Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:16 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by GB
This is not correct. You absolutely do get breakfast as a Diamond at Olive 8. I am also suprised about the furniture comment. The hotel is quite new and I haven't noticed this after numerous stays (including last week).
I have been staying here for the last five weeks. You do not get breakfast at olive 8 per the gm and front desk person and the olive 8 restaurant manager (asked each of them). I would be eating there if I did I am in room 1822 corner suite. Was told they are refurbishing the rooms beginning this November.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:33 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
While I don't question what you have been told, this is a Diamond benefit. I have stayed at Olive 8, 5-6 times this year and have always been given a compliementary breakfast. As I stated previously, I stayed last week and had a great breakfast. Nothing was on the folio at check out. I would recommend you print out the Diamond benefits and have another conversation with the hotel.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 11:53 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by GB
While I don't question what you have been told, this is a Diamond benefit. I have stayed at Olive 8, 5-6 times this year and have always been given a compliementary breakfast. As I stated previously, I stayed last week and had a great breakfast. Nothing was on the folio at check out. I would recommend you print out the Diamond benefits and have another conversation with the hotel.
Umm. ..this thread is about the GRAND HYATT in Seattle. NOT Olive 8 which is a different hotel a block away.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
Originally Posted by ldsant
I agree re: breakfast and lounge food. Btw as a Diamond you don't get free breakfast at OLIVE 8. Also the furniture in the corner suites is very dated.
Precisely! Which is why your earlier statement seemed odd
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:40 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
What ldsant is saying is that while staying at the Grand Hyatt (which this thread is about) you do not have the choice to go have your free diamond breakfast around the corner at the Olive 8.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 10:31 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by missydarlin
what ldsant is saying is that while staying at the grand hyatt (which this thread is about) you do not have the choice to go have your free diamond breakfast around the corner at the olive 8.
omg! Thank you missydarlin. . .
Old Nov 10, 2012, 12:49 am
In memoriam

Congratulations!!

Turns out that one of my favorites throughout all of Hyatt was promoted today! Cassie - you will be missed - the promotion is so well deserved and not surprising. . .Cassie - your grace, friendliness, and overall wonderfulness has always been appreciated! Congratulations on your new job!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:32 am

Parking Options While at the Grand

Looked through the thread re: Parking. What are my options other than paying the Valet for $41 and Self Park for $30?
I see the Convention Ctr option, went to the website and its not clear to me what the fees are for overnight parking and whether it is allowed or not since they close at midnight.

My 1st stay here and as a Diamond I got upgraded to the 30th floor with what seems to be a jr suite. Awesome corner room with views of the Puget Sound and partial view of the needle.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:14 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by directcj
Looked through the thread re: Parking. What are my options other than paying the Valet for $41 and Self Park for $30?
I see the Convention Ctr option, went to the website and its not clear to me what the fees are for overnight parking and whether it is allowed or not since they close at midnight.

My 1st stay here and as a Diamond I got upgraded to the 30th floor with what seems to be a jr suite. Awesome corner room with views of the Puget Sound and partial view of the needle.
If you're staying in the city itself you really don't need a car. If you're going over to the Eastside (Bellevue/Kirkland/Issaquah) you can take the bus and get right downtown.

If you need a car use a zip car. Lots of them parked near the Hyatt and you don't have to worry about parking.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:15 pm
In memoriam

Trial Offerings - Warm Breakfast Items

for Diamonds in the lounge from December - February as a trial to see how well it goes. Just in case somebody is making a decision between a place based on breakfast.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:22 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by directcj

unless you're planning to do a lot of driving... I'd skip the car and do a daily rental for the days you DO need a car from the Hertz Local Edition... which is attached to the Grand Hyatt. Light rail will bring you from the airport to within 3 blocks of the hotel.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:28 am

If you're staying in the city itself you really don't need a car. If you're going over to the Eastside (Bellevue/Kirkland/Issaquah) you can take the bus and get right downtown.

If you need a car use a zip car. Lots of them parked near the Hyatt and you don't have to worry about parking.
Originally Posted by missydarlin
unless you're planning to do a lot of driving... I'd skip the car and do a daily rental for the days you DO need a car from the Hertz Local Edition... which is attached to the Grand Hyatt. Light rail will bring you from the airport to within 3 blocks of the hotel.
Need the car unfortunately as I'm doing business outside of downtown but wanted to stay downtown and experience what has been dubbed one of the best Hyatts. Unfortunately, my co has contracts with all the other rental car co's except for Hertz. Ended up using the self park option but would still like to know for future. Quite sure other folks on this forum would appreciate the info also.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club

Thanks, missydarlin and ldsant. Good advice.

As I'll be returning, I've just spent some time looking at the ZipCar situation - I'm a member here in Boston - and wow. There are dozens of them around Seattle - at least seven cars within easy walking distance - stipulating that the GH is on a hill. I haven't checked what their usual availability is yet. I have mentioned the most convenient "legacy" car companies above, but what a nice alternative. I also didn't know of the Hertz outlet right at hand - which I'm not sure was there when I was last there. Or maybe I didn't consider it because Dollar and Budget were less. Anyway, the options get better and better.

BTW, I just entered the GH address - 721 Pine St. - on the ZipCar reservations page. It auto-populated "721 Pine St., Metro Transit, Seattle" - a reflection of how close all this is. Cars were as low as $8/hr., and that includes petrol and t&f. One could take the rapid transit line in from the airport, grab a car, take care of business, drop it off, even before registering at the front desk.

^

[I have no connection with any of them, except as customer.]

Last edited by Firewind; Nov 20, 2012 at 6:55 pm
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:00 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I called to make a reservation at this property and was notified (by the front desk by way of the Diamond agent making the reservation) that the Grand Club now serves hot breakfast in the lounge. She said that this is a recent change and that "breakfast included" rates like AAA Breakfast rates are fulfilled by access to the club.

I'll update further after I have a chance to stay here.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:28 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by baliktad
I called to make a reservation at this property and was notified (by the front desk by way of the Diamond agent making the reservation) that the Grand Club now serves hot breakfast in the lounge. She said that this is a recent change and that "breakfast included" rates like AAA Breakfast rates are fulfilled by access to the club.

I'll update further after I have a chance to stay here.
see post #145

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.