Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2016, 2:00 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Even if you picked the Driskill... I'm still not certain you made the right call on Austin vs Napa.
I picked the Hyatt Austin--not the Driskill.

I will have one more DSU to use this year 2016/2017.

The refurbished rooms and suites at the Hyatt Austin are getting excellent reviews.

At the Andaz Napa I can use my DSU and get an upgrade for which I would otherwise pay $40/night.

At the Hyatt Austin I can use my DSU and get an upgrade for which I would otherwise pay $400/night.

I can go to the Andaz Napa on another occasion when I have already used my DSUs....

What would you do? Both locations will be first time visits for me....
Old Apr 19, 2016, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by travelexpert
What would you do? Both locations will be first time visits for me....
For me I would pick Austin, mainly because I have never been to Austin And I have been to Andaz Napa many times, including the night of the Napa earthquake!! I never used a DSU here, as I am usually out the entire day. I choose to stay here because it's within walking distance to my favorite steak house in Napa - Cole's Chop House.
Old May 17, 2016, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
So by not applying the DSU, you can theoretically be upgraded at check-in three categories higher than the DSU will get you.

This property off my list for gaming the program.
Seconded. I was looking up Cash + points today, seems to be good availability in October, but this is bummer news.
Old May 30, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Has anyone been above to get a full suite (two separate) rooms using a DSU, confirmed at booking?

As an aside--I assume the rules of DSUs do not require that the property offer a a full suite if both junior suites and full suites are available?
Old May 30, 2016, 9:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Has anyone been above to get a full suite (two separate) rooms using a DSU, confirmed at booking?

As an aside--I assume the rules of DSUs do not require that the property offer a a full suite if both junior suites and full suites are available?
The program rules contain no restrictions whatsoever on what the property can call a "suite." Which is why this property (and certain others . . . hello PH NYC) can get away with giving out non-suites on DSUs.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The program rules contain no restrictions whatsoever on what the property can call a "suite." Which is why this property (and certain others . . . hello PH NYC) can get away with giving out non-suites on DSUs.
Thanks for this info--I have been eyeing the PH NYC for a DSU.

Seems like I need to go read some FT posts on the PH NYC and what to expect regarding DSUs (or not).
Old May 31, 2016, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks for this info--I have been eyeing the PH NYC for a DSU.

Seems like I need to go read some FT posts on the PH NYC and what to expect regarding DSUs (or not).
I'll go OT here. PH NYC gives what they call a junior suite. It's a single large space with a sitting area. The biggest negative in my view is these rooms are confined to lower floors on the 57th Street side and are subject to a surprising amount of street noise for brand new construction.

I much prefer Andaz 5th for Diamond treatment.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:38 pm

Just did a quick one-night stay this past Sunday, and got an awesome rate of $234 considering BottleRock concert bought a lot of people in town. Much to my delight, I was given a two-room "suite", nice sitting area, and a big tub next to the bed (odd). My room had a nice view of the church. I have stayed at this hotel many times and this was the first time as a Diamond and first time getting a "suite" type of room. Staff has always been very friendly, once they learned that I stay here often, they even put a note in and that I like the room ;-) Maybe when I return in August for a winemaker's dinner, I will be surprised again, maybe even with a tower suite?? ;-)
Old Jun 14, 2016, 4:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
We just spent two very nice nights here. I am a Platinum based on having the credit card and was using the 2 free nights that I got for signing up. It was difficult to get the nights due to high occupancy, but it worked out.

We were upgraded to a "Andaz Loft," but it had the separate sitting room and bedroom that some are referring to as a "suite." It was in the curved part of the building on the eastern side of the building with a view of the post office and church.

The staff were friendly and accommodating (2PM checkout). The health club next door was nice for a late morning following a run, and the location was very convenient to a nice running route and the Uptown Theatre.

Definitely a place to come back to.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:57 am

Does this hotel offer weekend award stays? My wife wants to go to Napa and I checked every weekend from now through October and got nothing. Is it that busy or do they block out weekends?

Last edited by Dsnow0819; Jul 7, 2016 at 9:23 am
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:40 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
Does this hotel offer weekend award stays? My wife wants to go to Napa and I checked every weekend from now through October and got nothing. Is it that busy or do they block out weekends?
Its peak time in Napa. You can find stuff mid-week but likely not on weekends. Ive got two award night stays in August on a Wed/Thurs coming up.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by austin_modern
Its peak time in Napa. You can find stuff mid-week but likely not on weekends. Ive got two award night stays in August on a Wed/Thurs coming up.
Thanks, that's what I figured.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
The hotel did have availability a few months ago for awards (I'm booked for a weekend mid september), however, looks like it was gobbled up. Makes sense as it's their high season.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Is it worth $50/nt to upgrade to Jr. Suite or $70/nt to upgrade to Andaz Suite? As a Plat I don't usually expect much in the way of free upgrades.

Not sure we really need the extra space as it's just the two of us, and we don't plan to spend much time in the room. Now if they threw in breakfast...
Old Jul 13, 2016, 1:20 pm

There are no such room types at this property. I would recommend spending that money to ensure a Loft or Large Loft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.