Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
It's been years since I stayed here but I always enjoyed their club. I also remember having a free breakfast at Ruth's Chris every morning. Not sure if that was a Diamond (Globalist) benefit or part of my rate. The N.Y. Steak & eggs at Ruth's Chris was excellent. I believe it was the only Ruth's Chris that was open for breakfast due to Hyatt requiring it. Those were the good days!
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by mitch1
It's been years since I stayed here but I always enjoyed their club. I also remember having a free breakfast at Ruth's Chris every morning. Not sure if that was a Diamond (Globalist) benefit or part of my rate. The N.Y. Steak & eggs at Ruth's Chris was excellent. I believe it was the only Ruth's Chris that was open for breakfast due to Hyatt requiring it. Those were the good days!
I just saw that the RC is restarting breakfast. I haven’t tried it yet, but I was definitely thinking the Steak and eggs would probably be great.

And I think the club is very tasteful. I’m sad that I never got to see it with any service. …Maybe one day
Old Aug 29, 2022, 12:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/26 to 8/28

Location: The hotel is located with all the other Hyatts in Seattle! I personally like the area but when I went for a walk Saturday morning at 9 AM I was reminded the neighborhood is still scuzzy and still feels unsafe. It was better when I walked to dinner at 5 PM though. Do note there's currently construction around the hotel so traffic is slowed down.

Hotel: Fairly nondescript on the outside but nice enough inside. Valet parking is currently running at $58 a night, the valet guys are very friendly. The doors are supposed to be locked after 10 PM according to signs but they aren't. The lobby is expansive but pretty gloomy as there's very few people here and not much going on. There's also cavernous event space but if you're there on a weekend it seems empty and echoy too. The common areas on the floors are very nice at least.

Check In: Disappointing. No Globalist recognition. No upgrade. I heard the couple in front of me be told there was no daily housekeeping, I had to enquire about this and inform the agent that yes, I wanted that.

Room: Nice enough though some odd design the features. The TV placement makes it so one bed can't really see it. Speaking of the beds, they're tiny and they make horrible creaking noises when you move even a fraction of an inch. The bathroom was the best part of the room: huge with both a shower and a tub and nice Balmain products.

Dining: Breakfast is mandatory room service for Globalists because the lounge isn't serving anything. Though if you want you can have them bring it there. The menu was limited but the food came quickly at least. However I was still charged $12.80 and I had to deal with that at check out.

Lounge: It's open in the sense that you can go in. They had a fridge of sodas and waters, a coffee machine and some packaged snacks.

Frankly, this hotel is charging Grand Hyatt rates and not delivering Grand Hyatt services. I was left disappointed.
River in Sight and Soriak like this.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 6:36 pm

Yikes! I was in the Hyatt Regency a couple of weeks ago and wondered what the Grand Hyatt would have been like. Now I don't regret staying at the Regency...
Old Aug 29, 2022, 7:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Nice pictures but can definitely here the tone in the disappointment with your stay. I used to stay here half a dozen nights per year for the past 20 years. I agree with your disappointment. Personally I hate the REVENGE the hotel and airlines are taking out on the customers with cutting services. I used to love this hotel and the lounge. Globalist status is sure starting to lose its shine.
Old Aug 29, 2022, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
Frankly, this hotel is charging Grand Hyatt rates and not delivering Grand Hyatt services. I was left disappointed.
I never got to experience the GH before covid when the lounge was in full gear, but I wish I could've / hope it returns.

I am surprised by the lack of upgrade here. Was the hotel having a conference, perhaps? I've made several week long trips here and never failed to get the corner room. Some with better views than others, but I think it's akin to a some "jr suites".It's nice enough for me. I've yet to snag a proper suite upgrade though. (None available in the app at checkin)

I agree that the vibe of the GH is kinda low key, but I like the quietness.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:42 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Positive update: I expressed my disappointments with my experience at the hotel in the survey I was emailed and I got a personal apology from the GM and 10,000 Hyatt points.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:24 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by CMK10
Stay Report - 8/26 to 8/28

Location: The hotel is located with all the other Hyatts in Seattle! I personally like the area but when I went for a walk Saturday morning at 9 AM I was reminded the neighborhood is still scuzzy and still feels unsafe. It was better when I walked to dinner at 5 PM though. Do note there's currently construction around the hotel so traffic is slowed down.

Hotel: Fairly nondescript on the outside but nice enough inside. Valet parking is currently running at $58 a night, the valet guys are very friendly. The doors are supposed to be locked after 10 PM according to signs but they aren't. The lobby is expansive but pretty gloomy as there's very few people here and not much going on. There's also cavernous event space but if you're there on a weekend it seems empty and echoy too. The common areas on the floors are very nice at least.

Check In: Disappointing. No Globalist recognition. No upgrade. I heard the couple in front of me be told there was no daily housekeeping, I had to enquire about this and inform the agent that yes, I wanted that.

Room: Nice enough though some odd design the features. The TV placement makes it so one bed can't really see it. Speaking of the beds, they're tiny and they make horrible creaking noises when you move even a fraction of an inch. The bathroom was the best part of the room: huge with both a shower and a tub and nice Balmain products.

Dining: Breakfast is mandatory room service for Globalists because the lounge isn't serving anything. Though if you want you can have them bring it there. The menu was limited but the food came quickly at least. However I was still charged $12.80 and I had to deal with that at check out.

Lounge: It's open in the sense that you can go in. They had a fridge of sodas and waters, a coffee machine and some packaged snacks.

i like this hotel prior to the pandemic but can imagine how it’s gone downhill since 2019 reading your review
Years ago when I was a Diamond the hotel treated me far better with upgrades
Its not that they treated me poorly ever it’s just that in the past they would upgrade to the vip luxury suites and exceed expectations

Like a number of Hyatts in North America since WOH I’ve noticed a pattern every year of making suite upgrades generally less desirable if you get one at all.For me the biggest disappointment me with Grand Hyatt Seattle and Hyatt Regency Seattle which I like better and is newer don’t have sit down operating restaurants currently.Also when I have ordered room service quality has fallen to new lows as it once was something to look forward too
Old Sep 1, 2022, 10:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
For me the biggest disappointment me with Grand Hyatt Seattle and Hyatt Regency Seattle which I like better and is newer don’t have sit down operating restaurants currently.
????
HR Seattle currently has two full service restaurants open. Andare offers sit down breakfast, both a buffet and made to order.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:21 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Kacee
????
HR Seattle currently has two full service restaurants open. Andare offers sit down breakfast, both a buffet and made to order.
Closed take out only for breakfast in a long line May 1 2022 when I was there last
No room service.That may have changed by now as everything is still evolving in all hotels for the good and the bad
Great hotel otherwise
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Closed take out only for breakfast in a long line May 1 2022 when I was there last
No room service.That may have changed by now as everything is still evolving in all hotels for the good and the bad
There is no "may" about it.

Two open restaurants. Sit down breakfast.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 6:46 pm

Question

Is there an internal walkway to the Seattle Convention Center, or do you have to exit the hotel to get into the convention center?

Update: I completed my stay there is not an internal walkway to the SCC.

Last edited by IAD_flyer; Oct 15, 2022 at 11:03 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Standard Glob Suite at Grand Hyatt Seattle

What's the standard globalist suite at GH Seattle? Is it the "Deluxe Corner King"? This looks like a room not a suite but staff is telling me it is the standard suite upgrade?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 10:56 am

The corner king is a nice upgrade, but not a standard suite. The standard globalist suite upgrade should be to the Emerald Suite, I believe.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rhg247
The corner king is a nice upgrade, but not a standard suite. The standard globalist suite upgrade should be to the Emerald Suite, I believe.
Yeah that's what I thought! Can't believe they're still playing these games.

As a side note, what's the way to tell online what the standard suite at any given Hyatt is? I find that there's no indication of if a room is a standard room, premium room, standard suite, or premium suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.