food and drinks? I will be a Diamond. I don't really want to go out into the street at that time.
There definitely won't be any food at that hour - don't know about access for a soda etc.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Right across the street is the dragonfish and they will have happy hour at that time....great food. http://dragonfishcafe.com/
Old Jan 25, 2014, 5:55 pm

Nearby streets, particularly if you head toward mall, should be safe and fairly lively. Otherwise, apples in the lobby!

Amendment: I know there is keycard access to the lounge off-hours during the day when you can get cookies and sodas. I'm not a night owl who would know first-hand, but perhaps...
Old Jan 25, 2014, 9:27 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
There is also a Ruth Chris' in the lobby and will have a happy hour available until 11 PM, there is Urbane at the Olive 8 (basically across the street) where you can get food until 11 PM and there is Cheesecake Factory across up the street where you can get food until 11 PM. The lounge runs out of food rather quickly in my experience.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold ,DL Gold,AA,HHonors Diamond, Priority Club Gold,Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Gold
Not sure what the aversion to going out, that area is safe for a big city. Generally in your shoes I just go to the Ruth Chris which is attached to the lobby and has a happy hour starting at 9pm. Otherwise as others suggested, there's the Dragonfish across the street and urbane just down the a bit.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile

Illustrating how the value of points can rise and fall - independent of the actual requirement - I had the privilege of staying here during the Seahawks' victory parade - and witnessing the well-deserved mania up close and personal on a points stay reserved long before the future could be predicted. I love the Grand anyway, but this stay was memorable indeed. ^
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Had an award stay last night on the 29th floor with a Space Needle view. Lounge breakfast was moved to the 7th floor due to remodeling.

Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

But what did you think about your stay? This is the review thread :-).
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by RTW1
But what did you think about your stay? This is the review thread :-).
I always have a nice stay here. Last night was no different. Slept well, had a huge bathroom, and enjoyed my 7th floor breakfast (granola, yogurt, toast, juice).
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:39 pm

Programs: Accor Platinum, Marriott
Originally Posted by tom911
I always have a nice stay here. Last night was no different. Slept well, had a huge bathroom, and enjoyed my 7th floor breakfast (granola, yogurt, toast, juice).
Hey tom911,

That is a great view. Which room did you request?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.