Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Napa Valley REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I think I will just rent a car at SJC and fly in and out of SJC as well. The drive from Napa is longer than for STS, but will save me a the one way rental fee. Thanks for the advice.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 7:22 am

I can't seem to find any rooms available on either points or cash after Dec 31, 2022. Is this property leaving Hyatt? What else could explain this?
Old Apr 25, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by olouie
Rent a car for sure. Uber is going to be expensive and honestly without a car getting around napa valley is not awesome unless you hire a driver/limo etc.
Depends on how much you are drinking and if you will have a designated driver. Haven't been in a while, but they do check for drunk drivers.

A particularly active place was Cline in Sonoma which is a) on the road from Napa to SF and b) open later than the others, so folks who wanted a couple for the road would stop. The cops know this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by slariz
I can't seem to find any rooms available on either points or cash after Dec 31, 2022. Is this property leaving Hyatt? What else could explain this?
The hotel has been slow in loading availability. (see posts above)
Old Aug 9, 2022, 10:06 pm

Any recent stays to report? Lots of points avails now in August!
Old Dec 17, 2022, 9:56 pm

Programs: IHG Plat(Ambssdr on occasion), Hyatt Explr(2023), AS Mileage Plan, Rapid Rewards, Bonvoy Plat
Stayed here yesterday for one night.

Booked : King Room for 21,000 pts.
Globalist Upgrade : Andaz Junior Suite
Destination fee waived.
Mini-bar was empty but given tote with 2 bottles of water with a bag of potato chips.
Breakfast was very good. After tip was $72 for 2 people. No charge on bill. Not sure if Globalist covered all of it or they also applied the $15 F&B credit that comes with the Destination fee.
Asked for Globalist late checkout, no problem.

Overall, great stay. Really, only Con on the room would be the HVAC was very loud, also some street noise.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:26 pm

Surprised this property doesn’t have more reviews. Just completed a one night stay using a certificate. Really good experience. Upgraded to junior andaz suite the morning of check in date, good service, wine upon arrival and up to $100 credit breakfast as globalist. Self parking is free behind the hotel or valet for $35 or free on award stays and valet was awesome - my wife forgot her purse on the seat and he ran it back to us before taking the car away. A++++

Junior suite is nice with interesting tub placement right next to the bed. Shower glass lets a lot of water leak out but otherwise nice bathroom. Some street noise so bring earplugs if sensitive sleepe.

Breakfast was tasty and prepared for take away super quickly.

JohnnyP likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Is this a reasonable 1-nighter option for dinner at TFL? I have been advised that it isn't really possible to do TFL without spending a night.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:46 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Is this a reasonable 1-nighter option for dinner at TFL? I have been advised that it isn't really possible to do TFL without spending a night.
It's not particularly close, but we stayed here when we ate at TFL. We used ride shares both ways but were a little concerned about availability late at night, after we finished dinner. The front desk agent laughed when I asked about it and said to not worry, TFL didn't want us stuck there and would make sure we got back.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by skj
It's not particularly close, but we stayed here when we ate at TFL. We used ride shares both ways but were a little concerned about availability late at night, after we finished dinner. The front desk agent laughed when I asked about it and said to not worry, TFL didn't want us stuck there and would make sure we got back.
Any reason you didn't rent a car? I'd imagine a day rate is cheaper than uber there and back
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:49 pm
skj

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Any reason you didn't rent a car? I'd imagine a day rate is cheaper than uber there and back
CHP and local LEO. Uber is much cheaper than a DUI/DWI.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 12:57 pm

Napa area is full of Ubers and ride shares so no need to worry even late at night.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 1:26 pm
skj

Originally Posted by olouie
Napa area is full of Ubers and ride shares so no need to worry even late at night.
Good to hear! That wasn't the case 2 years ago when we stayed in Napa and dined at TFL.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by skj
Good to hear! That wasn't the case 2 years ago when we stayed in Napa and dined at TFL.
Maybe YMMY but was up there last month and ubers/left were plentiful until around midnight at least. Not sure if thats true for everywhere up there but at least Napa, Yountville and St Helena.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 3:56 pm

Staying here for one night

Booked a King Room on Regular Rate

As a Discoverist Upgraded to an Andaz Junior Suite

Given a Napa Valley Andaz tote bag with 2 bottles of watter, a bag of potato chips and mixed nuts on check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.