Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:12 am

Unfortunately, it's not standardized or especially clear.
Sometimes the suite room description will specifically mention something like "This is a standard suite".

Or, search by points and you will usually see standard suites vs premium suites listed if available.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
What does it mean if there are some suites listed for cash but none for points?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Exactly what you said - there are suites available for cash but not for points.

Properties are not required to make suites available for points.
rhg247 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:41 am

How are you trying to secure this suite? If you are rolling the dice on the standard globalist benefit at check in, then be prepared to be disappointed. I've stayed at the GH maybe...20 nights this year and never gotten one at check in, but then again my stays are usually 5 to 6 nights and the suites never show up in app on day of check in for that duration anyway. I don't think they have too many suites as compared to the corner rooms, which I always secure.

But even with no suites on points available, you should still be able to score it at check in if it's only showing $$ availability. Theoretically.

Or if you have a TSU to apply, and want to burn one, then they should confirm a standard suite immediately, even if no points bookings are available. (assuming you're not paying with a free night certificate)

Just food for thought...good luck!
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rhg247
How are you trying to secure this suite? If you are rolling the dice on the standard globalist benefit at check in, then be prepared to be disappointed. I've stayed at the GH maybe...20 nights this year and never gotten one at check in, but then again my stays are usually 5 to 6 nights and the suites never show up in app on day of check in for that duration anyway. I don't think they have too many suites as compared to the corner rooms, which I always secure.

But even with no suites on points available, you should still be able to score it at check in if it's only showing $$ availability. Theoretically.

Or if you have a TSU to apply, and want to burn one, then they should confirm a standard suite immediately, even if no points bookings are available. (assuming you're not paying with a free night certificate)

Just food for thought...good luck!
Front desk said TSU/SUA can be applied with a $150 charge. Does this sound accurate?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:46 am

Front desk said TSU/SUA can be applied with a $150 charge. Does this sound accurate?
Using a TSU for a standard suite? No. Sounds fishy.
I'd involve your MHC if you're getting the run around.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by rhg247
Using a TSU for a standard suite? No. Sounds fishy.
I'd involve your MHC if you're getting the run around.
What they told me is that "the deluxe king corner is our standard suite. If you want the Emerald Suite or higher you must apply a suite upgrade along with a $150 payment".

Glob Lite here so no MHC
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:43 pm

What they told me is that "the deluxe king corner is our standard suite. If you want the Emerald Suite or higher you must apply a suite upgrade along with a $150 payment".

Glob Lite here so no MHC
Then I’m not sure. HUCA? Ask for the manager and I’d want to know why the Emerald Suite shows up under the standard SUITES tab and is the “upgrade my room to a suite” using points default option instead of to the Corner King that only shows up under the typical “rooms” section.

You could also try Hyatt concierge Twitter.
Old Jan 19, 2023, 2:16 pm

I'd like to post my review for this hotel, do I do it in this thread or what is the convention on FT?
Old Jan 19, 2023, 7:31 pm

Go for it.
I was going to ask a general question to the FT fam to compare / contrast the Emerald suite vs the commonly available Corner King room. Is the Emerald worth burning an upgrade cert? From what I could scrounge up, it seems just like a slightly roomier King Corner with an additional bathroom.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:12 am

Is there a format that I follow and what do I do for images?

Also, I can answer most of the questions you have. If it's a long stay it's worth burning a suite. Emerald has a soak tub + shower but not an additional bathroom. 1b1b
Old Jan 20, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Is there a format that I follow and what do I do for images?
There are no rules. Images are always welcome, perhaps keeping in mind that it can really slow down page loading if you include a large number of high resolution images.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
There are no rules. Images are always welcome, perhaps keeping in mind that it can really slow down page loading if you include a large number of high resolution images.
That second point about my images is what I am asking about. I always find it annoying when a review has these huge images inside of a thread and you have to scroll 5 pages worth since the images are so large. Is it conventional to upload them to Imgur or just put them in the body of the post?
Old Jan 20, 2023, 1:34 pm

That second point about my images is what I am asking about. I always find it annoying when a review has these huge images inside of a thread and you have to scroll 5 pages worth since the images are so large. Is it conventional to upload them to Imgur or just put them in the body of the post?
I think whatever works for you. My personal view is that anything beyond about five or six pics, people lose interest (I definitely do), but it's totally your call.
skj likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 1:16 pm

Also, I can answer most of the questions you have. If it's a long stay it's worth burning a suite. Emerald has a soak tub + shower but not an additional bathroom. 1b1b
thanks. It’ll be 6 nights. But yeah sounds like it’s just a slightly larger king corner room from what I can tell from the limited pics I can find.

If you or anyone else has an opinion, I’d be interested to hear it. Tyia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.