Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2017, 4:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by esquesk
You're looking for the queen for award availability.
Awards book into Andaz King.

Originally Posted by josephstern
I get it if it's an ocean view or a waterfall view or an Eiffel Tower view. But a view of Downtown Napa? That just means you're gaming the system.
Just like a City View Executive Suite at GH SF . . . .
Old May 18, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: SPG
Just stayed there for one night on a weekday (quick getaway). It was a special occasion, and the staff there went our of their way to make it special. My husband is Globalist and we stayed on points.

We were upgraded to what they called a Presidential Suite; the actual name is Vinter's Suite. I was quite entertained that a soaking tub is right next to the second-floor window overlooking the street, but hey.

The food was great both at breakfast and dinner.

It was a very nice and seamless experience and I am definitely looking forward to going back.

Last edited by Eupatoria; May 18, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by Kacee
I had the same reaction when recently searching for award space at this property. Is the "City View" a new category?
I didn't see an answer to either of the questions regarding what is below city view?

Just curious what I'm in for on our King bed award stay in August? No status.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We stayed here on points and were upgraded to one of the small suites with the freestanding bath next to the bed. Exactly the same room config as our last stay in 2014.

Staff were all very pleasant and breakfast was good - $75 allowance per day.

Will certainly return if we are in the area again but by then I will have lost all Hyatt status so may not be as good.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Staff were all very pleasant and breakfast was good - $75 allowance per day.
Does the $75 allowance include gratuity? At the Miami Centric $28 per person American breakfast plus tax and 18% gratuity meant $71+.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by CIT85
Does the $75 allowance include gratuity? At the Miami Centric $28 per person American breakfast plus tax and 18% gratuity meant $71+.
We spent just under $75 and added a tip. We were just charged for the $4 that the tip took the total to $79.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
We spent just under $75 and added a tip. We were just charged for the $4 that the tip took the total to $79.
Thanks. That means $75 is the total allowance including taxes and tips.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CIT85
Thanks. That means $75 is the total allowance including taxes and tips.
That is certainly how our breakfast bills were treated
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
What is this allowance?

Is that the Diamond (or whatever a Diamond is now called) amenity?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was just there - $75 was the Globalist breakfast credit.

Hotel was quite nice as was the service.

Breakfast left a little to be desired - I especially dislike that they don't have a barista. Coffee drinks come from an automated machine and taste like it. In a food-focused town like Napa, that was surprising.

Got an upgrade to a suite. Very nice, but my bed had deep depressions in each side. The hotel can't be old enough to need new beds already, right?

Anyway, staff there was great, as was location.

No spa or pool, which was a shame, but I'd still go back.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
What is this allowance?

Is that the Diamond (or whatever a Diamond is now called) amenity?
No, I don't think so. The Diamond Amenity was enhanced away during the move to WoH. There has always been a free breakfast for Diamonds/Globalists. Some hotels give you free buffet/continental others give you a daily amount you can spend on breakfast.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Has anyone here ever seen ANY award availability at Andaz Napa?

I've been trying for ages for anything: points, points+cash, free night. Absolutely nothing, ever. No weekdays, no weekends, not even one-night stays. (I am globalist, FWIW.)

Super frustrating.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:56 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I find availability on lots of future nights. Clearly they won't be available during the peak grape season. But almost any date I try in 2018 is available for award.

Conjecture: If you check any kind of special rate (AAA, corporate, etc) when searching, it will show just some (perhaps none) of the award availability. When searching for awards, I always do a new search with no special rates checked. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by yoganeck

I've been trying for ages for anything: points, points+cash, free night. Absolutely nothing, ever. No weekdays, no weekends, not even one-night stays. (I am globalist, FWIW.)

Super frustrating.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:48 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
If you check any kind of special rate (AAA, corporate, etc) when searching, it will show just some (perhaps none) of the award availability.
It's "none." Searching for a special rate kills the award search capability. Completely.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 3:22 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by yoganeck

Super frustrating.

never checked availability previously. Did a first time search for this hotel for random dates September 19-22, 2017. Shows award availability on first chosen dates.
Ensure you do not have a corporate rate somewhere in the field, even if the radio button is not selected, and as Kacee states, kills the ability to search for awards.

Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.