Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Tried to use my Hyatt CC Anniversary night here. Base-level room with two doubles was available online. Called in and after the Hyatt rep made a few calls, was told that I couldn't use the anniversary night because a double room "is considered an upgraded room", per central reservations. That seems crazy, no?
You could also try the Hyatt Olive 8. It is just half a block away and is newer and has a pool. I like it better to be honest... but no club.

Here is my comparison:
http://singleflyer.com/2015/04/02/gr...tt-or-olive-8/
Old May 20, 2015, 12:40 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
You could also try the Hyatt Olive 8. It is just half a block away and is newer and has a pool. I like it better to be honest... but no club.

Here is my comparison:
http://singleflyer.com/2015/04/02/gr...tt-or-olive-8/
Appreciate it - would love to book the Olive 8, but it's completely sold out for the night in question.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:45 pm

Any recent experiences with the Emerald Suite? Worth burning a DSU here for a quick 1 night stay?

Thanks,
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:08 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Any recent experiences with the Emerald Suite? Worth burning a DSU here for a quick 1 night stay?

Thanks,
The advantage of the Emerald Suite is the views. Every time I have stayed in one, it's had great water views. These suites do have a funny layout with a long/useless entry and a funny closet/hallway separating the living area from the bedroom (no door). If room configuration is more important than the view, I usually prefer the Executive Suite which has a guest bath and bar in the living area, plus actual doors separating the bedroom.

The GH Seattle has a high percentage of suites and is known to be generous to Diamonds. If you must have a suite, confirming with a DSU will guarantee you're allocated one. But for a quick one-night stay, there's a good chance the front desk will upgrade you if they have availability.

If burning a DSU, I would probably prefer to use it at the O8 across the street. The Luxury Suites here are large and well-decorated, and the O8 doesn't routinely offer complimentary upgrades to suites.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by baliktad
The advantage of the Emerald Suite is the views. Every time I have stayed in one, it's had great water views. These suites do have a funny layout with a long/useless entry and a funny closet/hallway separating the living area from the bedroom (no door). If room configuration is more important than the view, I usually prefer the Executive Suite which has a guest bath and bar in the living area, plus actual doors separating the bedroom.

The GH Seattle has a high percentage of suites and is known to be generous to Diamonds. If you must have a suite, confirming with a DSU will guarantee you're allocated one. But for a quick one-night stay, there's a good chance the front desk will upgrade you if they have availability.

If burning a DSU, I would probably prefer to use it at the O8 across the street. The Luxury Suites here are large and well-decorated, and the O8 doesn't routinely offer complimentary upgrades to suites.
Thanks, the C+P and DSU option is available at the Olive8. I will consider this also.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Anyone have any thoughts on how comfortable the sofa bed is in the suites at the GH?

Is it true that the two rooms aren't separated by a door in the Emerald Suite?
Old Oct 5, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I just stayed this weekend using a Free Night from my credit card signup. We got the basic King room.

On first look, this is a really nice room. The bathroom is large and well decorated.

However, the bed is attached to the wall. Which isn't a problem except that when a door slams nearby, the whole wall shakes, and so does the bed. And on Sunday morning, there was a lot of door slamming. The room doors close slowly, and then suddenly slam shut for the last bit. The slamming is loud too.

I can't recommend this hotel if you want to sleep past 7am
Old Oct 5, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
The surveys we get from FlyerTalk re our hotel pet peeves should have shaky walls as a choice. Seriously - for all the reasons. (Looking at you, Hyatt Place, in particular ... I digress.)
Old Dec 30, 2015, 12:01 am

Had a quick 1 night staycation here last night to see the nutcracker using my Chase anniversary night. Was originally assigned a King water view room but asked at checkin about a corner suite and was given rm 2215. I like the layout of these; they don't seem much larger if at all than the standard rooms, just a creative use of space.

Unfortunately, due to the timing of the ballet, weren't able to use the club at all other than for breakfast this morning.

In both stays as a diamond I have been upgraded to a corner suite (last June and yesterday - both chase free nights).
Old May 17, 2016, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Another fantastic stay at the Grand. There is not even a comparison between the GH and the Olive 8 for me. Every single aspect of the GH is better, especially service. Urbane is literally the only place where the O8 is superior.

Last edited by nineworldseries; May 17, 2016 at 5:50 pm
Old May 18, 2016, 9:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I did not get any upgrade as a Diamond despite booking the basic room and seeing online availability for several room types my dates upon check-in. I was travelling alone and did not mind too much so I did not enquire about suites or any other kind of room and I simply took what they gave me.

The lounge at this property is from memory one of the nicest, if not the nicest, I have seen in North America. Other than the fact that booze is not free, it is close to being on par with lounges you can find in Asia. There are several hot food options in the evening and they change daily. Everything is good quality rather than cheap junk.

The gym is very nice and had several weight machines rather than only cardio.
Wifi worked great during my entire stay.

I would not hesitate to come back to this hotel.

One rare negative about this hotel is the poor choice on the room service menu. Most of the options are different varieties of pizza (4) and mac'n cheese (4). Not much else. I had never seen a hotel where one third of the room service entrees are mac'n cheese.

Last edited by escape4; May 18, 2016 at 11:44 am
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:58 am

Used P&C and Chase Free Night Anniv. to stay 3 nights. Booked standard room and got upgraded to Elliott Bay View King as Hyatt Platinum (via Chase Visa). Great view of course, and 2 free waters replaced every day was great for walking to Pike Place Market (~10-15min walk away).

Try the Pike Place Chowder place in the Pacific Mall across the corner. Same menu, same great food, minus the crowds.

Would visit again.

Last edited by FlyAsia1; Sep 7, 2016 at 8:16 am
Old Nov 6, 2016, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Parking

Does anybody know of any parking perks for Diamond Members?

Perhaps Free parking for Diamonds or Discounts on Valet Parking?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:22 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Parking is $30 in a garage connected to but NOT managed by the hotel (and not chargeable to the room). Not waived for Diamonds now and in all likelihood also won't be free on award stays by World of Hyatt Globalists when that program starts.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:22 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Diamond breakfast Options

I am planning a stay next month. Can anyone tell me what the Diamond breakfasts option(s) are like at this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.