Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Anyone know how I can get an email address for the hotel?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 8:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We stayed here for a couple of nights. Unfortunately I hadn't realised that the terrace bar and the restaurant are closed on Monday and Tuesday - the days we were staying but plenty of other choices including the excellent Tarla.

Pulled up outside and our luggage was taken out of the car and I was given directions how to drive to the garage. It's nice to have free parking. Walked back to reception and we were offered a glass of wine while we checked in.

Andaz Napa - map by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Andaz Napa - bar by nigelrturner, on Flickr

I had used a suite voucher and we were given a large loft room on the 3rd floor overlooking the terrace. Nice room with separate seating area and a free standing tub in the bedroom. Very happy with the room.

Breakfast was served in the Farmers Market and the choice and quality was excellent. Another vote for the chicken sausage hash. Service was very very slow though.

Andaz Napa - Farmers Market by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Andaz Napa - Farmers Market by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Even though the Terrace Bar was closed it was still a nice place to sit and enjoy a drink in the evening.

Andaz Napa - terrace by nigelrturner, on Flickr
Old Feb 22, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Has anyone stayed here recently? Considering using our card 2 free nights here in early April that are about expire. Thank you.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IC Plat AMB
I am here now, any specific questions? As per this thread, wonderful quiet location. Upgraded to the large "loft" with a fireplace, but no "loft". Nice staff and great location in downtown Napa.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:41 am

I am thinking about this property for 3 nights at the end of September. The reviews on here make this seem like a good choice.

Has anyone been recently? I'm curious as to walking distance to dining and concierge service quality here.

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ashap
I am thinking about this property for 3 nights at the end of September. The reviews on here make this seem like a good choice.

Has anyone been recently? I'm curious as to walking distance to dining and concierge service quality here.

Thanks!
Great hotel. Location is good with many restaurants within walking distance. We worked with concierge for restaurant reservations and winery visits. Everything they suggested was very good.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by ashap

Thanks!
There are dozens of restaurants within walking distance (1/2 mile). The concierge(s) were very helpful and knowledgeable.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by BOSFish
Great hotel. Location is good with many restaurants within walking distance. We worked with concierge for restaurant reservations and winery visits. Everything they suggested was very good.
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
There are dozens of restaurants within walking distance (1/2 mile). The concierge(s) were very helpful and knowledgeable.
Thanks guys! The hotel looks nice and the andaz branch has been pretty highly recommended so I'm optimistic about staying here.
Old May 26, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: Singapore Air, Delta, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood
Different Hotel Experience

This hotel is in a great location if you are interested in exploring Napa Valley and the many wineries located in that area. Being in downtown there are a number of excellent restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The hotel itself has a refreshing at home atmosphere that was very appealing. We were offered a complimentary glass of wine at checkin by one of the Hosts. The Breakfast in the hotel restaurant is outstanding and the rooms are comfortable. The hotel hosts complimentary wine tastings and massages in the lobby every night from 5-6. The team at this hotel is outstanding and will make you feel very much at home. You can view a slideshow highlighting this excellent team at:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4V...it?usp=sharing
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:11 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Jackhammering right outside starting at 8 am today. No notice on website and I don't know when this project ends. It's clearly government work, but I'd contact the hotel if you're staying soon and have any expectation of peace and quiet.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM, AA EXP MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Avis First (oh boy)
just stayed

Awesome experience, great service and advice from concierge and staff, had a nice room with a terrace and really enjoyed our weekend there. Definitely going back!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Anyone else have an upcoming stay here? I read that the hotel was evacuated following the earthquake and guests were required to make alternate accommodations. I'll be there over Labor Day weekend and am wondering if there's any chance of the hotel being out of business for a small period of time.

Hope everyone was able to get out safely and that the area recovers quickly!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:10 pm

From Facebook:

Thank you to everyone for their support and thoughts. Our property and our dining venues, Andaz Farmers Table and Mercantile Social/Mercantile Terrace, are currently impacted due to Sunday morning's earthquake in the area.

We are currently closed as the safety of our guests and associates is a top priority. We expect to re-open soon and will keep you posted on a re-opening date.

Guests with reservations should call 1-800-323-7249 prior to arriving to the hotel.

Take care,

Andaz Napa Team
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
FYI, hyatt.com is accepting reservations at the Andaz Napa starting August 28th, but there's nothing about the quake on the hotel's website. One of the historic buildings that I see pictured on CNN with damage IIRC is a block or two from the hotel.

The Hyatt Vineyard Creek in Santa Rosa, which is quite different in style but also very nice, seems to be open and have space.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:42 pm

Now set to re-open Sept 1.

Updated News. We are extending our closure through Monday, September 1st. Our hotel and all our outlets will remaind closed through Monday. Guests with reservations please contact 1-800-323-7249 for assistance.
Thank you for your patience,
Andaz Napa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.