Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Colin
There are no such room types at this property. I would recommend spending that money to ensure a Loft or Large Loft.
From the corresponding photos, it appears that the upgrade is indeed to the Loft or Large Loft, but that's not the terminology used in the email!
Old Sep 22, 2016, 11:26 am
Community Director Emerita

We just had a two night stay. We are routinely upgraded to a loft room as a diamond. Breakfast is excellent with innovative menu choices. Service was superb. On check out, I offered a gift card that had roughly $75 left on it. It's my last gift card. I have decided to not buy any more, no matter the discount, due to reports of fraud by others. Wouldn't you know, it came up as -0-. The Front Office Manager happened to be checking me out. He took the card, took notes, and has taken responsibility for getting me the credit for the card. He said that even if Hyatt should fail to honor it, that the hotel will do so. Amazing! I was very impressed that this wasn't made my problem to handle.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
My wife and I just completed a one night stay here this past Saturday night. This was a points stay as it was booked last minute and the rates were $600+. Went to check-in around noon, room wasn't ready but they took our bags and noted that they would call when it was ready. Returned around 4pm, picked up our keys and they mentioned that we were upgraded to the largest room on the property. Room 222 was the vintner suite and was absolutely gorgeous. Huge living room with a 80" flatscreen tv on the wall. 8 person dining room table, plenty of seating and space. Great balcony overlooking 1st street with two large chairs. Bedroom was gorgeous with a fireplace, large soaking tub and a nice size bathroom. We opted for room service breakfast the next morning, all charges were removed at checkout.

I am not a fan of the host and no front desk setup that the Andaz properties have, seems like I always have to wait longer and the process feels weird. The service at this property was just fine, we will definitely be back but my only gripe is how they continue to handle DSUs.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:11 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
...they mentioned that we were upgraded to the largest room on the property. Room 222 was the vintner suite and was absolutely gorgeous. Huge living room with a 80" flatscreen tv on the wall. 8 person dining room table, plenty of seating and space. Great balcony overlooking 1st street with two large chairs. Bedroom was gorgeous with a fireplace, large soaking tub and a nice size bathroom.
Nice! It's fun to read a report on this suite.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Nice! It's fun to read a report on this suite.
It's nice to read a positive Diamond treatment report on this property!

Seems like something has changed in the past few months - I see you were upgraded to a Loft (without a DSU) during your last stay, as was a Platinum guest staying on Chase free night certs. Would be great if this Andaz started treating top tier HGP members as well as some other Andaz properties (5th Avenue, Maui, Amsterdam come to mind) do.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Had a 2 night award stay during crush in September. Pleasantly surprised to get a complimentary upgrade to a Loft (given they were at full capacity).

Called in early and they accommodated an early check in and had already arranged the 4 pm check out before I asked. I was going to take the amenity but was told that they had already arranged one in the room beforehand so they gave me the points (a bottle of Chandon and some chocolates).

Breakfast was charged to the room and fully comped off the bill. Food was surprising delicious and compared fairly well to meals we had off-site (We thought it was better than the food at Olive 8, which we had the weekend before).

Overall a great experience, will absolutely be back.

One thing to note was that award availability was tough but we had booked ~6 months in advance. Given how awesome the location and treatment was, it ended up being well worth the hassle.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Award availability here is getting to be as tough as the Andaz Maui.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:31 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by josephstern
Award availability here is getting to be as tough as the Andaz Maui.
We just stayed there last weekend (March 3-5) on a 2-night award, so it sis still possible.

Cheers.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 5:47 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I booked 2 nights P+C for a weekend in May. The regular rates weren't outrageously high but I was still surprised P+C and full points award stays available.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I need to find dates with the Andaz King to get award availability, right? Andaz City View King is just too much of any upgrade.

Having been in neither, my supposition is that they're learning to play the Hyatt game here.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 12:03 am

So I need to find dates with the Andaz King to get award availability, right? Andaz City View King is just too much of any upgrade.

Having been in neither, my supposition is that they're learning to play the Hyatt game here.
Really depends on the date and how far in advance that you're booking.

I was able to find availability Oct 13 - 15 on the Andaz King where the cash price is $679, representing a 3.4 CPP redemption.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So what's below the "Andaz City View King" room here?

Looking for award night rooms . . . what view is worse than "City"? "Andaz Dumpster View King" like in Maui?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 1:48 pm

Looking for award night rooms . . . what view is worse than "City"? "Andaz Dumpster View King" like in Maui?
You're looking for the king for award availability.

Finished my second award stay here this weekend, using a T/DSU. A few things to note that may be useful;

1) Valet Parking waived for the award stay
2) Free drink coupon still included (2 glasses of Chandon)
3) Breakfast was still solid, albeit service a little on the slower side
4) Welcome amenity provided (bottle of Chandon for a special occasion)

Last edited by esquesk; Apr 3, 2017 at 9:30 pm Reason: edited for correction by Kacee
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

I had the same reaction when recently searching for award space at this property. Is the "City View" a new category?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by esquesk
You're looking for the queen for award availability.

Finished my second award stay here this weekend, using a T/DSU. A few things to note that may be useful;

1) Valet Parking waived for the award stay
2) Free drink coupon still included (2 glasses of Chandon)
3) Breakfast was still solid, albeit service a little on the slower side
4) Welcome amenity provided (bottle of Chandon for a special occasion)
I don't see a queen listed here:

https://napa.andaz.hyatt.com/en/hotel/rooms.html

Looks like I need "standard" versus "view" to get award space.

I get it if it's an ocean view or a waterfall view or an Eiffel Tower view. But a view of Downtown Napa? That just means you're gaming the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.