Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:25 pm
cwc

Does standard room with two beds exist in this property? I am trying to book one night (2adults & one 7yr) and reservation system is forcing me to book a suite for 3people! Should I just "cheat" book 2 adults only? I don't mind if they charge us extra person in the room (my daughter sleep with us on weekend anyway as a treat), but I don't want to pay $800 for a suite!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by cwc
Does standard room with two beds exist in this property? I am trying to book one night (2adults & one 7yr) and reservation system is forcing me to book a suite for 3people! Should I just "cheat" book 2 adults only? I don't mind if they charge us extra person in the room (my daughter sleep with us on weekend anyway as a treat), but I don't want to pay $800 for a suite!
The Standard rooms at Andaz Napa do not have two beds. These rooms have one King bed and do not allow a rollaway because the rooms are too small (310 sq ft). There are a limited number of 2 King Bed Deluxe Rooms, and these tend to book quickly. Another option are the Loft or Large Loft Rooms - these have King beds and some of the rooms have pull out sofa beds. If the room doesn’t have a sofa bed, it can accommodate a rollaway. And if you are booking with cash, you could consider the Privé rate (same as Standard Rate) for extra value with all the complimentary Privé benefits.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 12:46 am
cwc

Thank KristenNix,

I follow the onemileatatime instruction and looked up the "standard" rate for 3 people. It is only showing the suite. Doe that mean no loft room with pull out sofa or none of the large loft room is available, that is why they forcing me to book a suite?
Old Jun 8, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: Four Seasons PP, RW Elite, Dorchester Diamond, Virtuoso, PenClub, Privé, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Originally Posted by cwc
Thank KristenNix,

I follow the onemileatatime instruction and looked up the "standard" rate for 3 people. It is only showing the suite. Doe that mean no loft room with pull out sofa or none of the large loft room is available, that is why they forcing me to book a suite?
Availability could be limited for your dates. To confirm whether Loft rooms are available for your dates, you can call the hotel directly or reach out to a Privé advisor who can double check this for you.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Does this property typically offer only nonrefundable rates during anticipated busy weekends? Seeing only nonrefundable rates for several busy weekends.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
On the plus side this property is one of the few in Napa that will sell rooms for one weekend night (many have 2 night minimums) and also has award night inventory.
On the minus side there is an extraordinary "no refund" policy that applies to award night reservations (at least 60 days for the nights I checked). Quite punitive - the only other place I've seen that is Aspen and Vail (non-Hyatt) properties peak ski dates.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by Boraxo
On the plus side this property is one of the few in Napa that will sell rooms for one weekend night (many have 2 night minimums) and also has award night inventory.
On the minus side there is an extraordinary "no refund" policy that applies to award night reservations (at least 60 days for the nights I checked). Quite punitive - the only other place I've seen that is Aspen and Vail (non-Hyatt) properties peak ski dates.
For many weekend stays I’m seeing a cancellation policy of “one night deposit at booking, cancel 7 days prior for a refund”. At least when combined with the Hyatt Prive perks, the rate won’t seem as steep!
Old Jul 15, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Full prepayment, no cancellation, no changes. Ouch

Just check my reservation for the end of September. No changes, etc . I know that’s a busy season in the wine country, but I checked some other random dates ranging from 2 weeks to 8 months out. Same no change policy. That is extreme.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Nothing succeeds like success"
Old Jul 19, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Just check my reservation for the end of September. No changes, etc . I know that’s a busy season in the wine country, but I checked some other random dates ranging from 2 weeks to 8 months out. Same no change policy. That is extreme.
I noticed some refundable rates (with 7-day cancellation) popped up for one of the weekends I was looking at. I realize this is not helpful to you, but figured I'd note as a data point (not helpful to me either, as I already booked elsewhere).
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gengar
I noticed some refundable rates (with 7-day cancellation) popped up for one of the weekends I was looking at. I realize this is not helpful to you, but figured I'd note as a data point (not helpful to me either, as I already booked elsewhere).
Yes I noticed the same thing for dates 2 weeks out though the rates I saw had 72-hour cancellation. It is unfortunate the property penalizes early bookers with high non-ref rates - I guess they learn from airline execs.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Updating review:

Stayed here with 20k award on Friday night, and once again this property exceeded all expectations! Checkin was fast - as Explorist was not expecting much but we were upgraded to top floor suite with a tub - even nicer than the room we received 2 years ago. Was surprised to learn the minibar is complimentary except for alcohol (which we really didn't need after a day of wine tasting. Saw no reason to valet as self-park is $10 at the public garage behind the hotel - very convenient. The rooms and bathrooms are gorgeous. On this minus side, I don't like bathrooms that have a sliding door and no separate door for the toilet (and no fan) - this is fine for business hotels but not so great for couples (which I would imagine are the bulk of business here). Also not a fan of showers that do not have doors and did not appreciate standing in an inch of water due to slow drainage. The free wine offered at checkin was mediocre. But these are minor complaints... Overall this continues to be one of the best chain properties in the area (the Westin is comparable) with a great location in walking distance of many restaurants and nightlife (such as it is in downtown Napa). The staff was uniformly wonderful.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat Amb, United Silver, National Exec
Any recent experience with upgrading to suites on a paid stay using points?
I'm going to try in the next few days and will add data points.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:52 pm

@Boraxo thanks for the review! Did you find that the wineries, tasting rooms, and restaurants were open at least for outdoor dining/tasting when you were there? Considering a stay end of this month...

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2020, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by madderlake
@Boraxo thanks for the review! Did you find that the wineries, tasting rooms, and restaurants were open at least for outdoor dining/tasting when you were there? Considering a stay end of this month...

Thanks!
that stay was 2 years ago so I don’t know what is currently operating. My understanding is that many wineries are going outdoor tastings (many always have) and there are numerous restaurants with outdoor seating. But best to check websites and/or call ahead. Many require reservations now to limit crowding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.