FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Seattle REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 19, 2015, 2:43 pm
baliktad
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by steveholt
Tried to use my Hyatt CC Anniversary night here. Base-level room with two doubles was available online. Called in and after the Hyatt rep made a few calls, was told that I couldn't use the anniversary night because a double room "is considered an upgraded room", per central reservations. That seems crazy, no?
The room types on the "Standard" room page are listed as "King Room" and "Double Room," so you could make a reasonable argument that either of those should be available for award bookings.

However, this hotel is known to have a very small number of double rooms (something like 10%). Unlike most hotels that will charge the same rate for either bed configuration of their base room type, the GH Seattle normally charges a $15 premium to book a Double bed room. So it's not entirely surprising that the Double room is considered an 'upgraded' room type.

Personally, I would book the King room if it's available and then contact the hotel directly to request a Double room if at all possible. They're likely to try to find some way to accommodate you.