Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2002, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Arrow Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Checked into the Elliot Grand Hyatt Seattle Thursday night very late, just after midnight (so actually it was Friday).

Nice lobby thats for sure, as expected, it was empty at that time of night. The gentleman who checked me in was very attentive. I had a $45 Priceline rate. I just put my D/C card and GP card down and he put the GP number in without question. I asked him how much Priceline paid for my room and he said $41.82 I was assigned 2018.

I went up with my bags and noticed that Thursday's paper was still in front of my door which was odd. I opened the door (real key, not a card) and the room was trashed... it looks like a nice little party had just been in the room. I just laughed and walked down to the front desk and when the clerk saw me he asked what was wrong. I told him about the room and he apologized and said let me find you something on the 30th floor (top floor) but all he had was an ADA room and I asked for something else, since I didn't like ADA rooms. He asked if I would like a suite and of course I said yes.

I was given 2812 which was a very nice One BR suite. The suite was a very very large living area with a couch, two nice chairs and a bar and large tv wall unit, the BR was huge as well with a great bed, could compete with the heavenly bed IMHO. the Bathrooms were large too, a separate tub and shower. The nicest scale I've ever seen, just a very nice suite overall.

there is not a regency club in this hotel even though the book states that they have one. What they have is a room that is like a regency club that must be rented out by groups. I found this out when I went in for coffee in the a.m. Local and toll free calls are $1.00 each. This hotel has a very nice healthclub for cv equip. All brand new with individual TV's on each piece of cv equipment. I was given a late check out.

The location is right next to the convention center place bus center. I took the Metro Bus to/from SEA. Free on the way from SEA as I didn't have exact change and the driver let me pass, $2.00 to SEA during peak times and it was an express bus that too 30 minutes.

All in all a great hotel and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Not bad for $53 ($45+5.95 fee+tax)
Old May 18, 2002, 5:05 pm

I stayed in this hotel a couple of weeks ago in a regular room overlooking the waterfront (though some distance away from it). Room was excellent. Regency club was not yet open since this is a new hotel - its supposed to open some time in the future. They gave me a breakfast coupon for continental breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 8:56 am

I am at the Elliot Grand Haytt right now playing with the free High Speed internet access which is Very fast. Beautiful hotel, it reminds me of the Hyatt in Mainz. I was given a room on Floor 27 with great views of the sound. RC is still closed, and it sounds like there are not any plans to reopen it any time soon.

I will add a review for Muerz site later.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 12:58 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I stayed here for four nights in July.

This hotel, the room, the decor, the staff, and the food get a "10" from me.

I am a Diamond and was on a AAA stay for one night, and a FFN award for the other three. I was upgraded to a beautiful suite with an amazing view, and got breakfast every day; no RC open.

I thanked the asst manager for the room upgrade personally, and mentioned that I was especially impressed since I was on a mostly-free stay. His response was that I should expect that whenever humanly possible at their hotel; that they want to be a model for service.

A very impressive hotel.

edited to correct spelling because I don't proofread.

[This message has been edited by shinbal (edited 08-03-2002).]
Old Sep 13, 2004, 10:32 am
NKC

Stayed a number of weeks ago. As of last month, no RC on property. But very impressive rooms - all I can say is WOW!

727 Pine is good too. Not as great as the restaurant at Hyatt Regency Vancouver (best breakfast ever!), but it was good enough. Perhaps we will try hunting for another breakfast place in the morning. But overall, by far one of the top hotels I have stayed in period. ^

Last edited by NKC; Sep 13, 2004 at 4:09 pm
Old Sep 13, 2004, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; AA Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Gold
Nice to hear they are as great as ever. We stayed there a few years back right after they opened and were very impressed. No, it is not at the waterfront but it was a very easy walk to Pike's Market.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 12:59 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by NKC
Stayed a number of weeks ago. As of last month, no RC on property. But very impressive rooms - all I can say is WOW!

727 Pine is good too. Not as great as the restaurant at Hyatt Regency Vancouver (best breakfast ever!), but it was good enough. Perhaps we will try hunting for another breakfast place in the morning. But overall, by far one of the top hotels I have stayed in period. ^
Looks like 727 pine is closing and Ruth Chris is opening up in its space.

Yech.

lala
Old Sep 14, 2004, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott PP...Southwest A+ CP
In the last 4 weeks I have spent time at both the downtown Grand Hyatt Regency and the Bellevue Hyatt Regency. Both were top quality and the service was tops...

The front desk mgr at the Grand Hyatt Downtown told me that they have no RC and that many of the Hyatt's were getting rid of them. This was confirmed by the Bellevue Hyatt Regency...
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:24 pm
NKC

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
In the last 4 weeks I have spent time at both the downtown Grand Hyatt Regency and the Bellevue Hyatt Regency. Both were top quality and the service was tops...

The front desk mgr at the Grand Hyatt Downtown told me that they have no RC and that many of the Hyatt's were getting rid of them. This was confirmed by the Bellevue Hyatt Regency...
---

If you wouldnt mind sharing with us, how did your stay go at the Bellevue Hyatt? It can be up and down ...
Old Sep 15, 2004, 2:52 pm

Programs: Marriott PP...Southwest A+ CP
Originally Posted by NKC
---

If you wouldnt mind sharing with us, how did your stay go at the Bellevue Hyatt? It can be up and down ...

Bellevue Hyatt was great!

Upon check-in, I asked for RC. Since it was closed, they upgraded to a suite. The room was ordinary, but had a nice view.

They booked dinner for us across the street at Ruth's Chris...last minute (8:10pm for an 8:30pm) reservation...and when we arrived, they had set us up with a corner table and had a grilled shrimp appetizer sent over, compliments of the Hotel Staff.

They were helpful when we were working with them on the parking and room service was prompt.
Old May 27, 2005, 8:35 am
Suspended

Posting from a very nice Corner Suite from the Grand Hyatt Seattle...

While reading this thread I assumed that they do not have a RC, but was surprised that one is open on the 27th floor. Agent at Check in did not mention it to me at all, which was kind of odd, so today I went down to pick up the not provided breakfast coupon and was told by the front desk staff that I do not need one for the RC

Hotel is very nice, there is a major construction close by the front entrance, but otherwise I like the location ( B&N just across the street )

The hotel is very upscale for an American property and the bed is really nice, don`t know if it is a new Grand Bed, but it was very comfortable. Diamond Amenity also top notch, wine on average though...

Breakfast in the RC also only average, no salmon or cold cuts at all, basically just fruits, cream cheese and jams beside cereals and bakery items...
Old May 28, 2005, 12:14 am

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Used FFN and took the family there for Mother's Day. Didn't realized their RC is opened again..... Anyway, I picked up 4 breakfast vouchers at check in. Since kids don't eat much (5 and 1 yrs old), wife and I each have steak and eggs at Ruth Chris (hotel lobby) and got $60 off our Sunday brunch.

Yes, very nice corner suite.
Old May 28, 2005, 4:55 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
I see the RC as both good and bad. It seemed like a hotel of this caliber deservered an RC. However, I've really enjoyed breakfast in the restaurant both before and after the Ruth Chris change. If the breakfast is just average, how is the evening service?

I see that they are opening a number of RC's again in North America. Hopefully they'll stay open for a while.
Old May 28, 2005, 11:47 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
I had no idea the GH Seattle had a regency club.

FYI, its going to be hard to get rooms at the Bellevue Hyatt this summer, they started renovations two weeks ago, so they are looking at 30% less rooms available starting now. Should be nice though when they are done -- new hyatt beds and plasma tvs (still crappy programming though). I didn't have time to get a tour of a model room, but if I do in the next week, will report back.

I have to say that what the BH lacks in character (Bellevue, the mall, etc), it makes up in fine staff, professional service and knock out views from the xx22 rooms.

As for slamming Bellevue, I grew up there, I can say whatever I want.

lala
Old Sep 13, 2005, 7:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Which room type?

I'm looking at a weekend this fall at the GH. They don't have any photos or diagrams of the different room types, so I'm looking for opinions from those that have seen the rooms.

My options are a standard room at $128, corner suite $158, emerald suite $203, or executive suite $228. I'm only a platinum so don't expect any free upgrades. Initially I was leaning toward the corner suite as the description sounded good, but then I noticed that it really isn't much larger in sq ft than the standard. And I don't see much difference in the emerald and executive rooms size. Any opinions on which would be the best deal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.