Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2021, 1:58 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by TravelingChef
Valid question but likely very premature. I believe HR/GH/Olive 8 share the same top level management, and based on my 10+ experiences at HR Seattle the last few months, I'd be shocked if the 3 properties were in any rush to get back to pre-pandemic full service breakfast offerings. I think they'll try to keep limited/lesser service breakfast as long as they can to keep costs down.

Once their robust pre-pandemic corporate traffic resumes, it'll be hard for them to not return to full service offerings. But that's likely to still be a few months away. Just my personal speculation. While these are lovely properties overall, they're not above milking this limited service "for covid" nonsense as long as they can for cost purposes.
I'm not saying that this makes it any better, but I believe that the reasoning has changed from COVID to staffing issues at most properties. As demand picks back up, some properties are going to be more willing to quickly pay the wages needed to re-hire staff and others won't be.

Also, at least personally, I would much rather have a made-to-order room service or market-style breakfast, as I had at both the GH and HR Seattle, than a club-style breakfast where food just gets soggy from steam, but I might be missing out on other positives of a club-style breakfast as I traveled much less pre-pandemic than I do currently.
philemer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist; Aeroplan 35k; Alaska MVP Gold; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I'm not saying that this makes it any better, but I believe that the reasoning has changed from COVID to staffing issues at most properties. As demand picks back up, some properties are going to be more willing to quickly pay the wages needed to re-hire staff and others won't be.

Also, at least personally, I would much rather have a made-to-order room service or market-style breakfast, as I had at both the GH and HR Seattle, than a club-style breakfast where food just gets soggy from steam, but I might be missing out on other positives of a club-style breakfast as I traveled much less pre-pandemic than I do currently.
Can't disagree with any of that. On a stay at HR Seattle in May I overheard one of the workers at the breakfast market talking to a coworker about how much they had to increase the housekeepers' wages to get them fully back.

And, yep, aside from high-end Asian properties (and some European), it's rare that the Club breakfast is equal to or better than a made to order or market style breakfast.

Even though the HR Seattle market breakfast has a somewhat limited menu at the moment, one of my April stays was 5 days and it wasn't until the 5th morning that I finally felt I needed something different. Overall quality was hot and fresh and tasty.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:10 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Here is my stay report from my recent one-night stay at the GH Seattle - an overall great experience.
For my first Grand Hyatt, I was really impressed with the luxurious feel of the experience. From the design (I especially loved the look of the elevator lobbies on the guest floors) to the in-room amenities, the Grand Hyatt Seattle really exceeded my expectations.
Thankfully Hyatt didn't do the original build which is why it feels more luxurious on average even for an older hotel.Or it might look like a Centric
It was a luxury boutique hotel when it opened called The Elliott (prob mentioned in this thread before) more inline with international standards
More like Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead a former Niko Hotel also luxurious
To Hyatt's credit they have managed it really well.It would be nice if they partnered closer with Ruth Chris to offer breakfast to globalists
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
How's the breakfast option and the club lounge? Going for a conference there in a few months. Anyone have comparisons to the other downtown Seattle Hyatts? Thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2022, 2:30 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by Cometstar
How's the breakfast option and the club lounge? Going for a conference there in a few months. Anyone have comparisons to the other downtown Seattle Hyatts? Thanks!
Hyatt Olive 8 gives you a credit to use in the cafe where you can get bagels or other quick service items. It was pretty good iirc except the line was always ridiculous. If that's more your jam I'd go there.

Haven't checked out GH. I really like the Hyatt Regency though and since I'm pretty much done with domestic lounge food I just go for the room.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Any recent stays and updates on breakfast benefit or club lounge status? Thinking of going next weekend. Usually stay at the HR and try something different. Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:30 am

Anyone stay here recently and can comment on the club lounge and globalist breakfast?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 100k, Delta Platinum
Club breakfast still closed, globalist breakfast benefit is 2 entrees, 2 sides, and 2 beverages off the room service menu
Old Mar 15, 2022, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by DroppedSon
Club breakfast still closed, globalist breakfast benefit is 2 entrees, 2 sides, and 2 beverages off the room service menu
Yep, very generous for breakfast. I’d just add in that the lounge is open for snacks, coffee, and sodas too. But not much is going on in there right now.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by rhg247
Yep, very generous for breakfast. I’d just add in that the lounge is open for snacks, coffee, and sodas too. But not much is going on in there right now.
Thanks. Decided to keep my discounted rate at the Hyatt Regency, without a full club lounge doesn't really justify a switch to the GH
Old Mar 17, 2022, 1:27 am

Anybody know the free parking situation on points stays? Is it the parking garage or valet?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 11:03 pm

I just completed a three night stay here. Very impressed with the breakfast offering. As mentioned above, the only dining options are via room service but I had mine delivered to the Grand Club which was a much more inviting place to eat than my room + the added benefit of hot and cold drinks on hand.

The Grand Hyatt was very solid but very quiet and felt more like an upscale apartment building than a buzzy hotel. The Westin lobby was the complete opposite, with a busy bar and cafe and lots of bustle. I was very happy to stay at the quiet GH and party in the busy Westin!
dshih, rhg247 and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by spanishflea
I just completed a three night stay here. Very impressed with the breakfast offering. As mentioned above, the only dining options are via room service but I had mine delivered to the Grand Club which was a much more inviting place to eat than my room + the added benefit of hot and cold drinks on hand.

The Grand Hyatt was very solid but very quiet and felt more like an upscale apartment building than a buzzy hotel. The Westin lobby was the complete opposite, with a busy bar and cafe and lots of bustle. I was very happy to stay at the quiet GH and party in the busy Westin!
I just got back myself. We were probably there at the same time! I never got myself dressed early enough to try eating in the grand club, but I always meant to get around to it.

As much as I want a return to normal in the GC, I’d probably miss daily free $125 breakfasts for two delivered to my doorstep.

i never thought to party at the Westin. I can get myself into enough trouble as it is at downstairs at the Ruth’s Chris happy hour.

And I agree about the upscale apt building feeling. I do think the rooms could be refreshed with a more comfortable sofa and office chair. But otherwise, I prefer the “classicness” of the GH to the HR across the street.

PS… didn’t feel like going out one night and got the club sandwich delivered. A humble sandwich, but one of the better ones I’ve had!
dshih and pWei like this.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Life Titanium
Very nice, staying here tomorrow, so breakfast is including sides? When I called, they said entree and drink per person.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by dshih
Very nice, staying here tomorrow, so breakfast is including sides? When I called, they said entree and drink per person.
I never tried to order additional side dishes. Just 2x entrees (plus the sides that come with the entree like potatoes or fruit or whatnot), juices, and coffee was all comped.

It might work out for sides. They seem to be very generous with the breakfast benefit. Let us know if you try.

Worst case is that you get $120 worth of breakfast for free, but pay $10 for a side of bacon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.