Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2016, 12:38 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
I am planning a stay next month. Can anyone tell me what the Diamond breakfasts option(s) are like at this property.
Club lounge only, the usual continental spread plus some fairly tasty egg dishes. One of the better lounges in North America. If breakfast is a big deal to you, consider the Olive 8, which doesn't have a lounge but offers full breakfast.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by navatwal
Does anybody know of any parking perks for Diamond Members?

Perhaps Free parking for Diamonds or Discounts on Valet Parking?
The hotel used (along with Olive 8) to do Park and Stay rates that was very good. Otherwise, the cheapest parking for 24 hour parking is the pay for lot across the road from the front door of O8, and from memory the meters are free overnight, and Sunday (although the last time I parked on the street was 2015, so it might have changed), if you are lucky enough to find a free space.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Originally Posted by jpdx
Club lounge only, the usual continental spread plus some fairly tasty egg dishes. One of the better lounges in North America. If breakfast is a big deal to you, consider the Olive 8, which doesn't have a lounge but offers full breakfast.
Thanks very much for the information and suggestions.. I was trying to choose between the two. My wife is not that concerned about breakfast so perhaps the club lounge would be best for her.

I see that the Olive also has an indoor pool.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver

And a very nice pool with piped music underwater when I was there a few years ago.
Old Dec 1, 2016, 7:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks very much for the information and suggestions.. I was trying to choose between the two. My wife is not that concerned about breakfast so perhaps the club lounge would be best for her.

We have stayed at and hosted friends at both places several times in the last couple of years.

FWIW, I agree that the GH lounge is unusually good, with excellent day/evening snacks as well as breakfast. I would chose that over O8 myself.

Occasionally as diamonds, we have been comped use of the O8 pool while staying at GH.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
Staying at GH in Feb and just noticed valet parking at $55 and self at $30. Can anyone recommend an economical self parking around this hotel? Thanks
Old Jan 5, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by klakhav
Staying at GH in Feb and just noticed valet parking at $55 and self at $30. Can anyone recommend an economical self parking around this hotel? Thanks
For downtown Seattle, $30 seems economical to me. I was just in Chicago last weekend and parking was $65 (no self park option).

I've recently discovered spothero - it was really easy, and they seem to find good rates at garages. I found one near the GH for $14/nt (1515 7th Ave Meridian Garage).
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Review of Grand Hyatt Seattle with pictures: (as I searched to see if there were any pictures on the thread and only found a single post by Markie back in 2013 so hope these are of use, MODs please let me know if you find this slows the thread down too much and I’ll remove some).

A very nice hotel and one I can recommend with some minor limitations. I would stay again happily, however you’ll need to go elsewhere for breakfast and evening drinks (especially after 10 PM) which were the only let-downs in my opinion.

The location is great, being very central downtown with easy access to the conference centre and pike place market, etc…

Check-In: I was staying in the Hilton Seattle before moving here and used the app to check in online, which was fine. I received a text around 4 PM telling me that my room was ready and quickly picked up my key from a friendly staff member (the check in staff were quite good and helpful from my experience and watching them from the lobby while waiting for others at various times over a week).

I have only basic member status with Hyatt so was pleased to receive a nice room on a high floor (but facing away from the water unfortunately, still it was a very nice room). The rate was a cash rate (no points used) and was competitive to the Hilton (but the room was quite a bit nicer here).

The lobby is quite large and has a good range of seating available. I did like that the starbucks around the corner could be reached internally so a quick breakfast was usually had in there with colleagues.

There are plenty of restaurants within 2-5 minutes of here so it was no hardship to only have Ruth Chris’s in the hotel, however, in other Hyatt hotels there is usually a very nice bar area to relax after a hard day and this was the only failing I noticed here as mentioned above, the RC’s bar closes at 10 PM sharp and you are made to feel very unwelcome if you dare to show up 15 minutes before that even.

The Room:

Floor Plan:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Floor plan
by BA_pics, on Flickr

A lovely room with a King bed and very spacious, with a very large bathroom, one of the nicest I’ve had in the US while travelling in chain hotels at least and for a standard room. There were plenty of lighting options, electric switches for the window blinds with some sheer curtains that can be used in the daytime for some basic privacy. (there are a couple of high rises around so you can see and be seen still at height). The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. I found the room well equipped with most anything one could want (outside of an in room minibar) even including toothpaste and umbrella, etc…)

The room layout was very nice with a pleasant entrance area that you could actually put some keys or small items on the small table built into the mirror as well as shoes and wet items without having to go on the carpet or in the bathroom. The wardrobe was well placed between the bath and the bed area and the desk and reading chair near the window so making best use of the room.

Two quirks which were the only let downs in the room;

-an interesting and IMO inappropriate set of pictures on the wall by the bed. (maybe there is some historical significance I am missing but guns and hotels are not usual bedfellows?)

Pictures:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Picture detail
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Picture detail 2
by BA_pics, on Flickr

-the entrance door to the room was not sealed well so that you could hear some hallway activity if people were walking by or talking in the hallway near the room, not too bad but still noticeable and for light sleepers this would be a trouble spot I think.

The bathroom is stunning, with a nice sink vanity area, plenty of space to put your things, a second shelf underneath for extras and towels, with a couple of lighting options to suit the mood and time of day as well as good sized areas for the toilet, shower, and massive bath.

The bath amenities were very nice and had a lovely smell and feel to them.

I checked out online as well and everything worked very smoothly with my bill coming by email.

I very much enjoyed the room and quality of this hotel and it reflects well on Hyatt (especially for entry level guests). I look forward to my next opportunity to stay here.

Hope the review and pictures are of use and interest, apologies for the size of the post due to the images.

There was a very good bookstore just opposite the hotel as well in case there are any bookworms reading this review.

My next stop was the Hyatt Regency Vancouver which I’ll review in a few days for those interested.

Pictures:

Entrance Area:

View to Bedroom area:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | View into Room
by BA_pics, on Flickr

View back to Entrance Door:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | View back to Entrance
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Side Table:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Nice Entrance feature
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Side Light in Entrance Area for softer ambience when returning:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Side Light in Entrance
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Do Not Disturb Switch:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | DND
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Wardrobe:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Wardrobe Contents
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Wardrobe Contents 2
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bathroom Area:

Spacious separate Shower Stall and Toilet Area:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Separate Shower and loo
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bath:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Lovely huge Bath
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Shower Detail:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Shower detail by BA_pics, on Flickr

Sink Area:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Bathroom Vanity area by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bath Amenities:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Bath Amenities by BA_pics, on Flickr

Nice Touches:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Nice extras in bathroom
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Bedroom Area:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Main Room
by BA_pics, on Flickr

The Main Attraction:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | King Bed
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Window Blinds Switch (by the bedside night table):

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Electric Window Blind Switch
by BA_pics, on Flickr

TV Console:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | TV Console
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Work Desk:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Work Desk
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Mini-Fridge

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Mini Fridge
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Reading Chair:

Grand Hyatt Seattle | Seating Area by BA_pics, on Flickr

End of review. Safe Travels.
A1pax and mrredskin like this.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Staying here right now (3/22). Checked in on the app and got a note at 1pm saying my room was ready. Pleasantly surprised as the hotel is sold out, as is most of Seattle. Valet parked the car and checked in quickly at 1:30. Was upgraded to a corner suite, room 2622. Beautiful views and very well appointed. As pointed out above, the bathroom is fantastic. The gym is one of the best in any Hyatt property...full free weights, machines, and lots of cardio machines as well. I didn't use them, but there was also a sauna and steam room.
Won't be here for breakfast in the morning, however the evening food was wonderful. Coconut shrimp, roasted veggies, and wonderful meats and cheeses.
I have a great corporate rate here, so will likely return in the future!
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:20 am

If I am not parking overnight and just using vallet for few hours, do i still pay $55 per night for parking? Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:40 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Review of Grand Hyatt Seattle with pictures: (as I searched to see if there were any pictures on the thread and only found a single post by Markie back in 2013 so hope these are of use, MODs please let me know if you find this slows the thread down too much and I’ll remove some).

A very nice hotel and one I can recommend with some minor limitations. I would stay again happily, however you’ll need to go elsewhere for breakfast and evening drinks (especially after 10 PM) which were the only let-downs in my opinion.

The location is great, being very central downtown with easy access to the conference centre and pike place market, etc…

End of review. Safe Travels.
Thanks, BotB, for this review. Good timing, as I have been looking at hotels in Seattle next July (3 nights) - and the prices seem to be quite high. Initially I was looking at the Hilton but saw that the GH would be a much nicer hotel and in a great location for walking distance to attractions. I also looked at the Olive8, but some people said the GH would be preferred. So, am going to book for points (7,500) + cash ($100) per night - as hubby has just under 30K Hyatt points. He is currently explorist, and will become nothing next July (have 3 club access award expiring in February next year - so no lounge!) We will look for breakfasts and dinner outside, like you said.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by A1pax
Thanks, BotB, for this review. Good timing, as I have been looking at hotels in Seattle next July (3 nights) - and the prices seem to be quite high. Initially I was looking at the Hilton but saw that the GH would be a much nicer hotel and in a great location for walking distance to attractions. I also looked at the Olive8, but some people said the GH would be preferred.
Summer in Cruise Ship season, so if ships are leaving/arriving, prices can be very expensive one day, then reasonable the next.

GH is a much nicer hotel than the Hilton. I would stay in the Olive8 if you are a Diamond for the breakfast in the restaurant, but both are good hotels. The GH isn't good if you get room facing the I-5 Freeway, most likely if you have no status, as it is quite noisy, and I had to use earplugs to get any sleep.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Summer in Cruise Ship season, so if ships are leaving/arriving, prices can be very expensive one day, then reasonable the next.

GH is a much nicer hotel than the Hilton. I would stay in the Olive8 if you are a Diamond for the breakfast in the restaurant, but both are good hotels. The GH isn't good if you get room facing the I-5 Freeway, most likely if you have no status, as it is quite noisy, and I had to use earplugs to get any sleep.
Thanks, Forever in Seattle.

Ah, cruise ship season! We are stopping by Seattle for a couple days at the end of our Alaska trip mid-June.

Hubby's hyatt status dropped from Diamond (globalist) to explorist (now) and will be nothing in 2018 He has got just under 30K hyatt points in his account, so I tried to use up most of it. No breakfast is OK because we are planning to take one day trip to Mount Rainier, and the last day leave early for airport for flight to LAS then on to LHR, hoping to check out the AS lounge in SEA and amex centurion lounge at LAS. We have gold status with Hilton and Marriott which gives breakfasts - but their hotels do not have as good reviews as the GH.

Will remember to bring ear plugs (have plenty of those from flights - just in case GH gives us a terribly noisy room.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: All the programs!
Had a nice stay here recently and wouldn't mind going back. One of the better Hyatt experiences in the U.S.
Good location and pretty good club lounge.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
GH website says that guests can access the Olive 8 pool/jacuzzi for $15. Is that fee charged in reality? Is it charged to Globalists?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.